Today I'll be releasing the Blackberry Playbook version of RetroArch 0.9.9. You will have already seen this multi-system game/emulator app on Android, iOS, PC and the videogame consoles, but today is the first time it comes to Blackberry devices as well.

CatalystG - who I take it is a forum regular here - will be rolling out a Blackberry 10 version of this as well on his own. I only own a Blackberry Playbook so I will let him do that release on his own.

Manual

https://github.com/libretro/libretro...book-0.9.9.pdf

It comes packaged with the following cores -

Cores currently supported:

- PCSX ReARMed
    - Genesis Plus GX
    - SNES9x Next
    - VBA Next
    - NEStopia
    - FCEUmm
    - Mednafen PCE Fast
    - Mednafen NGP
    - Mednafen VB
    - Mednafen Wonderswan
    - Prboom
    - Tyrquake
    - NX Engine (Cave Story)
    - FInal Burn Alpha
    - Gambatte

Download

Blackberry Playbook v0.9.9 (BAR) : http://themaister.net/retroarch-dl/b...ch-1_0_0_1.bar
    Last edited by Libretro; 05-30-13 at 06:42 AM. Reason: link removed (advertising)
    05-29-13 04:18 AM
    Will this be released in BlackBerry World at some stage? If so, that link can be posted here...
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    05-29-13 06:43 AM
    If it is possible I'd be glad to publish it on there.

However, CatalystG told me that Blackberry World has been disapproving of apps that can be used to run emulators (and ROMs) - and out of the 15/16 cores that are in this package, at least a good 12 of them are emulators - so it'd be a hard sell.

That being said, I guess I could create more legitimacy with GL tech demos like this which also run now on RetroArch -

https://libretro.wordpress.com/2013/...l-scenewalker/
    https://libretro.wordpress.com/2013/...l-modelviewer/

It'd be in Blackberry's interest really to be a little more lenient considering only Apple can get away with these hard-boiled stances on 'apps' and their 'glorification of copyright infringement'/whatever. We are on Google Play Store and Google seems pretty approving overall as are other big-name companies.

EDIT: The link was not really 'advertising' but whatever - it is our own forums. It does not even have a single ad.
    Last edited by Libretro; 05-29-13 at 07:44 AM.
    05-29-13 07:19 AM
    Really looking forward to this. I'm hoping the Sega CD support of Genesis Plus GX works well.
    05-29-13 07:41 AM
    Forgive me if I am making a mistake by just sharing the .BAR file generated by QNX Momentics - I don't know if any more signing etc. is required for people to be able to install this on their own devices or whether it's locked to my particular device.

Anyway, here is the .BAR file -

the only current issue right now is that you have to manually set the 'shaders' directory since the default one it's pointing to (app/native/shaders_glsl) doesn't seem to work. To do this, you would have to go to Paths -> Shader Directory from the builtin menu. Browse to /apps/com.RetroArch.****somestring/native/shaders_glsl. Then select '<Use this directory>.
    Last edited by Libretro; 05-30-13 at 09:11 AM.
    05-29-13 09:01 AM
    881 no debug token found, is the error I get when I try to sideload.
    05-29-13 09:22 AM
    OK, can somebody run me through the process to get this BAR converted such that it can work on all Blackberry Playbook devices instead of just the one locked to my own device? I could find no decent information on this at all. A link to a guide or anything could do.
    05-29-13 09:29 AM
    Would this link help? You may need to sign the bar file before you can distribute it for others to install.
    05-29-13 10:08 AM
    Yeah I think so - I'll try getting the package signed by RIM'S Signing Authority then I'll try posting the BAR again.
    05-29-13 02:19 PM
    I'll just ask CatalystG to release for us instead since he has both a Blackberry 10 and Blackberry Playbook at his disposal and I am running into some problems with Blackberry developer accounts. Hopefully he can take some time out to do this for us as it would be a great relief.
    05-29-13 03:20 PM
    OK, exported it to a BAR file from within QNX Momentics and made sure it's digitally signed. Hopefully this will work -

http://themaister.net/retroarch-dl/b...ch-1_0_0_1.bar

If this works, then CatalystG will just have to followup with a Blackberry 10 BAR.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-30-13 05:52 AM
    It installs. I was able to load a rom. Now I have to read the instructions. LOL

Thanks!!!
    05-30-13 06:29 AM
    OK, that's great to hear.
    05-30-13 06:33 AM
    I've also been successful in installing it and running a game or two on my Playbook.

Thanks a lot for your efforts! It's greatly appreciated.
    05-30-13 07:50 AM
    Awesome! Good to see it released. I'll get the BB10 port out ASAP.
    05-30-13 09:55 AM
    This is so awesome thanks!!!!! Away this weekend but will install first thing monday
    05-31-13 04:05 AM
    For those with a BB10 device also, here's the thread for that release: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...system-813245/
    05-31-13 08:33 AM
    For those with a BB10 device also, here's the thread for that release: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...system-813245/
    Are you adding something for BB10? I'm just seeing this thread now, but the playbook version should work on bb10, as this has been the case with all of my bar files
    05-31-13 08:40 AM
    Cascades frontend and controller support mainly. They share a lot of code otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-31-13 09:17 AM
    Cascades frontend and controller support mainly. They share a lot of code otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, that's what I was wondering. Sweet, thanks
    05-31-13 09:23 AM
    This app is beautiful. I had a play around a while back with a couple of other emulators. Trying to get them to display as yours does...not much joy and each one I worked with had to be redone, most were slow and or buggy.

Congrats on this app. I love it!
    06-02-13 06:35 PM
    Nice! So far this emulator system works really well. One issue I'm seeing, however, is that the settings don't save when I exit the app, even when I exit via the menu. Is there any fix for this?
    06-03-13 08:26 PM
    Wonderful!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-04-13 12:43 AM
    Pretty awesome, but having same issue as Kasuke
    06-04-13 12:48 AM
    Also, when I go into the quick menu, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to the game. The controls disappear and when I press the quick menu button to return, I can only swipe down from the top and access the menu, but there is no way to navigate because there are no controls.
    06-04-13 04:08 AM
119 123 ...