@catwoman66, we're thinking about it - still undecided at this point, though!
    I'll buy it again if you do make one, for both of my pb's
    03-15-12 10:59 PM
    @karen qpdf would you guys consider making a native app? I would then consider buying something like this, but not as an android ported as it takes away a lot of advantages the PB has over other OS's i.e. multitasking. It's nice to see devs being active on these forums, and those of you who are active this pays off, but native would be even more a success
    I would also love to see this as a native app.
    03-18-12 03:55 AM
    Hopefully SignMyPad Android works on Playbook - haven't tried it yet though.
    03-20-12 01:55 PM
    @karen qpdf would you guys consider making a native app? I would then consider buying something like this, but not as an android ported as it takes away a lot of advantages the PB has over other OS's i.e. multitasking. It's nice to see devs being active on these forums, and those of you who are active this pays off, but native would be even more a success
    Agreed. I'd definately be interested in a native app, but not android ported :/ I use one android app on my PB, only because I have no other choice, and I don't use it as much as I would if it were native.

Still thanks so much Karen to you and your team for getting a decent PDF reader over here, we sure needed one !!! When you are contiplating writing a native app for the platform, keep in mind you'll soon have the BB10 phones using the same platform.
    03-20-12 02:48 PM
    I just downloaded the free version based on the comments to try it before purchasing the full version. It was a cumbersome process but I was was expecting great things. All I want to do is read school text books in .pdf format that require a login and password to unlock. Adobe can't perform this task in the PB viewer.

Unfortunately neither can qPDF viewer. The app cannot load the textbook. I waited 20 minutes and stopped and restarted the process but no change.... I could almost cry... admittedly it is a large file, but really????

Frustrated
    05-04-12 08:12 PM
    What is difference between your PDF Reader and Default Playbook reader?
    I want to buy...
    05-05-12 09:06 AM
    Just downloaded the update for qpdf notes from appworld, and now the thing won't launch! I just get a black screen.

I tried restarting, and deleting and re-installing the app with the same result! Is anybody else having issues?
    05-07-12 01:36 PM
    Just downloaded the update for qpdf notes from appworld, and now the thing won't launch! I just get a black screen.

I tried restarting, and deleting and re-installing the app with the same result! Is anybody else having issues?
    me too going to restart and try again.

EDIT:

restarted still blackscreen
    Last edited by LuayS; 05-07-12 at 02:02 PM.
    symbotier likes this.
    05-07-12 01:55 PM
    me too going to restart and try again.

EDIT:

restarted still blackscreen
    Let's see if our $10 bought us a quick response to a big problem...

This seems to be the place to report problems: http://www.qoppa.com/corporate/contact.html
    Last edited by symbotier; 05-07-12 at 02:11 PM.
    LuayS likes this.
    05-07-12 02:06 PM
    Ya, the update killed it also the viewer app is no longer in App world just the Notes version.

I just downloaded the free version based on the comments to try it before purchasing the full version. It was a cumbersome process but I was was expecting great things. All I want to do is read school text books in .pdf format that require a login and password to unlock. Adobe can't perform this task in the PB viewer.

Unfortunately neither can qPDF viewer. The app cannot load the textbook. I waited 20 minutes and stopped and restarted the process but no change.... I could almost cry... admittedly it is a large file, but really????

Frustrated
    I have zero idea how it will pan out in the long run but there's a new pdf program called "PDF Reader" simply enough that has been able to open 400+ page PDFs of mine that no other app has been able to, they're a mess of layers and images. It costs $0.99 and has almost zero usability (unless I missed it there's no "next page" option, you have to swipe down and then move the location bar at the bottom of the page) but the app description say the next update will be faster and more usable.
    05-07-12 02:44 PM
    I had the blackscreen on opening issue. I just deleted within app world and reinstalled and all seems to be up to snuff again. Seems to have improved the performance. Less lag on my scanned text books.
    05-07-12 03:54 PM
    I got an email from the Qoppa support people. They said they had an 'issue with the Playbook update framework' and that the solution was to:

1) Delete the app.
    2) Restart your Playbook
    3) Reinstall from within Appworld

I followed these instructions & got the new version working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using the Crackberry Forums App.
    marka351 and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-08-12 01:33 AM
    Hi everyone! Sorry about this issue - we're trying to figure out what caused it, but the steps @symbotier posted do seem to resolve it.

1. Open App world. Click “My World” tab at the top. Click “Installed” tap in the upper right. Scroll to “qPDF Notes” and press “Delete” button.
    2. Restart device.
    3. Re-install qPDF Notes.

This will teach me to go on vacation for a weekend
    05-08-12 07:03 AM
    Confirmed, this fix works for me too.

Very speedy file-handling in new update! Nice!
    05-09-12 11:13 AM
    So... does this have bookmarks?
    05-09-12 03:16 PM
    Not yet - we just started work on that today, though, so it'll be in the next release
    05-09-12 03:22 PM
    Cool. I'll buy a copy once you've got them worked out.
    05-09-12 03:40 PM
    I'll buy a copy once there is a native PlayBook version. I don't like dealing with the Android player.

Bookmark support is a MUST, as is a search function and being able to fill in forms.

It's hard to gauge the success of qPDF on the PlayBook if the only version is the Android version. A lot of people who would normally buy a PDF reader with good functionality will skip over it if it is only available as an Android version.

The Android player really is a stopgap and makes the otherwise slick PlayBook app experience somewhat fiddly.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-09-12 05:31 PM
    The Android version is fast and reliable in my experience.

With go to page number and search bookmarks are hardly even needed.

It does forms, text and graphics annotations, sticky notes and digital signatures.

In case you can't tell, I'm a fan!
    dusdal and karen qpdf like this.
    05-09-12 08:01 PM
    The Android version is fast and reliable in my experience.

With go to page number and search bookmarks are hardly even needed.

It does forms, text and graphics annotations, sticky notes and digital signatures.

In case you can't tell, I'm a fan!
    The Android version isn't even loading for me...

And I highly disagree about the bookmarks - if you have a 10 page document, then perhaps they're not needed. If you have manuals or other technical documents that are hundreds, if not thousands of pages big then bookmark support is mandatory.
    05-09-12 08:20 PM
    Oh, and I need to be able to have multiple documents open at the same time. If they could be loaded in "tabs" that would be best.
    05-09-12 08:21 PM
    Buy the app. Support the developer and this will help them understand there is real interest from people who value value.

"I'll buy it when..." is kind of for an excellent app, only $10, that fills a huge hole for people who use pdf files for business. Android version works fine, so no need for blind bias.

I bought the app and have never regretted it. Each update just makes it better!
    Last edited by Brianflys; 05-09-12 at 09:05 PM.
    karen qpdf likes this.
    05-09-12 08:55 PM
    The Android version isn't even loading for me...

And I highly disagree about the bookmarks - if you have a 10 page document, then perhaps they're not needed. If you have manuals or other technical documents that are hundreds, if not thousands of pages big then bookmark support is mandatory.
    Agree that bookmarks are very useful for large documents. Sounds like they are working on adding this feature.

But Android version does load fine. Just did the delete, restart, reinstall. New edition very fast.

Thanks!!
    05-09-12 08:58 PM
    Has anyone tried this app (free or paid) using dynamic fillable pdf forms? I tried the free version, but it was unable to open the form I need to use. The form has fillable fields that expand as the data is typed into them.
    Thanks
    Dave
    05-10-12 08:11 AM
    @BioDave1955 I responded by email, but so everyone else knows the answer too: We support static forms (saved from LiveCycle) and are currently working on calculations for a future release. But any static fillable form should work just fine!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-10-12 09:02 AM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD