I have been a big BB fan, and love the PB, but I can't justify leaving my iPad yet for it...

My iPad serves as a portable media solution... I travel - a lot, and use the ipad for the following:

1. Movies - rentals from itunes, easy to watch and convert my own movies as well. Netflix and hulu if I am home.

2. Magazines - Zinio is am amazing app, my bookshelves are filled with racks of old car magazines, and this app has allowed me to get more subs then I could store physically. Travel is nice, because I can have 10, 20, 30+ magazines with me.

3. Podcasts - I watch a lot of video podcasts... Dailys and weeklys Easy to have itunes manage and sync to pad.

4. Presentations - I use goodreader to keep my work manuals (hundreds of pages) and other presentations (pdf and ppt based).

5. RSS - I use Reeder to review thousands of feeds, and it allows me to simply save articles to "read it later" for sharing or re-visiting another time.

I tried a Galaxy Tab, but there was a similar problem... Not enough app support.

I hate that my life is chained to the Apple Pad, because I HATE the size.

The GTab and the Playbook are way better at 7"

When can we start to see some app support???
    06-10-11 10:53 AM
    I have been a big BB fan, and love the PB, but I can't justify leaving my iPad yet for it...

My iPad serves as a portable media solution... I travel - a lot, and use the ipad for the following:

1. Movies - rentals from itunes, easy to watch and convert my own movies as well. Netflix and hulu if I am home.
    Well I will state that I used drink the apple flavored koolaide but, I have found that the movies of mine that I made backups of that played on my iphone and ipad I used to have work just fine on the playbook. Though netflix does not work. I do not personally know about hulu. Though the way hulu is I expect that it wont work.
    06-10-11 11:15 AM
    New apps are continually dripping into app world - when I bought my Playbook three weeks ago I had serious doubts also when I looked at the app selections. Since then there has been a lot of cool stuff added in a short period of time, plus a great OS update that made it much more usable. I would suggest patience and perhaps promoting the apps you want in forums and elsewhere. Get the visibility so developers and possibly RIM can gauge who wants what most.

Remember it's not the NUMBER of apps that count, but the quality and utility that matters... Stick with Playbook it IS nice to be able to pocket it and have it available when you hadn't expected you might need it. I love the size, only wish they devoted less space to the bezel and more to the screen - but the touch bezel is unique and something I dont think any other pad has. Don't forget that DROID apps will be porting as well.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-11-11 at 03:10 PM.
    06-10-11 01:15 PM
    You would also love the bluetooth bridging to your new Torch... something no other pad can do.
    06-10-11 01:16 PM
    i understand enjoy ur ipad u sound like u are already. im on my playbook teethering ti my torch wjile shoping in the mall. i love my playbook.

tons of my buddies have ipad nver seen it outside of the house. not portable.
    06-10-11 06:19 PM
    The AppWorld collection is rapidly increasing, especially for paid programs.

If you are business oriented, the main apps are built-in: the bridge functions.
    If you want games the the PB will be long to come in having them available.
    Business related apps will likely be available soonest.

Android apps will come this summer and rapidly add to the collection.
    It is also a question of quality and duplication: for example, there are many 'calculators' that essentially do the same function.

Many of the best app are not apps, they are web related. For example, to go on line to Citibank you don't need an app, you just log-in to their Internet website.
    Cloud computing is fast becoming the wave of the future. This will be available on line too.
    06-10-11 06:31 PM
    New apps are continually dripping into app world - when I bought my Playbook three weeks ago I had serious doubts also when I looked at the app selections. Since then there has been a lot of cool stuff added in a short period of time, plus a great OS update that made it much more usable. I would suggest patience and perhaps promoting the apps you want in forums and elsewhere. Get the visibility so developers and possibly RIM can gauge who wants what most. Remember it's not the NUMBER of apps that count, but the quality and utility that matters,or perhaps have a look at other alternate service providers that ARE available. Stick with Playbook it IS nice to be able to pocket it and have it available when you hadn't expected you might need it. I love the size, only wish they devoted less space to the bezel and more to the screen - but the touch bezel is unique and something I dont think any other pad has.
    good to see some people speaking with some sense...
    06-11-11 01:22 AM
    It just takes time guys have to be patient you know.
    06-11-11 02:48 PM
    I thought the Playbook relied on the web rather than apps? I also thought I heard the web was nearly out of domain names, so it appears there will be a finite universe for the Playbook to tap into after all. I wonder why RIM didn't see that coming?
    06-11-11 04:39 PM
    I thought the Playbook relied on the web rather than apps? I also thought I heard the web was nearly out of domain names, so it appears there will be a finite universe for the Playbook to tap into after all. I wonder why RIM didn't see that coming?
    you can't possibly be serious ...
    06-11-11 07:18 PM
    World IPv6 Day boosted the amount of native IPv6 traffic on the Internet, but it mostly increased the use of transitional protocols that won't help to solve the looming shortage of IPv4 addresses, according to researchers studying data from Wednesday's event.

Maybe it's just like that Y2K scare?
    06-11-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD