An employee from RIM recently tweeted - "Looks like #Playbook is going to be getting a super cool musical app pretty soon #wowzers"

However, it's slightly disappointing to know that TAT had no influence on it.

See the tweet below.
    nievz and Darlaten like this.
    04-13-12 01:24 PM
    Dunno what "TAT" is, but I will note that the tweet said "musical app", not "music app". I don't think this will be a replacement to the music app existing by default on the PB, which I think is what the title of this thread suggests. I reckon it'll just be some random app related to something musical. Like I dunno, a Spotify app or something. (Which would be nice I guess).

EDIT: Looked up TAT, that stuff is pretty sweet. For anyone else like me, here's a YouTube video to watch:
    Last edited by SifJar; 04-13-12 at 01:48 PM.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-13-12 01:37 PM
    I worry when terms like "super cool" are used with no specifics.
    patpatiar and raymond like this.
    04-13-12 01:43 PM
    I feel as though its more along the lines of a music creation app. And by the way, TAT just made cascades, they're not necessarily the only ones to use it at RIM. Keep in mind there's software teams dedicated to each app, i.e. there's a BBM team, Maps team, AppWorld team... they all get to use Cascades to make the next-gen Blackberry 10 applications, but don't necessarily have to work within the TAT (Rim Sweden) division to do so.
    04-13-12 01:48 PM
    I just tweeted him, asking if that means native music app.
    If I get an answer I will edit this post, hopefully it's native music...
    spike12 likes this.
    04-13-12 02:19 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is the Tonium Pacemaker app announced on engadget a while back. If it is i would say the term "super cool" would be appropriate.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    04-13-12 04:00 PM
    All i need is an EQ for the music app! Honestly, it does sound like it's not the Music Player.

Throw in AC3 support while they're at it...
    04-13-12 04:11 PM
    I'm curious about the JayCut acquisition. I have a feeling (and words from a bird) that video editing should be coming. I wouldn't be surprised if this was insinuating a production app.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    04-13-12 04:11 PM
    He could mean "caustic2". I am waiting patiently for it.
    04-13-12 04:12 PM
    Looks like NodeBeat on the PlayBook. Just go back through his tweets up to April 9th and you'll see a link to this youtube video.

joski likes this.
    04-13-12 08:59 PM
    I worry when terms like "super cool" are used with no specifics.
    Sort of like Jim Bs "web thingies"

Sigh...

Tim
    04-13-12 10:44 PM
    An employee from RIM recently tweeted - "Looks like #Playbook is going to be getting a super cool musical app pretty soon #wowzers"

However, it's slightly disappointing to know that TAT had no influence on it.

See the tweet below.
    Must be this fellow:

John F. Fewer
    BlackBerry Server Analyst - Enterprise Premium Support

John F. Fewer - Canada | LinkedIn
    04-13-12 10:46 PM
    Looks like NodeBeat on the PlayBook. Just go back through his tweets up to April 9th and you'll see a link to this youtube video.

that looks like fun for all of 30 seconds, playbook is doomed if this is the kind of apps RIM are wasting their time with, god I'm praying that this next update adds all the features we need.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-14-12 06:03 AM
    Only a few weeks until BB World.
    04-14-12 06:11 AM
    We'll just have to wait and see....It might just be a new music app, the one we have is pretty crap (I hope thats it anyway)

Cheers guys
    04-14-12 06:12 AM
    that looks like fun for all of 30 seconds, playbook is doomed if this is the kind of apps RIM are wasting their time with, god I'm praying that this next update adds all the features we need.

I think some people could have some fun with that app. I know my kids would love it.

I'm sure they have more then a couple of people working on apps. I don't think every developer they have is working on this, so things are ok.

James
    04-14-12 06:25 AM
    We'll just have to wait and see....It might just be a new music app, the one we have is pretty crap (I hope thats it anyway)

Cheers guys

i actually quite like the Music player, its missing a few extras but it works well and is clean and uncluttered.

a few options to be added i think off the top of my head would be gapless playback, a treble and bass or Graphic EQ or both.
    04-14-12 07:45 AM
    Could finally be a good fart app. The selection in Apple World is appalling.
    04-14-12 09:59 AM
    While I'm all for "cool" apps on the pb, I sure hope RIM is also worrying about "productive" things like the browser crashes some are experiencing and the lackluster pdf reader we're stuck with. I have loved my pb since last September, but now even I'm starting to lose my temper with RIM.
    soren203 likes this.
    04-14-12 10:53 AM

I'd settle for one that reaches out and smacks people upside the head when the start talking about all the features they "need"
    04-14-12 11:38 AM
    wow playbooks getting garage band great...
    04-14-12 11:40 AM
    Could finally be a good fart app. The selection in Apple World is appalling.
    One could even say it STINKS,

I slay myself, c'mon throw me a frickin' bone people.......
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    04-14-12 11:44 AM
    what would really be cool is if RIM had active participation on board and get a clue on making products and service a success story instead of a sob story
    04-14-12 11:56 AM
    NodeBeat running on BlackBerry Playbook - YouTube

I think this is what they are talking about
    04-14-12 11:57 AM
    Great. An enhanced media player.

Thank God they aren't finishing bbm or any of the other features we are begging for. We bb owners dodged yet another bullet.
    balding1 likes this.
    04-14-12 01:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD