WOOOHoooOOO!

Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook Released

Attachment 101266

My Blog post about it here ; Remote Destop for BlackBerry PlayBook Released - PlayBook, BlackBerry, Tech | Begnor.com

And get it at The AppWorld here; https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78917

Thanks to the Developer!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Marcel38; 01-24-12 at 04:26 AM.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-24-12 04:08 AM
    I've been using Splashtop which works really well. Is there an advantage one over the other? I'd love to try RD, but I don't want to waste money without a clear advantage.

BTW: Have you tried Splashtop? I haven't found a single issue with it.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-24-12 05:05 AM
    I also dnloaded Splashtop when it came out. Slightly annoyed that the author of the new RDP app misspelled "desktop" in the appworld description - makes me rethink the purchase if you can't even get the name of the app correct. I think I'll wait for some reviews before I jump in.
    01-24-12 06:25 AM
    All I can say is FINALLY!!!!
    micodez likes this.
    01-24-12 06:35 AM
    One big question. Does it work over bridge?
    01-24-12 06:36 AM
    I've been using Splashtop which works really well. Is there an advantage one over the other? I'd love to try RD, but I don't want to waste money without a clear advantage.

BTW: Have you tried Splashtop? I haven't found a single issue with it.
    correct me if i am wrong. i think splashtop need you to install something on the computer you want to remote to. with true rdp application you dont need to install anything on the remote windows computer, its part of the windows os.

i wanted a good remote desktop before. but now my company has deployed citrix environment i really dont need rdp app any more.
    01-24-12 06:37 AM
    One big question. Does it work over bridge?
    What do you mean? What does this app have to do with bridge?

Edit: Oh you mean use the internet connection?
    01-24-12 06:38 AM
    What do you mean? What does this app have to do with bridge?

Edit: Oh you mean use the internet connection?

Yes in two ways. Can it use bridge to connect to the backend network through BES (so I can RDP to servers inside the firewall) and/or can it use bridge to get general access when WIFI is not available.
    01-24-12 06:40 AM
    Yes in two ways. Can it use bridge to connect to the backend network through BES (so I can RDP to servers inside the firewall) and/or can it use bridge to get general access when WIFI is not available.
    I just bought it so i'll let you know
    01-24-12 06:41 AM
    I just bought it so i'll let you know

Excellent. Thank you very much! If it does I will definitely be buying it and shooting a note to RIM so they can promote it as well!
    01-24-12 06:43 AM
    Cannot get Splashtop to work, just on the LAN. Maybe this one is better.
    01-24-12 06:44 AM
    Works great inside my lan, and if i had vpn configured i'm sure it would work great too.

Does not work via bridge connection through the blackberry's bridge

App allows me to use my bluetooth mouse which is great and i'm sure my bluetooth keyboard would work as well. This is a great step in the right direction
    01-24-12 06:52 AM
    Works great inside my lan, and if i had vpn configured i'm sure it would work great too.

Does not work via bridge connection through the blackberry's bridge

App allows me to use my bluetooth mouse which is great and i'm sure my bluetooth keyboard would work as well. This is a great step in the right direction

Slightly disappointing as I cannot set up VPN here and no corporate WIFI. I hope these features will be allowed in time.
    01-24-12 06:58 AM
    Slightly disappointing as I cannot set up VPN here and no corporate WIFI. I hope these features will be allowed in time.
    No corporate wifi? dang that sucks. I hope these features get added also
    01-24-12 06:59 AM
    correct me if i am wrong. i think splashtop need you to install something on the computer you want to remote to. with true rdp application you dont need to install anything on the remote windows computer, its part of the windows os.
    From the description, it looks like some systems are already compatible. Having Windows 7 home version, I assume I'll need to install something.
    GEMSONDAY likes this.
    01-24-12 07:08 AM
    No corporate wifi? dang that sucks. I hope these features get added also
    Some 3 Letter organizations do not believe in the security of WiFi
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 01-24-12 at 07:20 AM.
    TBone4eva likes this.
    01-24-12 07:13 AM
    Cannot get Splashtop to work, just on the LAN. Maybe this one is better.
    I don't know about a lan but splashtop works fine when I turn on wifi hotspot or tether instead of using bridge.
    01-24-12 07:21 AM
    As I mentioned in the similar thread under the general subforum, this is an app that should be subsidized by RIM. The idea of paying for an RDP client, when every major competing platform has at least one free option, is difficult to swallow. Sort of like paying for an SMB/CIFS client (Oops! PB doesn't have one of those, either).

So while I applaud the developer, it's really something that should be either built-in or at least freely downloadable. A good analogy might be buying a new car only to have to pay an aftermarket parts supplier for the handcranks to open the damned windows!

RCK
    01-24-12 07:34 AM
    Would it be nice to have it free yes, but many have been asking for such an app since launch. Many have even said they would pay money for said app. The dev took the time to deliver said app, so I don't think it is took much to ask for some money for all the work. RIM could have delivered something like this, but at the moment they are knee deep into other things including OS2.

I am happy that this has been finally delivered. I have purchased it! Thanks
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-24-12 08:04 AM
    I bought the app and it seems to work rather well. The right click feature is different than what I've used in other apps but it does work.
    Last edited by zorecati; 01-24-12 at 08:21 AM.
    01-24-12 08:18 AM
    can i see the mouse pointer moving if i move the mouse of my pc with this app?
    i mean can the app work like some sort of wireless monitor display??
    01-24-12 08:25 AM
    Auto purshased for me, was waiting for rdp app for a long time. Work good out of the box

( u must configure your computer and router to accept the connection ( port : 3389 ))
    01-24-12 08:27 AM
    From the description, it looks like some systems are already compatible. Having Windows 7 home version, I assume I'll need to install something.
    Looking at this Remote Desktop Connection: frequently asked questions , it doesn't appear that you need to do anything. But if RDP wasn't available, your only solution would be vnc as there is no RDP addon for microsoft that i am aware of.
    01-24-12 08:30 AM
    01-24-12 08:31 AM
    Auto purshased for me, was waiting for rdp app for a long time. Work good out of the box

( u must configure your computer and router to accept the connection ( port : 3389 ))

Can I advise that you change this default to something else? You should be able to map any port to 3389 on your router. Alternatively, you can change the default port RDC uses. The key is knowing what port you can change this too.

1. Start Registry Editor.
    2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
    4. On the Edit menu, click Modify, and then click Decimal.
    5. Type the new port number, and then click OK.
    6. Quit Registry Editor.
    7. Restart the computer.
    Drashak and andy957 like this.
    01-24-12 08:37 AM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD