Will someone please answer me, what do i put for the server and the domain?
    Thanks.
    Server will = the netbios name (Server05), fully qualified domain (Server05.banditland.com) or IP address of the server (192.168.1.2 or whatever your external ip address of the router). These are just examples. Domain is generally something you would find in a corporate environment and not at home so you can leave it blank. Please make sure al accounts

Connecting on your internal network should require nothing more than the server name or ip. If you are trying to get to this server remotely from another location like Starbucks, then you'll need to know your external ip which you can get from whatismyipaddress.com before you leave. You'll need to know how to configure your router to forward RDC from the outside world to your inside world.

I highly recommend changing the default port from 3389 to something else or at least mapping a different external port to the inside port of 3389. Most consumer router/firewall devices can do this.

These are the basics which 99% of the remote apps require you to do whether it be RDC or VNC. Generally only the ports change.
    01-25-12 08:26 AM
    Anyone have this working on OS2 Beta? It does not work for me. I use remote desktop all the time from home to work so it is all set up correctly and works perfectly from my desktop pc. It simply will not work from my playbook with all the same settings.
    01-25-12 09:58 AM
    So let me get this straight, You hook up a bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard to yuor playbook and you can use them?

I also use splashtop. However becuase of the funky 1024x600 resolution, it doesnt fit right on the playbook. I have to use 800x600 for it to work ok.
    01-25-12 11:19 AM
    Please let me ask a stupid question: You do have to leave your home computer/laptop on (not asleep) when you're using either Splashtop or Remote Desktop, right? Assuming that's true, does anyone leave their machine on if they're away for a week, etc.?
    01-25-12 12:24 PM
    the app dev released an update fixing some minor things
    01-25-12 12:26 PM
    Please let me ask a stupid question: You do have to leave your home computer/laptop on (not asleep) when you're using either Splashtop or Remote Desktop, right? Assuming that's true, does anyone leave their machine on if they're away for a week, etc.?
    That is true.
    The beauty of WoL (wake on lan... or wake on WAN in this situation) comes in handy in this situation
    I always leave my PC in sleep mode... I hardly ever do a 'hard' shut down.
    01-25-12 02:17 PM
    Mikhou also needs a history lesson.

The RDP protocol, like most things Microsoft, was not invented by them....

P.D.
    You should learn to read: "...developed by MICROSOFT..."
    01-25-12 03:39 PM
    Name: The name of my computer when first setup win 7

Server: The IP address I got from "whatsismyip" 216.114.42.??

Username: I did not set one up on my computer when I setup win7 but it still asks for one when I try connecting RDP so I put something there.

Password: Same as username

Domain: Left it blank and also tried to put what it has on my wireless connection under "Domain" "skybeam.com"

Port: 3389 Also went into config in my linksys "single forward port" as follows
    Name:RDP / External Port 3389/ Internal Port 3389 /Protocol TCP & UDP/ IP Address 192.168.1.???/ Enabled Checked.

Console: Checked

I still get after it processes about 10sec. Can't connect to server

I have Ping from my playbook to my laptop and I have ping my playbook from my laptop passed 4 of 4.

Don't know whatelse to do.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bandit3502; 01-25-12 at 05:27 PM.
    01-25-12 05:24 PM
    This is going to be downloaded by me soon!
    01-25-12 06:26 PM
    This is what really chaps me about this app? Just like the playbook release with a incomplete OS, this app is also incomplete. I was so excited to download this app, it was looking for. From what I have now been reading and experiencing as a novice user I either have to find a patch or wait for a fix to run this app with my existing software on my PC and my playbook for it to work or spend more cash to upgrade my OS.
    01-25-12 07:51 PM
    I just was reading the help section in RDP. I just realized win 7 will NOT work out of the box. Does anyone know what I need to do.
    Thanks
    01-25-12 07:59 PM
    Anyone have this working on OS2 Beta? It does not work for me. I use remote desktop all the time from home to work so it is all set up correctly and works perfectly from my desktop pc. It simply will not work from my playbook with all the same settings.
    Yes, working here.
    01-25-12 08:01 PM
    OK whatever you did with update 1.0.5 everything is working perfectly now. Woot-Woot!
    Love it! It is just working great.
    Never mind the predictive text.
    01-25-12 08:05 PM
    I just was reading the help section in RDP. I just realized win 7 will NOT work out of the box. Does anyone know what I need to do.
    Thanks
    Just turn the feature on, google "how to enable rdp in windows 7"
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-25-12 08:06 PM
    This is what really chaps me about this app? Just like the playbook release with a incomplete OS, this app is also incomplete. I was so excited to download this app, it was looking for. From what I have now been reading and experiencing as a novice user I either have to find a patch or wait for a fix to run this app with my existing software on my PC and my playbook for it to work or spend more cash to upgrade my OS.
    If Microsoft scales down its versions of Windows that has nothing to do with RIM and this Remote Desktop program. Buck up and upgrade your version of Windows. Remote desktop is a standard OS component many people look for when they buy their version of Windows it has absolutely nothing to do with this guys very nice release of Remote Desktop.
    ShotHimABox likes this.
    01-25-12 08:30 PM
    Can this thing run VLC and play .mkv files? Can it also run Winamp and play a bunch of mp3s?
    01-25-12 09:37 PM
    Dude, my main computer has been on for years. My desktop before that was on for several years too.

RD app works fine for me on my W7 machine, but I autohide my task bar and having trouble getting it to appear, anyone else have this issue?
    01-25-12 10:18 PM
    If Microsoft scales down its versions of Windows that has nothing to do with RIM and this Remote Desktop program. Buck up and upgrade your version of Windows. Remote desktop is a standard OS component many people look for when they buy their version of Windows it has absolutely nothing to do with this guys very nice release of Remote Desktop.
    Thanks for the replay, just venting.
    01-26-12 04:18 AM
    My desktop is 7/24 up and running. Adjust screen and drives power savings to lower your bill and "save" the planet (a bit) and your pixels. I believe everyday boot is more aggressive than 24/7 running for your device.
    (my 2 cents)

+1 for this app, it's great, as-is.
    Can be improved :
    - buttons on the top right are difficult to tap
    - Additional keyboard features welcome (but: windows users, do you know there's a WINDOWS virtual keyboard you can call within your RDP session ?)
    - RDP over bridge, and I'm the king.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-26-12 at 05:50 AM.
    01-26-12 05:48 AM
    Can this thing run VLC and play .mkv files? Can it also run Winamp and play a bunch of mp3s?
    RDP can deport your PC's sound and display.
    The limit is more what bandwidth you have ... both on the PB and PC sides.
    01-26-12 05:52 AM
    My desktop is 7/24 up and running. Adjust screen and drives power savings to lower your bill and "save" the planet (a bit) and your pixels. I believe everyday boot is more aggressive than 24/7 running for your device.
    (my 2 cents)

+1 for this app, it's great, as-is.
    Can be improved :
    - buttons on the top right are difficult to tap
    - Additional keyboard features welcome (but: windows users, do you know there's a WINDOWS virtual keyboard you can call within your RDP session ?)
    - RDP over bridge, and I'm the king.

Hello,

I send an email to support and ......

QUESTION:
    Hello,

I bought your app and it works very fine, except the upper left menu buttons that are very hard to hit.
    For me, the app doesn�t work over blackberry bridge, it says �could not connect to server�. Should the app work over bridge?
    In the future the app will bring the sound?

Thanks for developing for blackberry playbook!!!

ANSWER:
    Rafael,

We released an update this morning that has bigger icons that should be easier to hit. Please try the update and let me know if this is better for you.

Unfortunately, at the moment it does not work over BlackBerry Bridge, but it should work tethered. We are working on getting that included. Hopefully in a future update.

Thank-you,

Todd

Now the buttons work very well and I'll wait for the bridge capability
    01-26-12 06:17 AM
    Hello,

I send an email to support and ......

QUESTION:
    Hello,

I bought your app and it works very fine, except the upper left menu buttons that are very hard to hit.
    For me, the app doesn�t work over blackberry bridge, it says �could not connect to server�. Should the app work over bridge?
    In the future the app will bring the sound?

Thanks for developing for blackberry playbook!!!

ANSWER:
    Rafael,

We released an update this morning that has bigger icons that should be easier to hit. Please try the update and let me know if this is better for you.

Unfortunately, at the moment it does not work over BlackBerry Bridge, but it should work tethered. We are working on getting that included. Hopefully in a future update.

Thank-you,

Todd

Now the buttons work very well and I'll wait for the bridge capability

Best news for an app is this. I am guessing the developer will need to include an option for enterprise licensing as well going forward.
    01-26-12 06:46 AM
    Great to hear they addressed the small icons issue! Can't wait to update.
    01-26-12 08:25 AM
    No one auto hides their taskbar?
    01-26-12 10:53 PM
    No one auto hides their taskbar?
    Hello,

Yes, I do, but when you are in this RDP the taskbar doesn't come up when you touch the screen, so you have to change the properties of the taskbar until an update of the app resolve this problem.
    01-27-12 05:29 AM
124 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD