Hi can someone explain how to pen pdf's in qpdf viewer? I just loaded it and the home page is a white screen with a few icons on the bottom. When I go into what i think is the "open" folder, the folders that are available don't have my pdf's in them (i use these currently in adobe pdf). If anyone could walk me through importing thise pdf's that would be great.

Also, loaded android pdf viewer, it lists a bunch of folders on a purple screen; are the pdf's to be found in one of these folders?

Thanks for any help!
    06-27-12 10:32 AM
    Inside qPDF, when you click the "open" folder, what do you see at the top left of the screen? It should be something of the form "/accounts/1000/..."

Cheers,
    06-27-12 10:52 AM
    Hi , no, it actually says /sdcard
    06-27-12 11:14 AM
    Are the PDFs you want to access stored on your Playbook or are they on your BB?
    06-27-12 11:16 AM
    qPDF's file browser only "sees" the SD card folders. So you can either create a folder in the SD card and put your PDFs in there, or you can navigate to your PDFs using Ghost Commander, click on the file, and Ghost will give you the option to open the file with qPDF.
    06-27-12 11:18 AM
    1) pdf's are on the playbook

2) what is ghost commander? should i download and install?
    06-27-12 11:22 AM
    In qPDF, do you see an "Up a level" selection in your list of folders?
    06-27-12 11:27 AM
    In qPDF, do you see an "Up a level" selection in your list of folders?
    yes I do, but when i press it it doesn't go anywhere
    06-27-12 11:32 AM
    Strange. I guess I can access more parts of the file system on my Playbook than you. I don't know why that would be the case. Maybe it's because I've enabled Developer Mode on my device. I'm stumped on this one. I'll have to leave it for someone smarter than me.
    06-27-12 11:47 AM
    Ghost Commander is an android file browser that is available for free in app world. It's also probably the best available file browser available for the PB (Files and Folders fans notwithstanding).
    Last edited by pacoman03; 06-27-12 at 12:04 PM.
    06-27-12 12:02 PM
    Hi, unfortunately in ghost commander it says "/sdcard" in the top left hand corner too. How do I navigate to the pdf's?
    06-27-12 12:38 PM
    Hi, unfortunately in ghost commander it says "/sdcard" in the top left hand corner too. How do I navigate to the pdf's?
    In Ghost, from the home screen, there should be an entry called Playbook Media. You can click on that to access the PB documents folder. Or, if you're in the /sdcard folder, if you scroll to the top, there should be an icon or a folder with no name and a with small arrow in it. Tap this and it will take you up a level.
    06-27-12 12:55 PM
    In Ghost, from the home screen, there should be an entry called Playbook Media. You can click on that to access the PB documents folder. Or, if you're in the /sdcard folder, if you scroll to the top, there should be an icon or a folder with no name and a with small arrow in it. Tap this and it will take you up a level.
    I'm at that screen, but there's no "playbook media" icon
    06-27-12 01:00 PM
    I'm at that screen, but there's no "playbook media" icon
    Post a screenshot, so I can see what you're talking about.
    06-27-12 01:03 PM
    Haha, ok, how do I do that? lol sorry new at a lot of this
    06-27-12 01:14 PM
    Press your volume up and volume down buttons at the top of your PB at the same time. You'll hear a click after releasing these buttons and a screen shot will be saved to your "Camera" folder.
    06-27-12 01:18 PM
    Press your volume up and volume down buttons at the top of your PB at the same time. You'll hear a click after releasing these buttons and a screen shot will be saved to your "Camera" folder.
    Ok, here you go. One for qpdf and two from android pdf. On a side note, the circular arrow on my browser brings up history instead of refreshing, why is that?
    06-30-12 10:03 AM
    Ok, here you go. One for qpdf and two from android pdf. On a side note, the circular arrow on my browser brings up history instead of refreshing, why is that?
    Based on your pics, in qPDF you just need to press the .. button to go up a level. Then navigate to accounts/1000/shared Another option is to just get Pdf Reader, its native!

Full Disclosure: I am the developer of Pdf Reader.

Nic
    06-30-12 11:23 AM
    Hi actually that's the problem there is no accounts folder
    06-30-12 06:24 PM
    Keep going up a level till you can't go any further. Accounts should be there.
    06-30-12 06:33 PM
    Unfortunately I have done that and there is no accounts folder
    06-30-12 07:22 PM
    Unfortunately I have done that and there is no accounts folder
    Try tapping .. twice. It should take you to the top level directory of the device and the path at the top left should just say "/". From there, you'll see the "accounts" folder and will be able to get to your documents that way. Just remember to save documents in the /sdcard/download directory since that's the only place we have full permissions to write to.
    07-02-12 09:46 AM
    Try tapping .. twice. It should take you to the top level directory of the device and the path at the top left should just say "/". From there, you'll see the "accounts" folder and will be able to get to your documents that way. Just remember to save documents in the /sdcard/download directory since that's the only place we have full permissions to write to.
    Doesn't work sadly. It will not go past the "/sdcard" level. any other ideas?
    07-05-12 08:12 AM
    Do you have the latest version from the App World or did you sideload a converted APK from the Android market?
    Also, are you using Bridge, or is this just on the playbook itself?
    07-05-12 08:34 AM
    Do you have the latest version from the App World or did you sideload a converted APK from the Android market?
    Also, are you using Bridge, or is this just on the playbook itself?
    It's the sideloaded version, and just on the playbook
    07-05-12 08:56 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD