For all you RPG, simulation, and strategy game fans, what are your top games? I know there aren't that many good games in this category, but hopefully more will be coming out with the official release of OS 2.

Here are a few games I am enjoying, and these are pretty common games I suppose.

1. Majesty - I've been playing this a lot lately, it's pretty addictive if you're into games like these. You basically have a kingdom and have to create buildings and convince your warriors and wizards to go out and finish your quests for you. You don't directly control any units. Price: $2

2. Eternal Legacy - I haven't played it much yet, but it reminds me of Final Fantasy 13 a lot, especially with the battle style (queuing up to 3 commands in turn based battle system). Graphics look nice, only gripe is that it isn't working now on the beta OS 2. Hopefully will be fixed soon. Price: $1

3. Crystal Story - It's a decent little RPG with simple graphics and a random dungeon generator. There's a bit of grinding and gear upgrading type stuff involved, but if you're into old school RPGs, then it's a pretty decent game at only $1.

4. Shopper's Paradise HD - I think this game may be new for OS 2 beta but it's basically a tower defense game with a money/time management objective. Customers come in on a set path and you build stores along the sides of the path and try to complete money objectives. $3

5. Papa's Burgeria - If you like stuff like Cooking Dash or Cake Mania, you would probably like this game as well, but there is more emphasis on food creation/accuracy than the other games. $2

6. Clash of Mages: I like playing this when I just want to do a quick online battle. It's a very simple and basic game, but I find strangely addictive. The single player/campaign is pretty meh. $2 (free lite version as well - you cannot pass Mage rank if you play online however, and will be asked to buy full version to continue).

7. Starfront Collision HD - This is pretty much Starcraft in a nutshell, graphics are good and you can also play online. Not bad for $1.

There are a few games I haven't tried such as Earth & Legends, Sim City Deluxe, and I dunno what else, but I may pick those up if and when they drop in price. Anyone have any games to recommend or any thoughts on these games? I hope more RPGs are released for Playbook, they look and play very well on it!
    02-03-12 02:36 PM
    Castle Warriors is a fun tower defence/strategy game. Right now it's only $0.99 on app world. I'm pretty sure I paid $2 or $3 for it when it came out.

Beware as it does not currently support OS 2.0.
    02-03-12 03:56 PM
    eternal legacy is really nice, I also like nano kingdom. It reminds me of stick wars (flash game)
    02-03-12 04:53 PM
    As far as native playbook games go, Majesty is my favourite and I like Nano Kingdoms as well. Grave Defense is a fun tower defense type too. Shoppers Paradise is on my 'to buy list'.
    With the recent release of a whole slew of emulators for the PB I'll be looking to satisfy my RPG needs with Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Link on Snes9x and a bit of action strategy with Syndicate on DGEN.
    I'm also waiting for RIM to release their bluetooth keyboard/case so that I can really get using DOSBox. It'd be fun to revisit Warcraft 2, and XCom is a game I missed out but always though I should play.
    02-03-12 05:19 PM
    I wouldn't mind some version of something from the Sid Meier's Civilization series.
    BBMak likes this.
    02-03-12 07:02 PM
    im playing Eternal Lagacy but am stuck early in the game where you have to race with that big lizard thing. i cant figure out how to drive it.
    02-03-12 08:05 PM
    I've got Star Front: Collision HD. Great game definitely worth the $1 price. Its got a very short campaign though in my opinion.

I too would love a Civilization game.
    02-04-12 10:01 AM
    BUMP

ok anyone out there can help me with my problem? i really want to keep playing this game but i am completely stuck... playing Eternal Legacy and im early in the game where you have to race the lizard thing across the desert but my lizard keeps going in circles. any advice??

NVM figured it out. its like NFS you gotta 'drive' your PB
    Last edited by JAGWIRE; 02-04-12 at 09:12 PM.
    02-04-12 07:53 PM
    I wouldn't mind some version of something from the Sid Meier's Civilization series.
    I remember there was a flash version of civnet somewhere online, with multiplayer... not sure
    02-05-12 12:52 AM
    Hello all,

We have just release our new action-RPG on BB10 and PlayBook devices.

The game is a fast-paced action game, with RPG elements. It is a one-of-its-kind on Blackberry, hope you will like it.

Do check it out on Blackberry Appworld!!
    BlackBerry World - Song of Swords
    Few in-game screenshots:
    Attachment 207345
    Attachment 207346
    Attachment 207348

Cheers..
    10-03-13 08:05 AM
    Hello The Crackberry Team I would like to inform you that plz develop Trainz Simulator for Blackberry Playbook and Need for speed Most Wanted and Shift...

Thanx..
    08-05-15 01:47 PM
    The Bard's Tale for all you old Apple ][ users...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD