We should contact libretro and ask him to update the playbook version or at least fix the bugs.
    03-05-15 06:24 PM
    Guys show your support here:
    http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2226

We need a playbook update.
    03-06-15 09:14 PM
    I've given this a download so i'll be on the lookout for bugs

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:38 AM
    If someone could just fix these simple issues retroarch would be enjoyable and playable for the playbook, right now these issues make retroarch almost unplayable on the playbook:

1.- Configuration not saving on exit: just a matter of changing a value from false to true.

2.- This multitouch input issue makes almost all games unplayable:
    Has anyone had any issues with the multitouch on the touchscreen controller? For shoot-em-ups like 19XX or any kind of action/racing game where you have to move the player around while tapping other buttons, I find that some buttons get 'stuck' and I have to stop touching the the buttons in order to regain control.

For example, I'll be moving my player around with the d-pad and tapping the fire button but then the dpad gets stuck in one direction until I stop firing.

I've seen this with the Playbook version of RetroArch as well and none of the other emulators exhibit this behaviour.

External controllers like the Wiimote don't give me this problem.
    03-19-15 03:41 PM
    Does anyone know how to fix those bugs I mentioned? It seems they should be easy to fix and it would make retroarch playable for the playbook, playbook retroarch is open source, could someone check the code and give advice?
    04-06-15 06:31 PM
    Hi all
    04-09-15 09:49 PM
    Bump

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-09-15 09:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to fix those bugs I mentioned? It seems they should be easy to fix and it would make retroarch playable for the playbook, playbook retroarch is open source, could someone check the code and give advice?
    Yes, I can, and we need similar changes for the phone version . However the main developer behind Libretro / retroarch was very clear that he wants to be the one working on it. Best to wait for him...

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Last edited by KermEd; 04-09-15 at 11:06 PM.
    04-09-15 10:44 PM
    Yes, I can, and we need similar changes for the phone version . However the main developer behind Libretro / retroarch was very clear that he wants to be the one working on it. Best to wait for him...

I remember he said that about the bb10 version only...
    04-09-15 11:22 PM
    Also it has been two years since the only version of retroarch for the playbook was released........
    04-12-15 09:51 PM
    Also it has been two years since the only version of retroarch for the playbook was released........
    I know

04-13-15 10:39 PM
    I know

So could you fix those two bugs while we wait for the �official� update? That would make retroarch playable for the playbook finally and I dont think Libretro would mind the fixing of those two very annoying bugs.
    04-13-15 11:39 PM
    So could you fix those two bugs while we wait for the �official� update? That would make retroarch playable for the playbook finally and I dont think Libretro would mind the fixing of those two very annoying bugs.
    I would love to, the two challenges are ... my PlayBook I'm pretty sure is dead. And the last time I touched his code directly or indirectly, he was at me all over social media and websites for days - hundreds of messages on many websites. I need to avoid that, the only thing that makes me any app sales is the few people following me online .

Is there a specific emulator you like to use? Maybe it makes sense for us to build out a specific package and bypass his front end.

When I last saw and used PlayBook builds, it was working pretty much without issue - at least for touch. What's happening on multitouch?

Also there was a dev who recently built an update for BB10. He might be able to help too

EchoesFX likes this.
    04-14-15 10:09 AM
    I would love to, the two challenges are ... my PlayBook I'm pretty sure is dead. And the last time I touched his code directly or indirectly, he was at me all over social media and websites for days - hundreds of messages on many websites. I need to avoid that, the only thing that makes me any app sales is the few people following me online .

Is there a specific emulator you like to use? Maybe it makes sense for us to build out a specific package and bypass his front end.

When I last saw and used PlayBook builds, it was working pretty much without issue - at least for touch. What's happening on multitouch?

Also there was a dev who recently built an update for BB10. He might be able to help too

The reason he was all over you is because you tried to monetize from an open source supposed to be free project probably by selling it or adding a bunch of ads and not contributing to the source code in a significant way. But if you want to make money you could always port a nds emulator (retroarch has a nds core) for the playbook and bb10 because there is no native emulators of the nintendo ds at all for these platform.

Retroarch for the playbook is not enjoyable because of the config not saving on exit and this multitouch issue:
    "Has anyone had any issues with the multitouch on the touchscreen controller? For shoot-em-ups like 19XX or any kind of action/racing game where you have to move the player around while tapping other buttons, I find that some buttons get 'stuck' and I have to stop touching the the buttons in order to regain control.

For example, I'll be moving my player around with the d-pad and tapping the fire button but then the dpad gets stuck in one direction until I stop firing. "

Seriously just try any platformers like Megaman and you will find the issue right away. Also you could always offer each individual cores as an individual app like some android devs are doing with retroarch to make a quick buck.....
    04-14-15 10:26 AM

So in what thread can we find this dev?
    04-14-15 10:37 AM
    So maybe next week we will get something:
    http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2226

Show your support in that thread guys.
    04-16-15 12:36 PM
    The reason he was all over you is because you tried to monetize from...
    I didn't try to profit from anything. I did say I support the idea of someone putting in ads (opinion) and it's allowed per the retroarch license. The polar freakout that ensued against me on social media afterwards has forever left me hostile to retroarch.

Retroarch for the playbook is not enjoyable because of the config not saving on exit and this multitouch issue
    That's unfortunate. A BlackBerry dev resolved similar multitouch issues (although not contributing in any significant way as you said) with the sdl touch library - its likely it would resolve the same issue.

Also you could always offer each individual cores as an individual app like some android devs are doing with retroarch to make a quick buck.....
    I appreciate the idea but to be honest I have no interest in that. If you want a (free) decent multitouch emu from me: link but the opportunity for me to ever help with retroarch died the day they asked us to leave it with them - all the bbry releases since are theirs. The social media fenzy I would risk by even touching their repo is absolutely not worth it to me.

With the intent of trying to be helpful, the one developer I've seen willing to is available here: link . Please note: His has the config file issue and the retroarch fixes we applied ages ago should fix it. Maybe you shouldn't tell him how little he's contributed while asking him to port it to the PlayBook though. Alternatively, seeing as how all of this has circled around you for a few years, maybe you really should just do it on your own. You've said before how little effort it is and it would be a good learning opportunity for you!

Last edited by KermEd; 04-18-15 at 12:16 PM.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    04-17-15 02:31 AM
    Hi, does anyone still has the bar file please? The link is dead and I got Playbook for 20 bucks recently, so I am trying what could be done with it.
    12-02-18 04:28 AM
    I'm also interested in the latest Playbook bar if anyone has it. All the download links are dead
    09-25-19 03:26 AM
119 ... 345