in os 2.0 would we have the capability of rearranging app windows. sometimes i like swiping from left or right bezel to go to next app. but if i open up a new app it kinda throws off the mojo. would be nice if we could rearrange them.
    01-20-12 12:47 AM
    Yea I like the idea too,
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-20-12 01:14 AM
    I wrote a post about this...but I think that it went over and too well...
    01-20-12 02:22 AM
    Yes, just launch the apps in the order you want them to be in...
    01-20-12 02:46 AM
    Yes, just launch the apps in the order you want them to be in...
    but lets say you open messages. and launch a website from there then my browser is no longer next to my scrabble game lol.

why not take multi tasking to a new high.
    01-20-12 05:12 AM
    As a webOS user this is something I would appreciate. The main thing I miss from webOS though is how apps can have multiple "cards" open. For example in the browser you can open multiple cards instead of tabs which I actually found really enjoyable. Although I don't think this would work on the PB in its current state as the pace of task switching was much much faster on webOS. They really need to speed up the animation times on this OS.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-20-12 06:18 AM
    wow pre still around. i retired mine sadly once batt wouldnt keep a charge. it was my lil "game boy" loved downloading new themes and smilies. my favorite thing abouth the pre. customizable smilies.
    01-20-12 08:45 AM
    I'd like a 4-quadrants option just like SimpleBrowser's tab page. You could see 4 equal windows in the 4 corners. But I'm sure someone else will want 6 or 2 in portrait mode.
    01-20-12 10:03 AM
    Cool ideas, which I'm pretty sure we'll see eventually. The OS window management stuff is certainly capable of things like this. I doubt we'll see it in 2.0, but won't be surprised to see it later.

Might be useful to be creative in this thread and come up with other ways to arrange or manipulate things. Preferably with a use case described, as in why you think it would be useful and not merely "cool".

Here's one: one app fullscreen, with a second showing as an inset window, much like in Video Chat where you can see the other person fullscreen and yourself in a smaller window (which, by the way, is movable to any of the four corners, in case you didn't know that!).

The inset one would be too small to see text, I would imagine, but would certainly work for video, either from the Video Chat or just a movie. Maybe you're typing a review of a movie in Docs To Go (fullscreen), while watching the movie in the corner...
    01-20-12 10:21 AM
    Here's one: one app fullscreen, with a second showing as an inset window, much like in Video Chat where you can see the other person fullscreen and yourself in a smaller window (which, by the way, is movable to any of the four corners, in case you didn't know that!).

The inset one would be too small to see text, I would imagine, but would certainly work for video, either from the Video Chat or just a movie. Maybe you're typing a review of a movie in Docs To Go (fullscreen), while watching the movie in the corner...
    Love that idea!
    Would also. Love to be able to see more than one browser side by side.
    01-20-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD