So...what happens if games like this come out for the PlayBook that take advantage of BBM and Video Chat APIs?
    05-05-11 09:10 AM
    Hang on.. much better video getting posted shortly on the blogs here. Uploading now to youtube.

Here's the CrackBerry video: http://crackberry.com/video-demo-mul...kberry-tablet-
    05-05-11 09:22 AM
    Cool.......
    05-05-11 09:31 AM
    Did it hit App World? Don't say "wait for the summer" ...
    05-05-11 09:33 AM
    I remember seeing Quake 3 on the original playbook demos a few months ago. Is this coming out soon? I cant wait!
    05-05-11 09:56 AM
    That is SO FRACKING COOL!!!!!!! Or should I say FRAGGING cool!!!!!!
    05-05-11 10:22 AM
    The one bit of info we are all missing is WHEN CAN WE PLAY WITH IT???

I'd gladly put up with bugs to get to play with this in its current state!

Pretty please, RIM?
    05-05-11 10:40 AM
    That is SO FRACKING COOL!!!!!!! Or should I say FRAGGING cool!!!!!!
    We need to have a Moderator Deathmatch lol...
    05-05-11 10:40 AM
    Here's the CrackBerry Post

http://crackberry.com/video-demo-mul...kberry-tablet-
    05-05-11 10:48 AM
    We need to have a Moderator Deathmatch lol...
    The winner gets an "I FRACKING FRAGGED Kevin!" Teeshirt! But be warned I camp!
    05-05-11 11:09 AM
    Being a Playbook owner is a very strange experience! I look at it and think "you know, some day you really are going to be an amazing tablet". It's almost like a kid rather than a piece of electronic equipment.
    05-05-11 11:41 AM
    Being a Playbook owner is a very strange experience! I look at it and think "you know, some day you really are going to be an amazing tablet". It's almost like a kid rather than a piece of electronic equipment.
    Mozart, BUT he was only just born, you KNOW he's gonna be great some day, but right now all he can do is bang on the keys, and he crys a LOT!
    Brazen9000 likes this.
    05-05-11 11:49 AM
    So are they actually going to release this at some point or is this just something fun the Devs are keeping to themselves? Maybe I missed that, but I didn't hear anything about a release.
    05-05-11 11:53 AM
    In the video they called it a "proof of concept" which in NO way indicates it will EVER see the light of day as a release. HOWEVER, since they did it, and ID knows they did it, it's just the matter of them saying yes, OK, sell or give it away, we'll give or sell you an official license. Lets all hope it gets done, BUT rest assured if not, certainly other similar shooters WILL get released with the quake engine, or the unreal engine, etc.

EDIT: Can anyone tell I still miss my old quake playing days?
    05-05-11 11:58 AM
    you can already play quake 3 on android as multiplayer i think so i dont see why you cant get it on teh playbook if Id/activsion wants to develop for it
    05-05-11 12:58 PM
    With Quake 3 being open source and if judging by what they said about it being a pretty straightforward port I think that even i they don't release it, after the NDK comes out someone will definitely port it.
    05-05-11 01:38 PM
    Unreal Tournament was a better game but I'd still buy/play Quake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 07:22 PM
    LOL - how I loved UT! Competitive matches, great times. I actually won $500 in a tournament. That was a fantastic game.
    05-05-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD