1. polar slide was updated. purchased it for .99

2. downloaded. when installing got error 0008. emailed developer and they have to release new version to resolve issue.

3. new version came out. wants to charge .99 again. refreshed list but still wants to charge. checked paypal and my last payment of .99 went through.

4. what do i do? i dont want to buy it twice! i dont have the game at all any more but ive paid for it!

10-28-11 12:28 AM

2. downloaded. when installing got error 0008. emailed developer and they have to release new version to resolve issue.

3. new version came out. wants to charge .99 again. refreshed list but still wants to charge. checked paypal and my last payment of .99 went through.

4. what do i do? i dont want to buy it twice! i dont have the game at all any more but ive paid for it!

Tell the developer! If it was me, Id offer a refund. Or offer to add you to my non-payment sandbox list. If you go to the sqndbox though you are never charged fof any of the developers apps and your really a beta tester at that point. But they will probably be happy to help!
    10-28-11 12:43 AM
    App World has been having issues lately, this is the 4th app that I know of (all from different developers) that have had the 0008 error, and the 2nd that has asked the customer to pay again.

Not sure what is going on, but I hope they get it fixed soon. Developers need all the help they can get at this point, and issues like this aren't good at all.
    10-28-11 01:14 AM

I had the same experience.
    I ended up deleting it. And then I went to re-install it.
    It wanted to charge the 0.99. So I just entered my paypal password and hit enter.
    After that a dialog popped up and said that I had already purchased the app and it allowed me to download again. Perhaps you can try and see if this also happens to you.
    10-28-11 02:00 AM
    Same for Game : The last Stand Zombie HERE. Need REFUND, they want to charge me again
    10-28-11 03:01 AM
    App World has been having issues lately, this is the 4th app that I know of (all from different developers) that have had the 0008 error, and the 2nd that has asked the customer to pay again.

Not sure what is going on, but I hope they get it fixed soon. Developers need all the help they can get at this point, and issues like this aren't good at all.
    Why do you assume it's AppWorld's fault?

It's actually the developers. They are not correctly signing their apps before submitting to AppWorld.

See this thread: Install Error: [0008] - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    KermEd likes this.
    10-28-11 11:53 PM
    That is exactly it. RIM uses a lot of virtualization. They assume the developer has at least tested an app install on heir devices and they found some partially signed apps install on their (RIM) test machines.

These guys are not truly testing the apps they submitted and signing them improperly. And they are complaining that RIM did not test it fully for them. I think these guys need to learn to test their own apps better. Sounds rough but Im just saying, I test my apps on 3 different OS's every release. Because if I am taking a dollar from someone I make sure I earn it and I anticipate everything I can...

edit: ... I know a.lot of guys test stuff like me so I just worry it will make people lose faith i buying apps befause of a few bad apples.
    10-29-11 01:41 AM
    I had the same experience.
    I ended up deleting it. And then I went to re-install it.
    It wanted to charge the 0.99. So I just entered my paypal password and hit enter.
    After that a dialog popped up and said that I had already purchased the app and it allowed me to download again. Perhaps you can try and see if this also happens to you.
    I had a similar experience, but didn't delete the original app. The payment dialog came up saying I would be charged 0.99 and I just clicked OK hoping that the backend would pick up the double purchase. [If it had been a 6.99 app, I wouldn't have! LOL]. It all installed OK this time.

Perhaps not unexpectedly, I have been charged twice. 2nd appworld notification email received.

So... if you get this error. The lesson seems to be: Make sure you delete the original app before installing the upgrade!
    10-29-11 04:08 AM
    Why do you assume it's AppWorld's fault?

It's actually the developers. They are not correctly signing their apps before submitting to AppWorld.

See this thread: Install Error: [0008] - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I assumed it's App World's (RIM's, of course, since App World isn't a person lol) fault as I'd never seen the error before, then suddenly 5 different apps in 2 days popped up with it. A couple were apps that have been around for months and had updates, the others were new, all different developers. The common denominator was App World.
    If I'm wrong, than my apologies to RIM, I suppose. Maybe both developers and whoever handles app submissions for App World should both be more stringent on their testing? (Obviously not speaking of the developers who do test thoroughly and don't have this issue.) Yes, it is the developer's responsibility to make sure their app really is ready to go when it's submitted, but there should be checks in place to ensure that it doesn't go live if it's not able to be installed.

I agree with you too KermEd - bad apples will spoil the bunch. We need all the developers and (quality) apps we can get on the PlayBook, so I hope situations such as this won't deter either developers or customers.

Anyhow, just my ramble-y two cents.
    10-30-11 12:45 AM
    That makes me afraid, I use Credit Card directly, which gives less proof documents of payments :S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 05:23 AM
    That makes me afraid, I use Credit Card directly, which gives less proof documents of payments :S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Don't you get the AppWorld email confirming the purchase regardless of CC or Paypal route? I'm sure the email would be acceptable proof.

I doubt it's worth losing sleep over this or being afraid to use AppWorld, the workaround seems simple. On the hopefully rare occasions you get the error message, delete the original app and re-install from scratch. That way AppWorld realises that you have already paid and won't charge you again.
    10-30-11 06:02 AM
    I emailed the developer. He refunded me .99 cents. Lol. In the end, I know it's only a buck, but still.
    10-30-11 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD