Also, when I go into the quick menu, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to the game. The controls disappear and when I press the quick menu button to return, I can only swipe down from the top and access the menu, but there is no way to navigate because there are no controls.
    I have encountered the same problem as him.
    06-04-13 04:59 AM
    New issue found....genesis plus core crashes when attempting to run Sega cd iso's, though you can access the bios and it does create the cart.brm and scd_U.brm files.

Edit: having found the genesis plus gx homepage, I learned that you have to rename the bios file to bios_CD_U.bin (or _E.bin or _J.bin depending on what countries BIOS you are trying to use). So it works!

Edit edit: Except, from what I have tested, Lunar Silver star, which goes black after the title and Earthworm Jim Special Editions which crashes the emulator. But so far Lunar Eternal Blue, Shining Force CD, Dark Wizard, and Eye of the Beholder work.
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 06-04-13 at 09:12 AM.
    achiquitachaser likes this.
    06-04-13 05:42 AM
    I have encountered the same problem as him.
    Same here! Also having the controls disappear when I opened the menu and closed it with the down-arrow.
    06-04-13 08:34 AM
    Known issue we'll look into.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:01 AM
    Known issue we'll look into.

Posted via CB10
    About the cfg not saving:
    Mucking around in the .bar after turning it into a zip, I am wondering, could it because you have "config_save_on_exit=false" in retroarch.cfg? I mean, could something else in the code be keeping that from changing each time we set it in the app? And could changing that to true in the .cfg fix the problem?
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 06-04-13 at 04:46 PM.
    06-04-13 04:28 PM
    Just found out that this Emulator supports CaveStory, installed it, and been playing around with it for the past few minutes. So awesome to be able to play this game on the go. I'm worried about how well I'll fair with touch controls as the difficulty ramps up though. Once the saving settings issue is fixed this Emu will be PERFECT
    06-05-13 09:58 PM
    I have some save game files for Pokemon 1st gen and 3rd gen, but I can't load them. Any ideas? Don't want to do the whole "work" again from the beginning
    06-06-13 07:12 AM
    Where do I place the rooms for my playbook?

Please advice

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:58 AM
    Is there any chance of controller support on playbook ?

Regards

Damian
    06-07-13 03:55 PM
    Roms can go anywhere, you search for then in the app.

No controller support as there isn't any. It was introduced in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:36 PM
    Okay: NOOB question. As I am relatively new to the file system of the PB, could someone please point out to me exactly where the bios (and other additional user provided) files should go in this system? A full address, so to speak. Somehow I am unable to find the right place to put them.
    06-09-13 03:21 PM
    you don't need to put a bios in it. all I have been doing is adding the roms to a folder I made, loading the relevant core and then loading the rom.

you can put the roms where you want and just go tjat directory to load them.

it gave me an error once saying no bios detevted then ran anyway.
    06-09-13 03:43 PM
    so for example, if I'm loading a snes game.

load core snes liberto, then go to the game option. nsvigate to the correct directory,mine is shared/accounts/1000/misc/snesroms, select my snes rom and boom, game loads.
    06-09-13 03:46 PM
    Can get two hours of game play before battery goes dead

Kah
    06-09-13 05:29 PM
    Playing a psx game and it has no music... something pops up saying something about no bios... where do I get and load this

Kah
    06-09-13 11:21 PM
    @cw1988 - Thanks for the info
    06-10-13 03:09 AM
    Can get two hours of game play before battery goes dead

Kah
    Yeah I noticed that it drains the battery pretty bad when I use it, too.

Let's just hope this guy doesn't just leave this with such glaring issues like catalystg has with mupen64plus-pb. Like a year later and no progress for PB owners. He was working on this, though, and is apparently banking on BB10 eventually being released for PB, he did release an updated version of mupen for bb10, but I don't know what all was updated because I don't have bb10.
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 06-13-13 at 04:00 PM.
    06-13-13 03:49 PM
    The version on bb10 works amazing. Bt controller support too

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-13-13 04:22 PM
    Yeah I noticed that it drains the battery pretty bad when I use it, too.

Let's just hope this guy doesn't just leave this with such glaring issues like catalystg has with mupen64plus-pb. Like a year later and no progress for PB owners. He was working on this, though, and is apparently banking on BB10 eventually being released for PB, he did release an updated version of mupen for bb10, but I don't know what all was updated because I don't have bb10.
    If there are issues with Mupen, bring it up in the forum for that. No need to bring it here.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:15 PM
    If there are issues with Mupen, bring it up in the forum for that. No need to bring it here.

Posted via CB10
    I did. About a year ago. And you have done nothing. One step at a time you said. Well do those steps take two three years or something?

From the Mupen thread:
    The paths are being passed in at startup in the code so it will overwrite what's in the cfg. You can unzip the BAR and replace the libraries with ones ported to ARM built with the NDK. It will probably require other changes to the libs as well.

The code is fairly old. This was ported from the Touchpad version as of earlier this year. The next steps would be to merge in the latest code. It will be on my list of things to do. One step at a time
    Frankly it is perfectly valid for me to worry about the probability that this will be supported because your name is associated with it, and it is perfectly valid for me to present my evidence that this worry is based upon in the thread about the app that i am concerned with.

I even stated that you were busy with this, I didn't mention the other reasons you gave because I was keeping it short. I understand you work, and you do other stuff, and this is a free service you are providing for the community. But I'm not going to gloss over the fact that the PB support associated with your name is dismal.

I am learning to code so I can understand what's necessary and do what you have suggested about porting libraries to ARM built with he NDK. But I only started recently and it's taking some time. And if this app is not supported beyond this, I will fix it too, once I have the ability. I just hope my PB hasn't died by then.
    06-14-13 11:43 PM
    The good thing about this app is that the PB and BB10, and even all the other platforms, share large amounts of code which makes maintaining for multiple platforms much easier.

All the hard work is done by the RetroArch guys, I'm just helping where I can.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:54 AM
    Compatibility with the Steelseries Free controller would be a nice addition to this on Playboook. It's got a mode where it is seen as a bluetooth keyboard, pressing a button down sends one keystroke, and releasing it sends a different one. I could write up a list of which button sends what if it would help?

BT controller with no need for BB10? Yup.
    ezapper2, bodo108 and QtHelex like this.
    07-07-13 01:45 PM
    Still no disc swap for Playstation games? The missing controller also quite annoying. Hope there will be an update for this frontend. Alot of interesting new application and update goes to BB10 and playbook version being neglected (PCSX, Mupen64). Its sad...
    07-25-13 09:50 PM
    Can convert the newer version 0.9.9.4 to playbook
    i want play desmume.
    08-09-13 07:47 PM
    Will you update this emu now that bb10 will not come to the playbook?
    08-10-13 05:00 PM
119 1234 ...