i'm not particularly familiar with any programming, but i've been looking into finding a simple MeBoy type application for playbooks, no luck..

this is what i know(think) so far:
    - MeBoy compiles ROMs into .jar files
    - .jar files are compatible with blackberry phones, not playbooks, since java was scrapped for the playbook
    - i've done a few conversions trying to make an installable .bar, from .rom to .jar/.jad to .apk to .bar, sideloaded with ddpb.. this doesn't work lol, im not surpised since it went through a silly amount of conversions and the languages are quite different as i understand
    - i have several filetypes of pokemon yellow, none of which work on the playbook..

so yeah now that ive explained my failures, maybe someone with experience could easily add touchscreen controls to a simple rom and compile it into a bar

id love to help in some way if possible... i couldnt imagine how i could, but...!

post what your thoughts are on the subject!
    11-26-11 09:43 PM
    i would pay good monay for this. i tried installing the android apps for the gb and tried the java gb emulators. no luck.

its gonna have to be a native app maybe air or something.
    11-26-11 11:14 PM
    Has anyone had the chance to try Mojo GBA Lite provided on Android Market?

Heres a link for the Lite Free Version .APK com.momojo.gba.lite_14.apk

If anyone could test that it'd be awesome :P
    11-26-11 11:20 PM
    I wouldn't mind trying to make some old Nintendo apps, except I can't afford a copyright suit from Nintendo
    That and the fact that most Playbook apps only seem to sell about 10 copies...
    11-27-11 01:17 AM
    oorrrrr official os 2.0 android app player using android emulation for gbcoid and the others. touchscreen interface what are the chances
    11-27-11 02:09 AM
    oorrrrr official os 2.0 android app player using android emulation for gbcoid and the others. touchscreen interface what are the chances
    i tried a couple android emulators converted to .bar and they didnt work ill try the one posted a few posts above me and see if its any different!
    11-27-11 10:30 AM
    Eventually I might get around to trying to port or write a simple GBA emulator without all the multiplayer gamelink and jazz. Maybe... hopefully relatively kinda soon. Or never. Haha out of curiosity how many people would pay for a GBA emulator assuming you could get it approved for app world?

EDIT: Just to be clear if I were to sell one I would write my own and not port one. That would be stealing.
    11-27-11 02:42 PM
    i doubt it would get approved, though if it did i would definitely pay for it.. im not sure if it's against the rules of this forum, but i'd even pay for it as a sideloadable .bar right from whomever writes it..

i just want to play pokemon
    11-27-11 04:28 PM
    At this point there has been only one successful emulation port and that's for Gameboy Color.

RIM is very unlikely to support this initiative let alone allow it to be propogated via its app-world, with good reason.

But I'm confident there will be emulators compiled soon enough and distributed via back-channel means.

All have to do is wait and be in the know for when they are released. And maybe donate to provide added incentive/appreciation.
    11-27-11 07:30 PM
    At this point there has been only one successful emulation port and that's for Gameboy Color.

RIM is very unlikely to support this initiative let alone allow it to be propogated via its app-world, with good reason.

But I'm confident there will be emulators compiled soon enough and distributed via back-channel means.

All have to do is wait and be in the know for when they are released. And maybe donate to provide added incentive/appreciation.
    i assume that gameboy colour port you're referring to is Nagisa's unreleased version of Gambatte?

and yeah i agree, RIM will certainly not allow it into the AW, but i think it would still be profitable through "back-channel" means... as long as those means could be set up

finally, i fully intend to donate a reasonable amount to people who get emulators working (well) and i use often, just as i would for any other app!
    11-27-11 09:34 PM
    id pay 20 bucks for a gba on my pb
    12-10-11 01:55 AM
    Hey everyone go on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoDoIbItg5a-dFNfdnZxMXd6NVNTUlJVQkoybERMVGc&type=view&gid=0&f= true&colid0=0&filterstr0=Angry%20Birds%20Rio&sortc olid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

if you look at the list, there's something called snes9x
    It's an emulator they give you an installed game called tictactoe

If u connect your playbook to computer and open blackberry desctop software, go to files, go to misc (android) and if u already in stalled this, you'll see it there

open it and go to rom

now download any snes roms on your computer and move it there

open application and play

P.s. if it still opens tictactoe, then press the arrow pointing right at the bottom of screen and you'll be on the game

Best part, NO SURVEYS Complete FREE

btw, it will take u to ad.fly, just click skip ad on top right and it will take you to download site
    03-22-12 05:54 PM
    Why not check out the VBAMpb thread in this forum? At the moment I haven't gotten it to work for original game boy games, but FireRed works perfectly. Just check out the "emulators and emulator news" sticky.
    03-22-12 07:44 PM
    Hey everyone go on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoDoIbItg5a-dFNfdnZxMXd6NVNTUlJVQkoybERMVGc&type=view&gid=0&f= true&colid0=0&filterstr0=Angry%20Birds%20Rio&sortc olid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

if you look at the list, there's something called snes9x
    It's an emulator they give you an installed game called tictactoe

If u connect your playbook to computer and open blackberry desctop software, go to files, go to misc (android) and if u already in stalled this, you'll see it there

open it and go to rom

now download any snes roms on your computer and move it there

open application and play

P.s. if it still opens tictactoe, then press the arrow pointing right at the bottom of screen and you'll be on the game

Best part, NO SURVEYS Complete FREE

btw, it will take u to ad.fly, just click skip ad on top right and it will take you to download site
    LOL it kinda looks like those spam/scam emails xD
    03-22-12 07:49 PM
    Ive got Froggyface's VBampb GBA emulator. havent tried running Yellow but Leaf Green Runs perfectly fine, My Blastoise is level 42 without a single glitch in testament to this.

GBA Emulators run GBC games too dont they? If not then Leaf Green and Fire red are the upgraded versions of red and blue. non of those stupid new pokemon, just the exact classic game with better graphics.
    03-22-12 08:53 PM
    should add... anyone looking to play things like this on their playbook need go no further than here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-705309/

Mega drive/Genesis, Snes, NES, GBA, Spectrum, Amiga, its all there and ready to use.
    03-22-12 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD