For free, I downloaded the Reader's Digest app this morning from App World and it immediately downloaded and installed (took awhile) the most current edition of the magazine. I can't even tell you how incredible this magazine is on the PlayBook and how easy it is to navigate. The colors are brilliant and the layout is so easy to use. I'm not sure why it is free but I am definitely going to cancel my subscription on my Nook now. It needs the internet to download and update the magazine itself but after that you can read them without being connected. And it stores your old editions so you can go back to them. This is one that I highly recommend. I sure do hope that more magazines come out with this type of thing.
    04-23-11 10:01 AM
    I presume, eventually, that this will be like a subscription service. I think that this speical issue that they have released is only to get people interested in what the app can be. This is not a criticism - afterall, its a company But the app is very good.

I really hope Scientific American does something like this.
    04-23-11 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Eager to see how they handle new content. If ever there was a magazine whose size lent itself to the playbook, thats it!
    04-23-11 12:15 PM
    I havent read through everything but I thought I'd post a quick update - this is exactly how an application should be done. It's brilliant - videos work well, navigation works well. It is a very slick app and shows what happens when a company spends time to make a dediacated app for the Playbook. Readers Digest should really be commended for the work that they have done - for that matter, this app should be on the featured menu of the App World.
    paulvr01 likes this.
    04-23-11 01:20 PM
    i agree i looked at the first issue and was very impressed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 08:27 PM
    Can someone post some pictures or videos so I can see what this looks like?
    04-23-11 08:51 PM
    04-23-11 09:04 PM
    Looks great. Hope to see more publications follow this format on the PB.

Thanks for posting the pics.
    04-23-11 09:07 PM
    Looks great. Hope to see more publications follow this format on the PB.

Thanks for posting the pics.
    no problem. Here area couple more showing off two different navigation menus.

04-23-11 09:15 PM
    i love it too. id probably get a subscription just to support it. ive always loved that magazine.
    04-23-11 09:40 PM
    Thanks for heads up this is a great app, I hope that others like UsaToday, Cnn Huff etc. follow suit!
    04-23-11 10:15 PM
    Thanks for heads up this is a great app, I hope that others like UsaToday, Cnn Huff etc. follow suit!
    Not interested, but Huff already has an app

04-23-11 10:16 PM
    Not interested, but Huff already has an app

The Huff app is horrible.
    04-24-11 12:25 AM
    Oh, I like this, downloading now.
    Thanks for the ehads up
    04-24-11 12:30 AM
    Oh, I like this, downloading now.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Whoa 310mb.... meh, it'll be worth it
    Boilernut likes this.
    04-24-11 12:31 AM
    I feel really stupid but I cannot seem to find it. What category is it in?
    04-24-11 04:16 AM
    04-24-11 04:54 AM
    I will pay for it.. It's one of the apps I use to show off the Playbook.
    04-24-11 01:54 PM
    amazing quality, great layout, intuitive design, and good content.
    05-01-11 05:50 AM
    What is wrong with the appworld on PB, this seems to be a pretty good app yet it is not even in the News/Magazines category - not sure what it would be in otherwise but app world needs a better editor or information architect to let people find what they are looking for. Of course it's featured but it just looks so lame to go to News/Magazines and only see two publications. I don't read but i would expect to see it there.
    05-01-11 11:44 AM
    What is wrong with the appworld on PB, this seems to be a pretty good app yet it is not even in the News/Magazines category - not sure what it would be in otherwise but app world needs a better editor or information architect to let people find what they are looking for. Of course it's featured but it just looks so lame to go to News/Magazines and only see two publications. I don't read but i would expect to see it there.
    maybe rim is lurking around here...they added it to the News/Mags section.
    05-03-11 06:42 AM
    Contacted Readers Digest to inquire about continued support. Haven't heard back yet, has anyone else?
    08-14-11 09:39 PM
    Contacted Readers Digest to inquire about continued support. Haven't heard back yet, has anyone else?
    nope, i was cleaning out apps today and tried to open it. no luck on 1.0.7 >> guess reception for it wasnt that great.
    08-14-11 10:13 PM
    nope, i was cleaning out apps today and tried to open it. no luck on 1.0.7 >> guess reception for it wasnt that great.
    Had same problem, but uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it.
    08-14-11 10:15 PM
    If you want to encourage them to release more content for the Playbook, there is a survey on the second last page that you can give feedback on. It only took a couple on minutes to fill out. Maybe if there is enough of a response it will get their attention.
    08-14-11 10:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD