I can't believe that there is no App for there anyplace T.V
    They have it for I-Phone and android.
    03-08-12 12:34 PM
    Can you sideload the android app over to the playbook?
    03-08-12 12:42 PM
    Well, Rogers basically told me to eff off when I asked about OS7.1 for my 9860, so this doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 12:43 PM
    Rogers is the worst company on the face of the planet.

Anyways, if we can port the Android app over, it would be sweet, but Rogers doesn't even allow subscribed content from their website to stream onto the PlayBook. Only the free stuff works; HBO, etc do not. I contacted Rogers and they said their stuff only works on Android and iOS. Ridiculous.
    03-08-12 12:46 PM
    I'm working on a OTA HDTV app with the HDHomeRun. Should be out in the summer. Will cost $18 and requires a $20 outdoor antenna.

People in large cities like Toronto, New York will get over 20HD(1080i) channels on their playbook for free(aside from the extra hardware). No PC needed to transcode!!

This is my awesome contribution to the playbook. A lot more coming too..

Bought some more shares today tooo. Boom! CrapPad going down...
    03-08-12 12:55 PM
    I was looking for a app for my phone!
    03-08-12 02:09 PM
    This sort of ticked me off too. But then I remembered that, in comparison, there really aren't that many PlayBooks out there.

Its worth it for Rogers (You can even throw Skype and Netflix into this conversation as well) to make applications for iOS and Android because the ONE application can/will span many different devices. From tablets to phones.

Why would Rogers, Skype, Netflix, or whatever other application people are upset about not being available on the PlayBook, make an app for just one device?

My personal opinion is, we'll see this trend begin to change when the BB10 phones come out later in the year.

I stress the word "Begin". Even when the BB10 phones arrive, I think its still going to be a year or so before we see major apps come to our devices.

As for right now, the number of BB10 or 0S 2.0 devices just isn't there. Once the new phones gain in numbers (I have faith they will because QNX is so powerful) then we'll get the goodies. Until then, this is the price we pay for being early adopters.
    Last edited by RicZoh; 03-08-12 at 05:22 PM.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-08-12 05:04 PM
    @osi68... that's because you don't need an app...
    I have watched several shows on rogersondemand.com ... (you use their link rogersanyplacetv.com I believe) ... I just had to log in and then I could access it. Even better I controlled it connected to my tv through bridge. Loving PB : )
    03-08-12 05:52 PM
    Can't. You just use the on demand website?
    03-08-12 06:13 PM
    Has there been any progress on the Playbook HDHomerun app? Would love something like this for viewing HDHomerun streams on my playbook (or Z10 !)

I'm working on a OTA HDTV app with the HDHomeRun. Should be out in the summer. Will cost $18 and requires a $20 outdoor antenna.

People in large cities like Toronto, New York will get over 20HD(1080i) channels on their playbook for free(aside from the extra hardware). No PC needed to transcode!!

This is my awesome contribution to the playbook. A lot more coming too..

Bought some more shares today tooo. Boom! CrapPad going down...
    02-18-13 10:31 AM
    TheRock1975: Are you still here?
    04-05-13 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD