Hey Crackberry,

Is there a way I can download magazines like Forbes, Inc. Entrepreneur etc to read them on the train offline - meaning I won't need service or internet?

I tried using Zinio but there isn't anything interesting I can read.

Is there something else I can download?

What else would you guys recommend

Sent from my heart <3
    05-15-12 08:36 AM
    Hi!

Maybe you should select the articles you want to read later before you go on the train. You could easily save them to Pocket (GetPocket.com) and read them later on your PlayBook with ReadOnTouch PRO. There is also a support thread in this forum for that app, with a few screenshots available: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-719122/

And it's got already tested and recommended by CrackBerry:
    http://crackberry.com/readontouch-pr...mages-and-more

Maybe you should give it a try.

Cheers,
    Sven
    05-15-12 09:40 AM
    Hi!

Maybe you should select the articles you want to read later before you go on the train. You could easily save them to Pocket (GetPocket.com) and read them later on your PlayBook with ReadOnTouch PRO. There is also a support thread in this forum for that app, with a few screenshots available: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-719122/

And it's got already tested and recommended by CrackBerry:
    http://crackberry.com/readontouch-pr...mages-and-more

Maybe you should give it a try.

Cheers,
    Sven
    Sven:

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I was just looking at your thread on your app. How does GetPocket make its money? Or are they just willing to share for nothing? I was just at their site and may have missed it. Before I signup for yet another "service" and wonder what they want to give me free content, I'm asking someone with some knowledge of their service. This is before I then spend money on your interesting looking app.
    05-15-12 11:19 AM
    Lol really? Taking the spotlight and attention from me? That's like proposing to your girl on the day of my wedding man, you could have just PM'ed him!

Lol just playin around.

Thanks but I don't know if I want to find stuff and save to read it later, I just want to know where I can download these issues and have them stored on my playbook offline... There has to be another way, no?
    05-15-12 11:28 AM
    Sven:

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I was just looking at your thread on your app.
    Maybe the support thread of my app, linked in my original post, would be a better place to ask, instead of hijacking this thread.

How does GetPocket make its money? Or are they just willing to share for nothing? I was just at their site and may have missed it. Before I signup for yet another "service" and wonder what they want to give me free content, I'm asking someone with some knowledge of their service. This is before I then spend money on your interesting looking app.
    That's an really interesting question. All I know is that the Pocket found some investors last year, who were willing to spend a few millions dollar to the founder. Until that time he was doing it all alone and since then he has started to build his company.

Until "Read it Later" get renamed to "Pocket" you had to pay for there PRO version of the apps on Android and iOS. Since the relaunch the apps were available for free and I have no clue how the make their money. But luckily that's not part of my business. The service is free and will remain free of charge, that's all I care about. They are doing an fantastic job, and I really would not live without that service (that's why I created the app).

You could ask the same question on so many services... What's about InstaPaper for example? It's nearly the same. How they make their money? What about so many other free services?

All I can say is that you should have a look at Pocket and ReadOnTouch PRO, if you like reading, you will like the experience.

Cheers,
    Sven
    05-15-12 11:45 AM
    I hope you find both the girl and the offline reader that you can live with!

I have not looked at any of those "web crawlers" in a while but at one time they could grab an entire web site. But sometimes they went too far following links quite askew.
    05-15-12 11:46 AM
    I have not looked at any of those "web crawlers" in a while but at one time they could grab an entire web site. But sometimes they went too far following links quite askew.
    They are no really "web crawlers" as the services I mentioned will not follow any links (except the one you add, of course)!

Cheers,
    Sven
    05-15-12 11:54 AM
    theres an app coming for bb10 that was demoed at bb10jam. it'll allow u to download entire issues for a price X$ or read online for $X (less than dl) or pay by minute. Also they said they'll offer 10 minutes of reading for free for all bb10 users when the app comes outs (whcih will be ready on launch date )
    05-15-12 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD