There are several posts in the forum concerning side loading the MLB at Bat app, and some even link to the .bar file listed on goodereader's site. However, I have loaded that one (and tried others), but they are all from early in the season when even the Android app had very few tablets that could play both the audio and video. This was the case with the Blackberry .bar file. It only allows one to listen to the radio broadcasts, even of they are premium subscribers to MLB.tv.

Recently, MLB updated its At Bat app, which allowed more tablets to view games, as well. I was wondering if someone could convert the .apk to .bar of this updated app �

Amazon.com: MLB.com At Bat Lite: Appstore for Android

Thank you kindly.
    06-03-12 06:10 PM
    There are several posts in the forum concerning side loading the MLB at Bat app, and some even link to the .bar file listed on goodereader's site. However, I have loaded that one (and tried others), but they are all from early in the season when even the Android app had very few tablets that could play both the audio and video. This was the case with the Blackberry .bar file. It only allows one to listen to the radio broadcasts, even of they are premium subscribers to MLB.tv.

Recently, MLB updated its At Bat app, which allowed more tablets to view games, as well. I was wondering if someone could convert the .apk to .bar of this updated app �

Amazon.com: MLB.com At Bat Lite: Appstore for Android

Thank you kindly.
    Here is Google Play link
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=FfeBv3M-.
    06-04-12 07:04 AM
    I wouldn't mind this myself...
    06-05-12 10:52 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the package name of an Android app? Evidently the name is too long to convert
    06-06-12 10:16 PM
    i wouldnt mind this either
    06-07-12 12:46 AM
    Does anyone know how to change the package name of an Android app? Evidently the name is too long to convert
    Is there a way to find out who converted the other two versions of the app? I assume they had to deal with changing the name as well.
    06-07-12 05:17 AM
    Is there a way to find out who converted the other two versions of the app? I assume they had to deal with changing the name as well.
    When I converted the previous two versions I didn't run into this problem.
    06-07-12 09:10 AM
    When I converted the previous two versions I didn't run into this problem.
    That's disappointing. I use the Playbook to stream WatchESPN and WillowTV. I was really hoping to use it for MLB.TV and FoxSoccer2Go, as well.
    06-08-12 07:06 AM
    Well, I have good news and some not-so-good news. First, the good:

-It turns out the version we were trying to convert previously was the full version (which really isn't necessary for the Android app, as streaming is enabled in the lite version as well). I was able to get my hands on a lite .apk and was able to convert it just fine.

-Video streaming appears to have finally been ENABLED for all Android devices in the 1.2 update (see attachment).

And... the not-so-good news:

-I have yet to be able to get the app to find my location in order to stream any games (see second attachment) but it's entirely possible that it's an issue with my router. See if you can give it a shot!

http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/7752/co..._v1.0.18.0.bar
    06-10-12 01:10 PM
    Well, I have good news and some not-so-good news. First, the good:

-It turns out the version we were trying to convert previously was the full version (which really isn't necessary for the Android app, as streaming is enabled in the lite version as well). I was able to get my hands on a lite .apk and was able to convert it just fine.

-Video streaming appears to have finally been ENABLED for all Android devices in the 1.2 update (see attachment).

And... the not-so-good news:

-I have yet to be able to get the app to find my location in order to stream any games (see second attachment) but it's entirely possible that it's an issue with my router. See if you can give it a shot!

http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/7752/co..._v1.0.18.0.bar
    Unable to install, error -104

UPDATE: removed all previous version, and now even though I got the same error I got it installed. Getting same "Getting current location..."
    Last edited by caquito07; 06-10-12 at 09:00 PM.
    06-10-12 08:58 PM
    What I don't understand is it's doing the same thing for archived games
    06-11-12 11:33 AM
    It appears that the PlayBook android player is blocking the location, after a couple of minutes on the Getting current location I got a error message to allow location check, picture attached.
    06-11-12 04:20 PM
    It appears that the PlayBook android player is blocking the location, after a couple of minutes on the Getting current location I got a error message to allow location check, picture attached.
    I got that as well
    06-11-12 07:27 PM
    MLB At Bat support forum topic
    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...lp01&tid=15690

Admin is asking my tablet info and version of Android, what Android version does the Playbook runs?
    06-12-12 11:28 AM
    Using Ghost Commander I've been able to verify that the location is enabled. Picture attached.
    06-12-12 12:44 PM
    MLB At Bat support forum topic
    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...lp01&tid=15690

Admin is asking my tablet info and version of Android, what Android version does the Playbook runs?
    If you tell them that you are using a Blackberry Playbook, the MLB forum moderators will simply tell you it's not supported.

What's funny is that list of Android tablets is not correct. I have a HTC flyer (which is not listed on the site as being supported), and I can watch games on that device. However, the picture quality is quite poor and jittery.
    06-12-12 03:14 PM
    I had to clean install the new operating system 2.1.0.560. However, I cannot make the bar files downloaded and installed as I dd in the previous versions of OS to work. I click on the icon and nothing happens. Can anybody help?
    06-12-12 03:40 PM
    So, is this a dead issue until someone can figure out the renaming problem? Or has that been solved and it's simply an issue of location with the playbook?

In addition, could someone with more expertise explain the issue since obviously the app has been converted before?

Even if it does not work, I wanted to thank all those who have put forth the effort.

Cheers.
    06-15-12 03:58 PM
    So, is this a dead issue until someone can figure out the renaming problem? Or has that been solved and it's simply an issue of location with the playbook?

In addition, could someone with more expertise explain the issue since obviously the app has been converted before?

Even if it does not work, I wanted to thank all those who have put forth the effort.

Cheers.
    The renaming issue was the result of trying to convert the full version of the app, which for whatever reason had a package name that RIM's apk2bar application didn't like; At-Bat Lite converted just fine. The remaining issue we're having now is that MLB can't determine our location to stream games (live or archived). Unless anyone has any ideas there's not much we can do about that at the moment. SimpleBrowser w/ the FireFox UA will have to be the workaround for the time being.
    06-19-12 01:46 PM
    The renaming issue was the result of trying to convert the full version of the app, which for whatever reason had a package name that RIM's apk2bar application didn't like; At-Bat Lite converted just fine. The remaining issue we're having now is that MLB can't determine our location to stream games (live or archived). Unless anyone has any ideas there's not much we can do about that at the moment. SimpleBrowser w/ the FireFox UA will have to be the workaround for the time being.
    How does the SimpleBrowser workaround compare to copying the game's URL and pasting it into the regular browser window? I have had good results with that as long as I do not touch the playbook while the game is running or have multiple apps running. If I do one of those things, the audio gets out of sync with the video.
    06-22-12 05:37 AM
    How does the SimpleBrowser workaround compare to copying the game's URL and pasting it into the regular browser window? I have had good results with that as long as I do not touch the playbook while the game is running or have multiple apps running. If I do one of those things, the audio gets out of sync with the video.
    Never tried that
    06-24-12 10:01 PM
    hello,

no geolocation problem with at bat 1.2.1

but no video cos no flash player !
    it must use android flash player, i ve it on my PB but PB is unable to run 2 android apps at the same time
    perhaps with QNX 2.1
    06-30-12 08:20 AM
    hello,

no geolocation problem with at bat 1.2.1

but no video cos no flash player !
    it must use android flash player, i ve it on my PB but PB is unable to run 2 android apps at the same time
    perhaps with QNX 2.1
    Installed on my PB OS 2.1.0.560 and got the same results you got. Geo location is now working, now is the Flash Player.
    Last edited by caquito07; 06-30-12 at 09:16 AM.
    06-30-12 09:12 AM
    hello, here is mlb at bat 12 version 1.3.0
    video doesn't play cos flash
    i've OS 2.0.668
    perhaps can we do it with 2.1 beta ? it seems it will run 2 android apps in the same time, which is impossible with OS 2.0
    so you will find android flash player too
    try to install both and see what happen for video
    feedback appreciated
    08-09-12 04:31 AM
    Is there a way to get At Bat 12 for the Playoffs? I have the side loaded At Bat 12 Lite sideloaded on the Playbook and would like to upgrade to the full version. I have an account with MLB.com, but can't seem to give away any money ($3.90 for the playoffs) as I don't have an Android device to install from Amazon, or from the Google Play Store.

Is there away to get this upgrade from either of the app stores and then sideload it on the Playbook?
    10-06-12 03:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD