I've become interested with application development, but I'm having some troubled deciding which language and sdk/ide I want to work with.

There's little information regarding developing apps for iOS, Android and playbook OS. I was wondering, since there's the android player on the Playbook now, is there a reason to develop native PB apps if I can just repackage android apps for App World instead.

I have no coding experience outside of some basic html, however I figured if I'm gonna start developing some apps, I might as well do it right and be able to develop for all mobile platforms. Any suggestions for languages, programs or good books to pick up would be greatly appreciated.
    03-30-12 07:14 PM
    Even if you do it multiplatform there's multiple ways to do it with or without relying on the android player.

You could use a multi-platform sdk like Marmalade.
    03-30-12 07:22 PM
    My suggestion would be to go to the developer forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-developers-f9/
    03-30-12 07:26 PM
    Thanks, i didn't know there was a development forum. Marmalade looks really cool and it supports a ton of Operating systems.

Can a mod please move this to the dev forum?
    Last edited by jakester125; 03-30-12 at 08:03 PM. Reason: request for move
    03-30-12 08:02 PM
    Thanks, i didn't know there was a development forum. Marmalade looks really cool and it supports a ton of Operating systems.

Can a mod please move this to the dev forum?
    You will find the official development forums at RIM are also useful - much better attended by experienced developers and newbies just starting out.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/air/

Here is the "getting started" page for AIR (a cross-platform technology). Scroll to the bottom for links to forums and other resources.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-31-12 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD