I would like to remove my Facebook account from the messages app on OS 2.0. When I use fb chat on phone, compute and pb, it saves the chat history as unread messages in the app. It's annoying and long to remove. Is there any way to personalize for what to use Facebook? For example only use the fb contacts, and birthday dates for calendar but not the messages especially the ones from chat.
    02-29-12 02:30 PM
    Am I the only one with this problem?
    02-29-12 03:14 PM
    Well, I don't know if you're the only one, I can say I don't have this problem as I don't use FB chat.
    Last edited by saudadeii; 02-29-12 at 03:31 PM.
    02-29-12 03:29 PM
    :::

Can you log out & don't use the Build in Facebook part of Message,
    Then Download & use the Facebook Apps instead...?

:::
    02-29-12 04:30 PM
    I don't know as I don't use facebook at all but sounds like there should be some options for what content you want to see?
    02-29-12 04:33 PM
    I don't know as I don't use facebook at all but sounds like there should be some options for what content you want to see?
    There's none...
    02-29-12 04:41 PM
    I have the same problem. I just turn the message options to threaded and when you tap on the thread, it marks them all as red. Its annoying still though because sometimes i'll have 1000+ messages but only 200 emails and the rest are fb messages -___-
    02-29-12 04:43 PM
    So looks like we have to wait for 3.0
    02-29-12 09:17 PM
    Same problem. I just stopped fb chatting.
    02-29-12 09:20 PM
    It is easy to remove FB from your accounts. Go to main PB settings and select Accounts then select the pencil in upper right, then select the trashcan beside FB and confirm delete and it is done.
    02-29-12 09:43 PM
    It is easy to remove FB from your accounts. Go to main PB settings and select Accounts then select the pencil in upper right, then select the trashcan beside FB and confirm delete and it is done.
    But I still need my FB info in my contacts app.
    03-01-12 11:34 AM
    OP was asking for a way to selectively limit what FB integration does without removing it entirely and losing all functionality. Specifically, s/he wants it to not integrate chat messages into the Messages app.
    zzzdamian likes this.
    03-01-12 12:12 PM
    I would like to remove my Facebook account from the messages app on OS 2.0. When I use fb chat on phone, compute and pb, it saves the chat history as unread messages in the app. It's annoying and long to remove. Is there any way to personalize for what to use Facebook? For example only use the fb contacts, and birthday dates for calendar but not the messages especially the ones from chat.
    If you swipe down from the top, goto Options, Display and Actions -> use the dropdown menu and select Conversations instead of single messages.

That should fix your problem.
    Shippy59 likes this.
    03-16-12 02:53 PM
    If you swipe down from the top, goto Options, Display and Actions -> use the dropdown menu and select Conversations instead of single messages.

That should fix your problem.
    This might help but won't fix his main issue - he want to use his facebook account for contacts only.

What he wants is stop receiving "messages" in the native messages app whenever someone posts on his wall or chats whit him.

I agree there should be some options in the facebook account settings to specify what to "sync"... posts... chats... contacts...

Hopefully this is enhanced soon, I agree it's annoying.
    03-16-12 03:05 PM
    This might help but won't fix his main issue - he want to use his facebook account for contacts only.

What he wants is stop receiving "messages" in the native messages app whenever someone posts on his wall or chats whit him.

I agree there should be some options in the facebook account settings to specify what to "sync"... posts... chats... contacts...

Hopefully this is enhanced soon, I agree it's annoying.
    Yes, I agree, you should have some kinda option like on the Blackberry Facebook, you can choose what integrates with what.

At least this will stop him from having a bazillion Facebook messages from one single person, It basically cut 90% of my messages from Facebook and combined them into one individual conversation for each person.
    03-16-12 03:51 PM
    Guys, you simply have to drag down the "Accounts" Menu (from the Main Menu Page) and then click the small pencil toward the top right. Then simply click the bin next to the accounts you want to disconnect from it.
    09-25-12 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD