Ever wanted to listen to your local radio stations right on your BlackBerry PlayBook? Well now you can with the Radio for PlayBook series by Ignites Apps. The following list are the cities that are currently supported. Click on the links below to go to BlackBerry App World to find more information on which channels will be supported .

If your city is not listed feel free to let us know by posting here in the forums!

Developer Update 07/16/2012 -
    Manila, Philippines now available

Locations Available:
    Click for link to App World to Scan QR Codes from your computer.

Boston: App World Link

Calgary: App World Link

Chicago: App World Link

Edmonton: App World Link

Manila, Philippines: App World Link

Montreal: App World Link

New York City: App World Link

Ottawa-Gatineau: App World Link

Philadelphia: App World Link

St. Louis: App World Link

Toronto: App World Link

Vancouver: App World Link

Waterloo: App World Link

Last edited by ignites; 08-13-12 at 01:12 PM.
    9of13 likes this.
    06-25-12 06:49 PM
    Just wondering how this is different than NOBEX radio?

06-25-12 10:03 PM
    Just wondering how this is different than NOBEX radio?

Radio stations are localized, live and come directly from the provider . No in-app payments or subscriptions required.
    06-25-12 10:42 PM
    Using it and loving it. Props to this builder.
    ignites likes this.
    06-26-12 01:05 PM
    Nice job. Picked up the Calgary one and felt some instant nostalgia (grew up there and moved away over a decade ago).

One small point--literally: the selector buttons are too small, and their response is a little weird. But, yes, it worked great otherwise. Very pleased!
    ignites likes this.
    06-26-12 01:53 PM
    Nice job. Picked up the Calgary one and felt some instant nostalgia (grew up there and moved away over a decade ago).

One small point--literally: the selector buttons are too small, and their response is a little weird. But, yes, it worked great otherwise. Very pleased!
    thanks guys . I'll work on the buttons. the response is a bit weird because the page sometimes is not fully loaded yet even though buttons are clickable. Next update (coming next week) will have a loading page to prevent these errors . If you enjoy the app, please help me by leaving a positive (5 star) rating in appworld, it really helps! thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook #BeBold 2012
    06-26-12 02:07 PM
    Thanks for the St. Louis app. I feel like I may be the only one using it, but hey, I guess that is kudos to Ignites for creating it for me!
    ignites likes this.
    06-26-12 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the St. Louis app. I feel like I may be the only one using it, but hey, I guess that is kudos to Ignites for creating it for me!
    Thanks! hope you enjoy it tell your friends and leave a nice review =)
    06-26-12 03:49 PM
    OVER 450 stations:
    The same stations (and more) are available from browser link radio.com
    Just make a browser 'favorite' on your desktop
    07-01-12 09:04 PM
    OVER 450 stations:
    The same stations (and more) are available from browser link radio.com
    Just make a browser 'favorite' on your desktop
    try tsn 1010 and fan 590 two of more popular sports radio in toronto - you wont find it, trust me =). This is the only app that can provide the majority of local radio stations in the respective cities. There is another radio app on App world that claims to do so, you can once again search you wont these stations. If anyone is interested look up the reviews on this app click onto the respective app links 100% positive (I didnt reject any comments) also look at this thread from the initial launch http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-726539/. =).
    07-01-12 10:48 PM
    Great app! For the Calgary (and area) app, there are a few small suggestions:

- You may want to add CJSW 90.9 (streams here: Listen - CJSW - Calgary's Independent Radio 90.9 FM) - it's the University of Calgary radio station.

- JACK FM is 96.9, not 96.6 (I know, a minor quibble....but had noticed it in the description in App World & in the app itself).

Otherwise, if there was a way to have bigger buttons that could just be scrolled (as mentioned earlier), that would be awesome.
    07-02-12 02:29 AM
    Great app! For the Calgary (and area) app, there are a few small suggestions:

- You may want to add CJSW 90.9 (streams here: Listen - CJSW - Calgary's Independent Radio 90.9 FM) - it's the University of Calgary radio station.

- JACK FM is 96.9, not 96.6 (I know, a minor quibble....but had noticed it in the description in App World & in the app itself).

Otherwise, if there was a way to have bigger buttons that could just be scrolled (as mentioned earlier), that would be awesome.
    Sorry University stream does not work as the streaming is done via audio file extensions that are no supported by PlayBook (this is true for most if not all Universities).

Jack FM # will be fixed thanks for your feedback. A lot of people from Calgary has gotten this app. I will work on making the buttons bigger and push that out in an update within a month. Please leave us a 5 star feedback in BlackBerry App World when you get a chance. Thanks!
    07-02-12 02:54 PM
    Just got it, thanks! No fiddling around, easy to read layout. I tried Radio.com and found most stations "not available for your location". Thanks for the app!
    07-06-12 02:59 PM
    Just got it, thanks! No fiddling around, easy to read layout. I tried Radio.com and found most stations "not available for your location". Thanks for the app!
    which one are you trying to use? All the radio stations in the Toronto App should work fine in Canada. The USA apps all have regional restrictions so they are currently not available outside USA.

Let me know =). If you like it please let me a positive feedback (5 stars) in BlackBerry App World.

Thanks!
    07-06-12 05:03 PM
    which one are you trying to use? All the radio stations in the Toronto App should work fine in Canada. The USA apps all have regional restrictions so they are currently not available outside USA.

Let me know =). If you like it please let me a positive feedback (5 stars) in BlackBerry App World.

Thanks!
    Sorry, should have been clearer. I bought your app BECAUSE I was getting no access with Radio.com, which was suggested earlier in this thread. All your stations are working just fine, thankyouverymuch. JazzFM whereever I go! Yeah, Danny Marks!! Review left.
    Last edited by TOphotog; 07-06-12 at 07:27 PM.
    ignites likes this.
    07-06-12 07:09 PM
    Sorry, should have been clearer. I bought your app BECAUSE I was getting no access with Radio.com, which was suggested earlier in this thread. All your stations are working just fine, thankyouverymuch. JazzFM whereever I go! Yeah, Danny Marks!! Review left.
    Thanks bigger buttons are coming =).
    07-07-12 12:14 AM
    Thanks bigger buttons are coming =).
    Its here (v 1.2 for all products) ! Check Monday!

PS. Philadelphia & Chicago & Boston is done too - should also be available for monday!
    Last edited by ignites; 07-08-12 at 01:42 AM. Reason: I got more done!
    07-07-12 11:12 PM
    Users - check update, they should have been pushed out by now =). New locations are approved and posted but may take a few hours to show up on app world

Thanks!
    Last edited by ignites; 07-08-12 at 10:18 PM. Reason: updates
    TOphotog likes this.
    07-08-12 09:48 PM
    Norbex is free.
    07-09-12 12:37 AM
    Norbex is free.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...sundays-732895

=) That is why and also the fact we have channels that people are generally more interested in (locally).
    07-09-12 01:46 AM
    Could you add this station to the Philly one?

gdradio.net - streaming Grateful Dead and more!
    ignites likes this.
    07-09-12 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the larger buttons in the upgrade - working well! Much appreciated.
    ignites likes this.
    07-09-12 01:55 PM
    Love the app and the upgrade for bigger buttons. I'd like to suggest removing or at least an option to remove the confirmation screen that requires a press of Ok once you have selected a channel but before it will load. I know once I press the button it will load, I want to just be able to select a channel and put the PlayBook down and listen to it.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    ignites likes this.
    07-09-12 03:35 PM
    Could you add this station to the Philly one?

gdradio.net - streaming Grateful Dead and more!
    Sorry those extensions arent supported by the PlayBook. If I find a workaroudn/solution i'll definitely add them in!
    07-09-12 03:54 PM
    Love the app and the upgrade for bigger buttons. I'd like to suggest removing or at least an option to remove the confirmation screen that requires a press of Ok once you have selected a channel but before it will load. I know once I press the button it will load, I want to just be able to select a channel and put the PlayBook down and listen to it.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Hi Mike, thanks for purchasing my app. The reason the prompt is there is because if I were to remove it and someone decided to click on a few stations right after each other the app will freeze (memory issue). So this is the work around I chose to use. Let me know if you have another idea. I know its a 'silly' work around but experience tells me if the app freezes even if it isnt my fault, it becomes my problems (when people start writing bad reviews on appworld). I'm glad you enjoy the larger buttons, let me know if they are any other issues!

Thanks!
    07-09-12 03:58 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD