why is this not on the front page of Crackberry ???

Because some people here don't like hearing negative things about the company they worship oh so much. There should be a lot of things posted on the front page, good or bad.
    08-23-11 07:22 PM
    Lets bump all the im+ threads then maybe someone will notice and put a follow up story?
    08-23-11 07:38 PM
    why is this not on the front page of Crackberry ???
    Because Crackberry cannot alienate RIM. It's not like there is another Blackberry manufacturer. They are walking a fine line. I'm sure even the mods are taking a tack to let the thread live or die on it's own without much input so as not to appear to be taking one side or the other.

They are stuck in the middle between their users and the Company whos good graces are needed for their own continues success.
    08-23-11 08:33 PM
    No way to spin this in a positive light.

The PB needs apps. I do not own a PB because there are some things it will not do. (I know it does MANY things!; but I cannot justify the device until these ommissions are corrected.)

Can wait for it to progress to the point where I can buy it and ditch my laptop. Come on RIM please get your ducks in a row!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 08:46 PM
    No way to spin this in a positive light.

The PB needs apps. I do not own a PB because there are some things it will not do. (I know it does MANY things!; but I cannot justify the device until these ommissions are corrected.)

Can wait for it to progress to the point where I can buy it and ditch my laptop. Come on RIM please get your ducks in a row!

Get 'em in a row?! ROFL, H3LL they don't even have any ducks yet!
    08-24-11 09:11 AM
    Because Crackberry cannot alienate RIM. It's not like there is another Blackberry manufacturer. They are walking a fine line. I'm sure even the mods are taking a tack to let the thread live or die on it's own without much input so as not to appear to be taking one side or the other.

They are stuck in the middle between their users and the Company whos good graces are needed for their own continues success.
    These are my thoughts as well.
    08-24-11 09:17 AM
    Embarassment and an acknowledgement that they are taking too long.
    That'd be a pretty poor business strategy...I'd put that a step, maybe two, above the "ah, fack it - let's slash the prices and firesale our inventory" strategy.
    08-24-11 11:49 AM
    With the new ability for 3rd part apps to connect via Bridge, this
    would be a GOOD time to drop IM+ out on PB App World!

Tim
    jadenmiko likes this.
    08-24-11 07:30 PM
    With the new ability for 3rd part apps to connect via Bridge, this
    would be a GOOD time to drop IM+ out on PB App World!

Tim
    It would be a good time for someone with good business accumen (sic) to do that. RIM won't.
    08-25-11 09:37 AM
    Just an FYI - Crackberry DID post a frontpage news article regarding this topic.

And again, no one here knows the reason for the delay - it could be something much more legitimate than merely "Their app is too similar to ours."

I mean, as much as I'm sure the Twitter icon for PB was created by RIM, all these Twitter apps don't follow with the theory that RIM is just stopping any app that might impact the use of their apps.

Just keep that in mind - no one here actually KNOWS what is going on - when you call for the condemnation of RIM.
    08-25-11 09:55 AM
    Just an FYI - Crackberry DID post a frontpage news article regarding this topic.

And again, no one here knows the reason for the delay - it could be something much more legitimate than merely "Their app is too similar to ours."

I mean, as much as I'm sure the Twitter icon for PB was created by RIM, all these Twitter apps don't follow with the theory that RIM is just stopping any app that might impact the use of their apps.

Just keep that in mind - no one here actually KNOWS what is going on - when you call for the condemnation of RIM.
    I suppose Twitter and/or Facebook could be considered a "messaging" app in a broad sense. More of a social app and it doesn't conflict with any effort that RIM is undertaking as far as I've heard.
    08-25-11 10:06 AM
    We know crackberry did a front page article about this, we are waiting for them to do a follow up. I'm sure the app has another 3 months till it gets approved so there really is no hurry to do a follow up on wtf is going on I suppose..

08-25-11 10:26 AM
    I'd much rather see an IMO App anyway, as they are free and could possibly offer video chat cross platform one day.

I still don't understand the fuss about a paid IM App... The frustration over the lack of approval, I do get, however we will probably never know the real reason. It seems pointless to play the blame game right now.

08-25-11 12:21 PM
    How come I feel there was a gag order placed on the folks here at Crackberry on anyone
    posting a front page article on this?

Perhaps the story is not about RIM, but should rather be focused on the bias that CB has here.

Speak to us why or why not CrackBerry will not comment on this!?

Tim
    08-26-11 12:46 PM
    CB is privately owned. They can have any bias they want, and really, owe no one any explanation.
    08-26-11 12:53 PM
    How come I feel there was a gag order placed on the folks here at Crackberry on anyone
    posting a front page article on this?

Perhaps the story is not about RIM, but should rather be focused on the bias that CB has here.

Speak to us why or why not CrackBerry will not comment on this!?

Tim
    They have posted / commented.

Rim is Rim,

2-3 Weeks
    60 Days
    Summer
    No new phones for a year

Patern lies, delays, disrespect for developers, consumers, investors, and yes the media (CB included).

08-26-11 05:23 PM
    Another day goes by without IM+....
    08-27-11 02:00 PM

Come on seriously, what reason is there for RIM to lock out an IM app? Even Apple with all their super duper lock down attitude has allowed IM apps in to their stores. What valid reason could they have? Apple realized that web apps were not going to work and new people wanted offline apps. And they were willing to change. As for RIM?, people want apps and RIM goes "&**& them people".

RIM as a company is run by idiots. They don't get it at all, they are still running the company as if it's the 1990's/ early 2000's when they were the king of the mobile phone world.

The market has changed and RIM chooses to ignore it. They think that if they churn out new hardware with a nice shiny OS they'll do well. Sorry, that's not the way the game is played anymore. For any consumer phone or tablet to do well you need to have apps. And pushing developers away is just dumb. I'm sure their new QNX phones will see but as each year goes by they'll loose more and more sales while the competition takes more of their pie.

It pisses me off when good companies are run by people who lack even the most basic of common sense. Even a peon like myself knows that you need to get as many developers onto your platform as possible. To churn out as many apps as possible, why can't these "geniuses" see this?
    08-28-11 01:05 PM
    Maybe RIM is working on an all in one IM app of their own
    I'm sure they are but why block 3rd party IM/chat products? It's almost like RIM is afraid that 3rd apps will blow their IM apps out of the waters. Apple never stopped docs to go or any of the 3rd party doc editors from their platform while they were developing Iworks for IOS. Again for RIM it all comes down to stubborness & ego.

Pissing developers/pushing developers away is just a sign of stupidty, espeically when you're not in the lead or even in the running. Where are the new awesome QNX phones going to get apps from? Who's going to develop for them?

Doesn't it make sense to get as many developers to start developing for the QNX platform so when the new phones come out you have a base of developers who can pounce onto the phones.
    08-29-11 11:38 AM
    I'm still angry about this...

This is so stupid.
    08-29-11 12:56 PM
    Tic Toc Tic Toc......Its never coming
    08-29-11 03:08 PM
    Probably not, with screenshots of BBM working on the 2.0 version. It was surprising enough when they even admitted to having it submitted.

We will not see this aanytime soon. At least until we get native mail and other features going.
    08-29-11 04:31 PM
    Shape services probably won't even look at a QNX phone for its apps now. They will release and improve for IOS and Android and say F* RIM.

They only way that could change is if QNX phones blow everything else away and RIM starts taking market share back. Then developers might see a worthwhile return at .99, 1.99 etc. etc. I don't see that happening. The Playbook was supposed to be the beat all to end all of tablets, then it was released with very few available apps. This was supposed to be an "enterprise ready" device and there's nothing of value for the enterprise user.

This is barely a media and internet tablet. Cool gestures aren't going to make businesses embrace this. Functionality and productivity are what counts. And that come from applications that work with their current infrastructure.

The "comming soon" mantra really just gives RIMs competition extra time. The "no we won't let you because we want to do it 1st" attitude toward the development community will insure that the PB and probably the QNX "superphones" will be lacking in one primary area. Applications that actually do something besides fart, burp and play media.
    ericlc2 and trsbbs like this.
    08-29-11 05:28 PM
    Whoever is responsible for this hold up, i'd just like to give a nice calm respective 2 birds in the air f*ck you style kind of wave.
    312 likes this.
    08-30-11 12:33 PM
    Still no IM+

The RIMpire doesn't even seem to be able to find its own ***, let alone strike back.
    bbaleno and Mojoski like this.
    09-01-11 05:31 AM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD