I use Nobex but there's no sleep timer. Can anyone recommend a radio app that has a timer? Thanks!
    04-16-13 01:48 PM
    04-16-13 02:43 PM
    Thanks for your reply, but I wanted one for my Playbook. Nobex on bb10 has a sleep timer, but not on pb.
    04-16-13 03:03 PM
    Recently I've been using the Neutron Media Player. I can use the sleep timer with streaming radio or saved audio files. Not free but I think it's worth the price.

Before Neutron I found Today's Alarm Clock. It has a streaming radio feature. Used to be Iceberg Radio, but now it's some other ideas can't recall at the moment.
    Last edited by bob_tn; 04-16-13 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added Today's Alarm info
    04-16-13 07:52 PM
    I use Nobex but there's no sleep timer. Can anyone recommend a radio app that has a timer? Thanks!
    Seeing as someone else has noted that the BlackBerry device Nobex Radio Companion does have a sleep timer (I can confirm that, since I own the premium version) I've inferred that you're looking for something for your PlayBook. And I can suggest something I'm a real fan of.

Find the "Pro" version of Today's Alarm Clock (It'll cost you buck or two...I forget how much I paid for it...but it'll save you having to deal with the advertising that the free version displays). This app not only does sleep and alarms, it also displays current weather (with forecasts), traffic in your area, stock prices and yourr favourite professional sports league schedules and results.

You might want to consider getting a charge cradle for your PlayBook as well, since the device can then be charging while set alongside your bed. Having it on charge is essential if you set Today's Alarm Clock to display always...this is a fairly hungry application, especially when the display is always on, and your PlayBook won't make it through the night if not on charge. And the PlayBook looks great this way, too.

I've also worked out the way you can transfer radio streams from TuneIn to the stream settings on TAC. If you decide to go this way, either search here, or ask me. I really like this app....just last night I was listening to The Signal on CBC Radio 2, from Winnipeg. Try doing that with a conventional clock radio.
    reschp likes this.
    04-17-13 10:47 AM
    Thanks for your detailed response, I'll look into it when I get home tonight
    04-17-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks for your detailed response, I'll look into it when I get home tonight
    What??? You mean you don't take your PlayBook to work?!!???

(Mine's right...well, left...of me now...just in case I need to look at a website that my company has blocked.)
    04-17-13 03:29 PM
    Hehe, I have my Z10 for that

Anyway, I wasn't particularly keen on Today's Alarm Clock unfortunately. Has anyone else has a recommendation for a Playbook radio with sleep timer?
    04-18-13 07:39 AM
    Hehe, I have my Z10 for that

Anyway, I wasn't particularly keen on Today's Alarm Clock unfortunately. Has anyone else has a recommendation for a Playbook radio with sleep timer?
    RadiON(needs to be sideloaded) has both an Alarm Clock and a Sleep timer.
    03-01-14 11:05 PM