I'm looking for a good "notes" app for my PB. Preferably free. I checked a few on App world, and tried one which wasn't bad, but it only allowed for 4 notes before telling me I had to purchase. I use the Memo Pad on my Bold all the time, and I'm looking for something similar to that for the PB. Any recommendations?
    12-28-11 11:36 PM
    I'm not sure how detailed you want to get with your notes, but I use "hello note" for simple notes that would normally be done on the Memo Pad on a BB.

There's another app called Note Smartly Lite that allows you to draw and add text (and also has a to-do list function built into it).
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    12-29-11 12:08 AM
    Well, if you are bridged, you can use the Memo app from the phone on the pb. But without bridge or without the phone in range, it will not work.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-29-11 01:03 AM
    I just installed ever note on my PB and PC. I think I am going to like it for the sync between the two and it lets me attach files to the notes.
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-29-11 at 02:19 AM.
    12-29-11 01:12 AM
    docs to go > words to go
    its free i think its only for os 2.0
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    12-29-11 01:12 AM
    I wish there was an app like MobisleNotes in Android market, that allows you to switch between Plain text and Checklists seamlessly. It's the only app I rely on on OS2, it works great in the Android Player
    12-29-11 01:17 AM
    Yes, Evernote. Installed it on my BB and my pc, the new version works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    D_Whatley likes this.
    12-29-11 01:19 AM
    I use GroovyNotes as a standalone on the PB - and Upvise between PC and phone. The syncing of Upvise is instant....puts Evernote to shame - but it's only for text.
    12-29-11 01:33 AM
    docs to go > words to go
    its free i think its only for os 2.0
    it's standard on all playbooks with any os version. and works rather well. i was pleasantly surprised that sheet to go would understand excel macros. timesheets from my old employer used macros to update daily and weekly hours for jobs, and sheet to go handled them just fine.
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    12-29-11 01:43 AM
    A question about Evernote.... from reading about it on the Internet, wouldn't I need an Internet connection to access the notes? Am I reading something wrong? I'm really looking for something that is saved directly onto the PB, and doesn't need a Wifi or Buetooth connection in order for me to access my notes.
    12-29-11 01:51 AM
    A question about Evernote.... from reading about it on the Internet, wouldn't I need an Internet connection to access the notes? Am I reading something wrong? I'm really looking for something that is saved directly onto the PB, and doesn't need a Wifi or Buetooth connection in order for me to access my notes.
    Like I said above....
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    12-29-11 01:53 AM
    Well, if you are bridged, you can use the Memo app from the phone on the pb. But without bridge or without the phone in range, it will not work.
    Thanks F2, I would like something independent of being bridged to my phone, but exactly like the Memopad on the Bold.
    12-29-11 01:54 AM
    EverNote does not require you to be connected to WiFi except for syncing of files but it is an android app requiring OS 2 beta
    12-29-11 03:00 AM
    Odd... I'm using the native Evernote app on 1.08.
    12-29-11 03:15 AM
    Yep, sure enough it is there in app world. I am running it as a droid as I missed it in app world but I wonder if the native is a better choice. So far the only frustrating thing I have found is trying to discover the hidden cancel button when cancelling a file attachment wbich may lr may not be different.
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-29-11 at 03:34 AM.
    12-29-11 03:32 AM
    i gave up on evernote on my pb since it won't let me access the files if i don't have an internet connection.
    12-29-11 07:55 AM
    hummm, I don't have that constraint, my files are local and my quick test worked in airplane mode and with the WiFi turned off manually. I wonder if there is a difference between the Android and native apps or if this is a change made in the newest release mentioned above.
    12-29-11 08:01 AM
    The latest version of Evernote allows you to work without wifi and it will sync next time you are on. I work in a location without wifi and use my PB to take notes in meetings all the time.
    12-29-11 09:25 AM
    I'm looking for a good "notes" app for my PB. Preferably free. I checked a few on App world, and tried one which wasn't bad, but it only allowed for 4 notes before telling me I had to purchase. I use the Memo Pad on my Bold all the time, and I'm looking for something similar to that for the PB. Any recommendations?
    I use Groovy Notes (my favourite) and Evernote on my Playbook. The only thing that's a wee bit annoying about Groovy Notes is it takes a little while (about 10 seconds) to launch. I can live with this though so other than that I find it very versatile, you can record voice notes and it's by far the best I've seen so far for categorizing notes. You can add tags to notes which makes them easy to find and Plus it synchs instantly to dropbox and backs up my notes with a single tap. You can also search for notes by date with the app's calendar and you can customize categories with colours and icons. It's neat.
    12-29-11 09:49 AM
    +1 groovy notes
    12-29-11 08:16 PM
    it's standard on all playbooks with any os version. and works rather well. i was pleasantly surprised that sheet to go would understand excel macros. timesheets from my old employer used macros to update daily and weekly hours for jobs, and sheet to go handled them just fine.
    Are you sure they are macros and not formulas?
    Macros are VBA.
    12-29-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD