Im obsessed with final fantasy type games and wanted to know are there any others available yet or coming soon besides 7... i thinks thats what its called...?
    10-14-11 08:46 PM
    Good question... I havent found much. I really thought about scratching one together but Im having a hard time justifying the development time against the income potential.

I put my final touches on a tiling screen system last week for a TD (still might not build it i dunno) and was debating adding a isometric tiling system next for my as3 game engine.

But I have been thinking about it. Just my engine isnt that far completed and it would have a long development time for me...

... the gfx would probably take the longgest.
    10-14-11 09:10 PM
    Yea I mean I don't want to complain cause over all I have enjoyed my playbook especially when bridged but the lack of apps and things i really enjoy in a tablet are just a little disappointing.
    10-14-11 09:46 PM
    With all the great games coming out from folks like EA, Gameloft, and some of the other smaller shops using Marmalade (and Unity soon), surely SOMEONE is going to hit us up in AppWorld with a little RPG actions sometime soon!

Pretty please!!
    10-14-11 11:01 PM
    Im obsessed with final fantasy type games and wanted to know are there any others available yet or coming soon besides 7... i thinks thats what its called...?
    Interesting you say that. I have often though a licensing agreement between RIM and Nintendo would be mutually beneficial. RIM needs a simple consumer device with high fun factor. Nintendo needs a broader online community and a way to take their game titles to the mobile market. All Nintendo needs to do is use the QNX kernel and BB radio code to develop a phone/gamboy combination device. In turn Nintendo could start porting their old hit titles and develop new ones for both the BlackBerry and Nintendo handhelds.
    10-14-11 11:06 PM
    I think Order & Chaos is a RPG game, it's from Gameloft, it's on iPad so i think they may port it to the PlayBook soon
    10-14-11 11:35 PM
    Its a shame i don't remeber order and chaos... but I do remeber Chaos Rings on my Ipad 2 and the game was sooooo great... cant believe i got rid of my ipad 2
    10-14-11 11:38 PM
    Why did you get rid of it? I still own both, each has its own unique feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 11:44 PM
    Exactly!
    ...there both great devices!
    But now i regret it! I was'nt thinking and really wanted to "fully convert" to blackberry but im switching back again... bb is great but coming from an iphone 4 and ipad 2 and going to a playbook and torch just does not work for me
    now I just have to sell all of my bb stuff lol
    10-14-11 11:50 PM
    Exactly!
    ...there both great devices!
    But now i regret it! I was'nt thinking and really wanted to "fully convert" to blackberry but im switching back again... bb is great but coming from an iphone 4 and ipad 2 and going to a playbook and torch just does not work for me
    now I just have to sell all of my bb stuff lol
    Don't do this before OS2 for the PB and OS7.1 for the Torch 9810/9850/9860

10-15-11 12:57 AM
    you really think the update will make that much of a difference??? lol
    10-15-11 08:54 AM
    you really think the update will make that much of a difference??? lol
    Yes ... 10char

10-15-11 08:55 AM
    Interesting you say that. I have often though a licensing agreement between RIM and Nintendo would be mutually beneficial. RIM needs a simple consumer device with high fun factor. Nintendo needs a broader online community and a way to take their game titles to the mobile market. All Nintendo needs to do is use the QNX kernel and BB radio code to develop a phone/gamboy combination device. In turn Nintendo could start porting their old hit titles and develop new ones for both the BlackBerry and Nintendo handhelds.
    That would be nice, but Nintendo already stated it would not make apps for other mobile devices. Well actually for mobile devices alone. Anyways, they said that would take away the key drive to Nintendo. I suppose they would have to design their own phone or tablet then...
    Yes though. It would have been nice.
    10-15-11 08:56 AM
    Yes ... 10char

oh I highly doubt i will be able to wait that long anyway but i'll see. :/
    10-15-11 08:59 AM
    That would be nice, but Nintendo already stated it would not make apps for other mobile devices. Well actually for mobile devices alone. Anyways, they said that would take away the key drive to Nintendo. I suppose they would have to design their own phone or tablet then...
    Yes though. It would have been nice.
    It depends on the game makers actually. I have squaresoft final fantasy games on my BlackBerry released by Squaresoft. Nintendo wont release much. But I am really hoping with he ndk someone will port PocketSNES - I took a look at the code but never spent the time to find out why its not compiling.
    10-15-11 11:04 AM
    Final fantasy on a blackberry! A dream come true!
    KermEd likes this.
    10-15-11 11:07 AM
    Now that Gameloft has started publishing games for the Playbook, I am hoping that this RPG will be making its way to us: Eternal Legacy iPod touch, iPhone - Great iPhone Game | Gameloft
    10-15-11 12:30 PM
    Yes eternal legacy reminded me the most of final fantasy!
    10-15-11 12:41 PM
    It depends on the game makers actually. I have squaresoft final fantasy games on my BlackBerry released by Squaresoft. Nintendo wont release much. But I am really hoping with he ndk someone will port PocketSNES - I took a look at the code but never spent the time to find out why its not compiling.
    Well that's true, but that's pretty much what I meant. I mean, lol, it's not like they own rights to every game that was ever developed for Nintendo. That's like saying every game that comes to the BB Playbook belongs to BB.
    No, what I meant was, Nintendo won't be releasing their major titles (that they have licensed rights to). Such as: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokeman, Kirby, etc, and all their bodies. Which is a real shame... I believe they'll make portable devices (besides the Nintendo 3DS), but I would of loved Legend of Zelda on my Playbook. Although once they make a phone or things of this nature, I'll have to kiss BB goodbye.
    10-15-11 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD