Hi i'm new to PB and am looking for the best RSS reader. Could anybody recommend?
    Thanks in advance!
    10-14-11 06:06 PM
    I was looking for one too and I discover WebReader last week. It connects to your Google Reader account and it allows for an offline reading mode. I have a lot of RSS Feeds on my Torch 9800 so I never really tried the Google Reader but I discovered that it works pretty well. You have to connect your WebReader app to yout Google Reader in the app (bug fixed in today's release) and you can manage your feeds online (ex: put them in different categories, rename them, edit their different settings).

Its 2,99$ in the App World but in my opinion, it's worth every penny!!!
    10-14-11 06:17 PM
    Free GeeReader
    Paid Web Reader

Two best options available
    10-14-11 06:25 PM
    I was using FeedWheel and found this the best of the free options but I recently upgraded to WebReader and agree it is worth every penny of the $2.99 price tag.
    10-14-11 08:21 PM
    agree, I've tried almost every rss reader for the pb and IMHO the best rss reader for the playbook is webreader.
    10-14-11 09:11 PM
    Hi i'm new to PB and am looking for the best RSS reader. Could anybody recommend?
    Thanks in advance!
    Im happy with Newspile and AIRGreader. Although Im not as happy that they sort by date oldest to newest. I prefer to read the latest and work backwards
    10-14-11 09:13 PM
    +1 for Web Reader - well worth the $2.99. It's pretty well polished, works in landscape and portrait modes, plays YouTube videos embedded in posts, and you can view the full post web page right inside the app.
    10-14-11 11:18 PM
    I use BerryReader on my BlackBerry and think its amazing. Easily share articles via email to my wife and open up the entire web article through the browser as well.
    Bought Web Reader for the Playbook and am pretty disappointed, it only seems to load the headline for the article and not in any depth as BerryReader will, and if I share it via email my wife only gets the heading and not the article URL as she would with BerryReader.
    ATM regretting the purchase and using my phone for all RSS needs, I could just be dense in which case would appreciate anyones help.

Edit: Also I cant seem to figure out how to open the actual entire article either, so I star it and then look it up on BerryReader. Kinda defeats the purpose.
    10-15-11 04:12 AM
    Huh? Web reader does not only open the headers of articles... It opens whatever is in the RSS feed article, as that is basically all any rss reader does.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-15-11 04:20 AM
    hmm ok lets see if i can explain this better.
    bereader on my phone will give me
    Attachment 95310
    if i like i can then open
    Attachment 95311
    and if i choose to email an item to my wife she can easily open the whole article as well.
    web reader only gives me
    Attachment 95312
    which is pretty pointless as i cant open the full link as far as i can tell and if i email it on people who receive it cant get the full link either. i may be missing something but if im not thats pretty pointless as at the moment I need to star the article on the Playbook and do the heavy lifting on my phone. If in fact Im not missing anything then Id strongly advise anyone looking for a proper RSS app to hold off on buying Webreader.
    Last edited by bobauckland; 10-15-11 at 10:52 AM.
    10-15-11 05:27 AM
    bobauckland, Totally agree with you! I love to use BerryReader with Full Article function (setup as Google Mobilizer). And I can't find rss reader as good as BerryReader on my PlayBook. Tried NewsPile Pro, GeeReader, WebReader, BlackBerry News. BlackBerry News is closest, because it opens full article, but no mobile view and it fetching all rss lines everytime I start the program. WebReader need updates!
    11-11-11 12:54 AM
    Web Reader does the same thing, just tap the top headline and it opens the full article. Looking at your pics, you get the same initial info displayed.
    11-11-11 09:28 AM
    Can I sync, not import, from Google Reader?

Im looking for a way to be able to access my RSS feeds from one place across my PC, PB, and Blackberry.

I dont know if there is an easy way to do this but I was thinking Google Reader may be the core of it all as I can add feeds from my PC and then have an app on my phone (Viigo) that will sync with Google and then something on my Playbook to sync with Google as well.

Any advice on how to accomplish this seamlessly is greatly appreciated!
    11-11-11 09:41 AM
    I believe that NewsPile syncs with Google Reader, by that I mean any changes you make yo feeds (add or delete) in the NewsPile App will be reflected on Google Reader.

I seem to use WebReader most although I would like either the Google or Instapaper mobiliser view so that it will open the article within the app rather than having to open the browser - same thing BerryReader does on the Bold.
    11-13-11 06:09 AM
    I seem to use WebReader most although I would like either the Google or Instapaper mobiliser view so that it will open the article within the app rather than having to open the browser - same thing BerryReader does on the Bold.
    Been looking for a Google Reader client myself and have been reluctant to make any purchases until I find one with regular updates... WebReader recently released an update... do you know if it will allow you to do what you described above?

Was also looking at BerryReader before getting myself a PB. Are you saying that BerryReader also opens up an article in the browser rather than within the app?
    11-28-11 01:14 AM
    how does the offline mode in webreader works?
    11-28-11 03:10 AM
    Hopefully, XPRSS will be creating an RSS reader for the PB... I prefer that one on my Style... Only gives what I want unless I wish to explore further after the title...

Edit: I do find News360 as a rather nice RSS feeder though on the Playbook... Just too much damned content for my tastes...
    Last edited by ayekon; 11-29-11 at 06:39 PM.
    11-29-11 06:36 PM
    GeeReader works great if you want to sync with Google Reader.
    11-29-11 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD