I am wondering if it is possible to use the sound through the host computer. I would love to be able to control my music on my Laptop (hooked up to sound system) through remoting from my PB.

Has anyone gotten this to work (or is it even possible with RDP clients)? If I have something playing on my laptop and then i remote in, it goes quite (either Youtube, WMP or Winamp (get a DirectSound error)). Seems like its trying to go through RDP but lacks the driver.
    03-06-12 12:25 AM
    Check out Splashtop
    03-06-12 12:31 AM
    I have my desktop computer hooked up to a PA System and Monitors etc. I use Splashtop from my Playbook to load my music and play it on the desktop through the PA/Monitors. I control volumes and playlists etc all from the couch on the PlayBook ..

Is that what you mean?
    Works great with SplashTop.

Edit: Note I have a decent usb soundcard installed (MAudio on this system). But with it and splashtop I can control all music playing.
    Last edited by manytone; 03-06-12 at 02:11 AM. Reason: noted above
    03-06-12 12:53 AM
    I guess I can try Splashtop. I really like Remote Desktop because i do not have to install a windows client, but i'll give splash top a try
    03-08-12 09:59 PM
    I guess I can try Splashtop. I really like Remote Desktop because i do not have to install a windows client, but i'll give splash top a try
    It's worth shooting them a support email. They are pretty quick at getting back to you.
    03-09-12 08:43 AM
    Splashtop works great, best 5 bucks I ever spent on my PB!
    03-09-12 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD