Is there anyway to download/subscribe to podcasts that don't appear in the app itself? On my torch I was able to enter the webaddress of the RSS feed for the podcasts I want and they download automatically.

On my playbook the podcasts don't show up in the search and I can't find anyway to use the RSS feed website.

I can use the RSS website to download the podcasts individually but that kind of defeats the purpose of a podcast app.
    04-21-11 02:21 AM
    I was unable to find a way. Wishing for one too!
    04-21-11 12:33 PM
    yes... i was looking for this myself. Im going to leave feedback about this. I like the app overall... except that part is a deal breaker for me. Hopefully they will add it in soon.
    04-21-11 12:49 PM
    Add one more vote here for the ability to add your own podcast URLs.. Lame that they don't include that.

I noticed that the Chatterbox news reader doesn't let you add your own RSS feeds either..

What were these developers thinking??
    04-21-11 12:52 PM
    I haven't found a way to load them into BB podcasts, but PodcastMgr in the appstore is easy to add feeds to. You have to click save for each podcast episode to save it to the device but it works quick and easy. Easy to use but really lacking in any features except add podcast and listen.
    04-21-11 01:15 PM
    it was probably just an oversight, I'm sure it will be added it soon.
    04-25-11 06:30 PM
    works for me. i added the dean blundell show podcast to it and it wasnt in the app

**edit** nevermind i did search for it. for some reason i am remembering back to when i had to add it on my torch
    sorry my bad
    Last edited by carey965; 04-25-11 at 06:35 PM.
    04-25-11 06:32 PM
    I haven't found a way to load them into BB podcasts, but PodcastMgr in the appstore is easy to add feeds to. You have to click save for each podcast episode to save it to the device but it works quick and easy. Easy to use but really lacking in any features except add podcast and listen.
    Actually I think Podcast Mgr has a glitch, too, because I gave it a valid URL (triple checked my spelling!) and it reads "not loaded"
    Podcast Pal on the other hand accepts the URL but the play etc.buttons don't function (flicker on and off when the episode is selected, don't take any inputs)
    So methinks there is still work to do here.
    Chuck_W likes this.
    04-25-11 07:20 PM
    I am sincerely hoping that the Playbook version of the Podcast app gets the update that was just released for the phone version of the podcast app:

BlackBerry Podcasts 1.5 now available | CrackBerry.com

This is exactley what we need for the Playbook.
    04-25-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD