At this point, I'm not sure how that would work! I don't know if there's a mechanism to update an Android app to a Playbook Native app within the Appworld. It's definitely a bridge we will wait to cross until we come to it
    If and when this app does go native I'll definitely be one of the first in line.
    Nicola likes this.
    09-16-12 02:25 PM
    Try saving the doc to /sdcard/download and you'll be able to see it on your computer and attach it to an email!

hello karen, i have a qpdf app, and after read and edit 75 pag ,for now i can see the document in the directory but i cannot attach in a mail or see from the computer..
    the documet was originally protec and i used a share programs in web , for remove the protecci�n..after that i used qpdf.: Eek:
    can you help me?
    best
    09-28-12 09:33 AM
    Having a problem with this file:
    www.metrovancouver.org/about/maps/Maps/Pacificspiritmap.pdf
    Error Loading: java.lang.NullPointerException
    10-17-12 02:12 AM
    That'll be fixed in our upcoming release (just a couple of weeks to go!).

If you'd like a version that will work until then, email me at qpdfsupport at qoppa dot com and I can send you an updated copy

Having a problem with this file:
    www.metrovancouver.org/about/maps/Maps/Pacificspiritmap.pdf
    Error Loading: java.lang.NullPointerException
    MPG Vancouver likes this.
    10-17-12 07:25 AM
    Decided to buy and it was definitely worth the purchase, albeit at UK price... Only issue is that some Pdf images are not shown and just displays a large red X.

Not too much of an issue as the text is most important such as ft.com pdfs...
    10-20-12 03:19 AM
    That'll be fixed in our upcoming release (just a couple of weeks to go!).

If you'd like a version that will work until then, email me at qpdfsupport at qoppa dot com and I can send you an updated copy
    First, I gotta say it's great to see a app developer active in the crackberry forums community. After reading all the posts and seeing how active you are in this forum, I decided to give the qPDF Playbook app a try.

It is truly an amazing app....100x better than the native adobe app. I rated the app in App World...I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 only b/c it's an android port and not native developed app. If a native app came out, I would happily give this app 5 stars. Really nicely done! keep up the great work and I hope this will make it to BlackBerry 10 phones come Jan
    karen qpdf likes this.
    10-20-12 02:24 PM
    Just downloaded this today. Haven't had a lot of time to look at it as it is only 8:00 am.
    Can you have multiple pdfs open at the same time?
    I have a friend who needs this functionality.
    10-24-12 06:57 AM
    If he downloads this, then he can have two open by using the native reader +qPDF open.
    10-24-12 08:44 AM
    @michaelatkinson, that's unfortunately due to a lack of complete support of all Android code. We're hoping they expand their support with the next OS update, though. If you can get the PDFs images in RGB vs CMYK, they should work just fine for you! (this has historically been an issue with some iOS PDF apps, as well, actually, which is how I eventually figured out how to fix the issue)

@ClassyBOLD, Glad you gave us a try, and thanks for the review!

@timmy t, not yet! It's something we get asked for occasionally, but at this point, we have no good way of doing it without hurting performance or making the background document completely reload once it gets focus again. If you only need to annotate one of the documents, you can get both qPDF Notes and qPDF Viewer (it's free!) and switch between the two as needed.

And, to everyone else - I updated my avatar here to give a little tease at the next release. Among TONS of amazing new features (seriously, you guys are gonna love it), we gave the UI a makeover as well, and it looks awesome.
    spiculated likes this.
    10-29-12 02:16 PM
    I bought the app yesterday (qPDF Notes) and it is fantastic! Worked great in filling out a form for health insurance sign up at work. Well worth the $4.99!
    11-08-12 09:51 PM
    Hey Karen, I would like to know, if releasing the app on playbook was a gain for ur company?
    11-11-12 06:53 PM
    @DaedalusIcarusHelios - If you think it's great now, wait til you see if after the update! It's sitting with RIM now for them to approve the release, so it should be any day/minute now

@roydebatzen - I'm not quite sure what you're wanting to know here...
    11-12-12 11:29 AM
    this is weird. I created pdf with pdf creator ultimate. each time I want to open it with qpdf I get message "missing root catalog". but the file open just fine with native pdf viewer.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-13-12 05:35 AM
    could you send the PDF to qpdfsupport at qoppa dot com?
    11-13-12 10:55 AM
    I just downloaded the 3.0 update. It looks great! Keep up the good work.

Edit: Oops. Just noticed my version is a demo, with instructions that the full version can be purchased from the Market.
    Last edited by MPG Vancouver; 11-16-12 at 12:25 AM.
    11-13-12 12:12 PM
    Hi qPDF,

I just upgraded from 2.4 to 3.0, but was charged another $4.99. Is that correct? Are you intending to charge for the upgrade?

Thanks,
    11-13-12 01:12 PM
    Just downloaded the 3.0 version and it works great and smooth, unlike some other ported Android apps. Thanks a bunch Karen and team!

On another note, I wonder whether your company is a Korean one? Just realized the "oppa" in your email address...lol
    11-14-12 04:08 AM
    Hi qPDF,

I just upgraded from 2.4 to 3.0, but was charged another $4.99. Is that correct? Are you intending to charge for the upgrade?

Thanks,
    I just upgraded and it says I'm running the demo.
    11-15-12 12:07 AM
    Loving the upgraded qPdf and UI... Well done!
    11-21-12 02:04 AM
    Is this app still being supported/ going to receive updates?

I bought it yesterday in the urgent need for markup/highlight and annotation options. I was expecting the highlighting would work like the typical marking In other apps (hold on a word and after a moment little marks appear which can be slided to exact points) but that's not the case. Instead, a rectangle has to be drawn which's complete content gets highlighted. Is there a way to change the way it works? If not: Is it at least possible to change the rectangle dimensions or dragging it around afterwards?

Other things I`d like to see:
    - Bigger boxes when writing annotations. Especially those when using a highlight tool are too small.
    - Now, a double tap on a highlighted spot makes the annotation appear for a brief moment. It should either stay until other things are touched or be readable completely in the annotation bar. Like you tap on the bar entry and are taken to the highlighted spot (as it is right now) but when you tap twice on the bar entry the complete annotation text folds out right beneath it.
    - It should be possible to copy from PDFs.
    - It`d be great if it was possible to export all annotations into a doc.
    03-28-13 04:57 AM
    Yes!

We've got a release coming out in the next few weeks that will improve form filling and the file manager aspect (along with a ton of other smaller things). After that, we are going to improve the annotation properties/notes and text highlighting with handles, etc.

To select an annotation, just tap it once - double tapping zooms in on the page. You can also see the list of annotations in the comments pane (tap the star in the action bar), and select them from the list that way!
    Rjinswand and yellowhammer like this.
    03-29-13 01:06 PM
    Oh, and one more thing I should've mentioned! We are available for BB10 devices, so if you've gotten your Z10 already, be sure and get qPDF Notes on it
    dimm0k likes this.
    04-01-13 10:20 AM
    Forgetting that I had tried qPDF Viewer I bought qPDF Notes. It works nicely on my smaller PDF files, but I also have some that are in the 70MB range. I don't know if it's a problem with the document or if the reader just can't handle the larger file.

It opens fine in the other readers.
    Herve5 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:50 AM
    Very large or complicated documents tend to muck up the works on occasion. I suspect it's a combination of the Playbook's somewhat limited memory and the sandboxing of an Android port that does this. Sometimes splitting the document into smaller pieces helps get around this.
    04-04-13 10:12 AM
    I just downloaded qPDF notes and I've been having some problems opening pdfs. Whether I download them on my computer and transfer them to my blackberry playbook or download directly on it, they won't open. I've opened the pdfs on my computer and they look fine, so I don't know what the problem is. The message I get is, "enable to find pdf file trailer". Does anyone know how I can fix this? Also the pdf will open on the native adobe reader app.

thanks!
    Last edited by allison_brown; 09-18-13 at 02:24 PM.
    09-18-13 02:05 PM
127 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD