Distance wise is there a limitation to the video chat app? So from here in Chicago can I chat with someone in let's say Costa Rica? Also is it independent from wifi/tethering? Never used it before, but thinking about giving my parents a PB so we can chat.
    02-10-12 03:33 PM
    Distance wise is there a limitation to the video chat app? So from here in Chicago can I chat with someone in let's say Costa Rica? Also is it independent from wifi/tethering? Never used it before, but thinking about giving my parents a PB so we can chat.
    I could be wrong but I think the video chat feature in the PlayBook will allow you to chat with another PlayBook user regardless of where they are in the world.... as long as you both have a Wifi connection. I'm not sure if the video chat feature will work through the current version (or future version) of the BB Bridge app. Hopefully that answered your questions.
    02-10-12 03:51 PM
    no, its like skype. (except playbook to playbook) so no, no limitations!

SO chat away
    02-10-12 03:52 PM
    Awesome! thanks guys
    02-10-12 04:12 PM
    I've only used it the length of the UK which isn't very far to you guys but it worked so sweet. I bought one for my daughter and she loved the fact she and her sisters could talk to me without having to set up the camera on our desktop.
    02-10-12 04:13 PM
    yep, no problems with distance as long as you have a decent internet speed. I regularly video chat from here (Ontario) to Nova Scotia.
    02-10-12 04:38 PM
    I use it all the time to chat with my sister who is on the other side of the world from me....almost litteraly....There is an 11 hour time difference between us.
    02-10-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD