Does it actually bump you up a level though? I ask because it seems like new versions of the creatures appear every 10 levels or so. I rarely find equipment to replace what I'm currently using at level 31, so if the fortune teller simply gives you a card without bumping up a level, it seems like a good way to get an edge.
    Right, that's what I meant. In most RPG's your stats improve when you level, but in Reaper you pick an attribute to improve (i.e. tarot) and nothing else changes. The Oracle just lets you buy an upgrade without raising your level. When/if I play through again, I'm gonna be very conservative on buying equipment so I can buy more tarot cards.

That's about as far as I've gotten too. For Torkens, they sure do use a lot of magic. I've started using the ground pound in the air to knock groups of the club wielders off the edges. And the aerial spinning attack is great when you have the card that increases your block chance while performing rage attacks. I manage to block most of the projectiles while taking out those pesky spirits.

Posted via CB10
    I finally beat the 3rd round last night. That's as far as it goes. You get 6000 gold but you can also repeat it as much as you want.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    10-01-13 10:28 AM
    @kvndoom: Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:35 AM
    Reaper game for PlayBook!-img_00000058.png

Woohoo! Full Dark Item Set! Unfortunately, the pieces are more expensive than regular pieces, likely due to some special features. Also, there's no full set bonus, which I was kinda hoping for. And depending on how you want your character built, there are definitely better pieces for damage, armour etc.

That being said, the special bonus the set provides are:

Resurrection: 10% Total
    Skulls of Rage: +3
    Awareness: 55%
    Execution: +50%
    Fortune: +1
    Feel No Pain: +3

Resurrection is a chance to return after death with 9 health. Skulls of Rage starts you off with that many, so you can jump straight into the fray with effective rage attacks. Awareness adds to the skill that causes pitfalls to deal less damage. Execution may cause you to deal criticals more often when striking a stunned opponent. Fortune I believe adds to the skill, which causes you to find more gold. Feel No Pain increases your armour value in combat based on how many rage skulls you have accumulated.

I'm assuming you don't need to have the skill to benefit from the bonuses, and that you receive the bonus even if you have that skill maximized.

For those debating purchase of the game, here's a run down of the features:

Full Game: allows your character to level up past 10.
    Torken Arena: A three round repeatable battle, each round offering more money and more risk. Losing causes you to forfeit your winnings of previous rounds.
    Fortune Teller: Sells you a skill card as though you were levelling up, for 20000 gold, without actually levelling you up.
    Destiny Item Set: A good mid-game equipment set, purchasable at the shops.
    Dark Item Set: A good end-game equipment set, purchasable at the shops.
    Dark Side Quest: A repeatable quest that costs 1000 gold, and has you murder a group of enemies, and keep the spoils.
    Dark Harvest Mode: Pure combat, each level consisting of more rounds. In between each round you have access to the shop. After completing all rounds you increase one level. Losing in a round causes you to start that level over, keeping the money and equipment you'd earned, but dropping your score to what it was when you started the level.

Edit: updated info with clarifications from kvndoom.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 10-09-13 at 01:19 PM.
    10-08-13 08:50 AM
    Excellent analysis! The Feel no Pain tarot card gives extra armor per accumulated Rage skull.

My damage is approx 305 and my armor is (I think) in the 270's, but I really think armor has diminishing returns.

I beat the main game but now I just farm the Arena to buy tarot cards and incrementally better gear. Best sword I've seen so far has 110 base damage (don't remember other stats)... Sadly I didn't have the gold to buy it that one time it appeared in the shop. Ultimately I want to have a full set of tarot cards... just to say that I did it.

I don't get the point of the Dark Side quest... Why am I paying 1000 gold for what amounts to a random encounter? I could just wander the map and wait for a random battle, at no cost. :P

I'm hoping Hexage updates with more content, gives complete sets (God or Dark) extra bonuses like Dungeon Siege did, and does something with the Dark Side quest to make it worthwhile.

Still, a definite 9/10 in my book... awesome game!
    10-09-13 08:04 AM
    Excellent analysis! The Feel no Pain tarot card gives extra armor per accumulated Rage skull.
    Thanks for the clarification!

My damage is approx 305 and my armor is (I think) in the 270's, but I really think armor has diminishing returns.
    I think it may have more to do with your level. Enemies seem to get stronger as you gain levels, so that the same enemy at lower levels has more health and does more damage at higher ones. If you don't keep increasing your damage and armour, that little purple slime becomes unbeable.

I beat the main game but now I just farm the Arena to buy tarot cards and incrementally better gear. Best sword I've seen so far has 110 base damage (don't remember other stats)..
    I think as you get to the higher levels, the percentage stats become more significant. Damage Boost, Strength, Armor Fitting, Block, Criticals stun and the like have more significant effects on your base stats. I have a sword that has 100 damage, but a strength boost of 122%, adding approximately 30 more damage based on my current strength. Makes planning your outfit surprisingly complex.

I don't get the point of the Dark Side quest... Why am I paying 1000 gold for what amounts to a random encounter? I could just wander the map and wait for a random battle, at no cost. :P
    Yeah, seems like a half baked idea. It's introduced at the end of the game, and considering it's random storyless fights, it doesn't feel particularly dark.

The story, by the way, while feeling kind of all over the place, really ties together at the end. And that guy that exploded made me sputter coffee.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:47 PM
    I received an error trying to purchase it on my PlayBook. So I purchased it on my Z10, which didn't automatically activate it on my PlayBook. I had to go into the options in Reaper on my PlayBook and tap "restore purchases". And then it registered that it had been bought.

Attachment 205790

Posted via CB10
    I only have a playbook and I always get the same error when trying to purchase the full version, is there any other way to purchase the full game?

edit: apparently the issue resolved itself just managed to buy the full version!
    Last edited by Blackman91; 02-23-14 at 05:55 AM.
    02-23-14 05:16 AM
    I have it on my Android tablet now. I'm planning to play through it again!
    02-28-14 01:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000058.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	362.2 KB 
ID:	209001

Woohoo! Full Dark Item Set! Unfortunately, the pieces are more expensive than regular pieces, likely due to some special features. Also, there's no full set bonus, which I was kinda hoping for. And depending on how you want your character built, there are definitely better pieces for damage, armour etc.

That being said, the special bonus the set provides are:

Resurrection: 10% Total
    Skulls of Rage: +3
    Awareness: 55%
    Execution: +50%
    Fortune: +1
    Feel No Pain: +3

Resurrection is a chance to return after death with 9 health. Skulls of Rage starts you off with that many, so you can jump straight into the fray with effective rage attacks. Awareness adds to the skill that causes pitfalls to deal less damage. Execution may cause you to deal criticals more often when striking a stunned opponent. Fortune I believe adds to the skill, which causes you to find more gold. Feel No Pain increases your armour value in combat based on how many rage skulls you have accumulated.

I'm assuming you don't need to have the skill to benefit from the bonuses, and that you receive the bonus even if you have that skill maximized.

For those debating purchase of the game, here's a run down of the features:

Full Game: allows your character to level up past 10.
    Torken Arena: A three round repeatable battle, each round offering more money and more risk. Losing causes you to forfeit your winnings of previous rounds.
    Fortune Teller: Sells you a skill card as though you were levelling up, for 20000 gold, without actually levelling you up.
    Destiny Item Set: A good mid-game equipment set, purchasable at the shops.
    Dark Item Set: A good end-game equipment set, purchasable at the shops.
    Dark Side Quest: A repeatable quest that costs 1000 gold, and has you murder a group of enemies, and keep the spoils.
    Dark Harvest Mode: Pure combat, each level consisting of more rounds. In between each round you have access to the shop. After completing all rounds you increase one level. Losing in a round causes you to start that level over, keeping the money and equipment you'd earned, but dropping your score to what it was when you started the level.

Edit: updated info with clarifications from kvndoom.

Posted via CB10
    What does the armor fitting percentage affect?
    05-13-15 06:34 PM
    yo, could you please share the .bar file, i want to play it and blackberry world does not exist anymore.
    06-20-23 05:49 PM
    yo, could you please share the .bar file, i want to play it and blackberry world does not exist anymore.
    App from 10 years ago was only available from BlackBerry World. No way to get it if the developer never released the bar file themselves.

It's not in Conite's BB10 App Archive, so it was never released outside of BBW.

Plus, being a paid app, I doubt you'll see even the android version anywhere, but you can try. Won't be around here though.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    rodolfo hernandez likes this.
    06-20-23 06:07 PM
    i see, yeah, it's a bit late to say such, anyway, i'll keep trying to find it and if yes, i'll share over here
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    06-20-23 06:46 PM
    i see, yeah, it's a bit late to say such, anyway, i'll keep trying to find it and if yes, i'll share over here
    All released bars for the PlayBook are here: https://mega.nz/folder/ExZSRaoY#aoyFV9zfZWC6DmH8HNijZg

lots of games there but not Reaper, I'm afraid.
    06-20-23 08:48 PM
37 12