hi there,
    i have 4 playbooks - one that works, and 3 that fail with with "Alert Cannot connect to server"
    the settings on the RDP connection are identical and i created new connections etc
    the playbooks all did work at one point, the only difference was that the 1 that still does work, doesnt have the latest build of the OS on it
    any suggestions?
    thanks for your help
    04-23-12 07:39 PM
    Which RDP app. Have you contacted the author yet? Is it a converted Android app?. You really haven't provided enough information so that we can help.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-23-12 08:22 PM
    Does it use IP addresses? You say that they all did work, so, it's not as if the desktop module can only support one pb?
    04-23-12 10:03 PM
    Buy Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Remote desktop App for playbook
    yes it is using the public IP address of the terminal server in remote connection - they all worked at one point now they are all failing with that alert error except the brand new one that i just took out of the box and tried out of curiousity - by todd grayson i hear splashtop is good but wont work with server 2008
    Last edited by cbailey3377; 04-24-12 at 07:06 AM.
    04-24-12 07:03 AM
    Okay so this is the same RDP application I use. I am not experiencing any issues with it and the latest PB OS on my internal home network. You say the settings are the same as those on the PB you have not upgraded the PB OS on? The RDP app version is 1.06. You might want to delete the existing connections and start over configuring template. Or failing that you might want to try is deleting the app, then reinstall it and see if that helps. Perhaps some small detail in the connection information is corrupt.
    04-24-12 09:36 AM
    I managed to get it to work with one PC (my laptop) but not my dad's desktop, its possible because his pc is Win 7 Home and my laptop is Professional (work)

Also, how do you RDP from outside your home network?

Ps. Don't mean to hijack thread.
    04-24-12 10:09 AM
    i just did a hard reset on the PB - i removed all connections, recreated them as well - no luck, i just took a backup of the PB and did a security wipe - i am now updating the OS as i can't restore the data unless the OS is at the same build
    will let you kjnow what happens
    04-24-12 11:35 AM
    I managed to get it to work with one PC (my laptop) but not my dad's desktop, its possible because his pc is Win 7 Home and my laptop is Professional (work)

Also, how do you RDP from outside your home network?

Ps. Don't mean to hijack thread.
    Windows 7 home does not allow remote desktop connections inbound.

I had to upgrade mine to pro to start allowing it
    04-24-12 11:58 AM
    after backing up the playbook, it errors out when trying to restore it....nothing is good about this device
    04-24-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD