So is this basically the emulator refresh project or what i dont get the difference between the two?
    This is a MULTI emulator (5-in-1), emulator refresh adds cool features to existing emulators.
    Last edited by jacobmathias; 04-27-12 at 11:59 AM.
    04-27-12 11:41 AM
    This is a MULTI emulator (5-in-1), emulator refresh adds cool features to existing emulators.
    They both add features to the existing emulators. They both aim to add key bindings, customisable controls and a graphical UI.
    The point of emumaster is that it does all of these at the same time with reusable code. Update the configurations once and it's for all emus.

And for anyone saying 'but emumaster is five emulators in one'. No, it is a front-end. The emulators are essentially plug-ins (they are separate apps!) that are added and called by emumaster when required. The emulators used aren't unique to emumaster and actually have their own source repositories. This is why we can re-use the community emulator ports in emumaster.
    04-27-12 09:10 PM
    Hello,
    I am creator of original EmuMaster. I want to clarify some things.
    Original EmuMaster is not front-end only. It's frontend+backends.
    This port will essantially differ in experience since different backends are used. It's a whole different thing. This port only looks and has similar functionality and same intent, but is essentially different from original EmuMaster.
    My backends are essential in my project, and they integrate seamlessly in my application. Therefore the user does not see a difference between nes,gba,psx .... emulations at all.
    I have to just warn you that it's not EmuMaster at all. The frontend used here is only a small amount of work put into the project.

I wish well to this project, but I wanted to clarify above things.
    Kind regards,
    elemental
    04-28-12 05:39 AM
    Hello,
    I am creator of original EmuMaster. I want to clarify some things.
    Original EmuMaster is not front-end only. It's frontend+backends.
    As mentioned in first post.

This port will essantially differ in experience since different backends are used. It's a whole different thing. This port only looks and has similar functionality and same intent, but is essentially different from original EmuMaster. My backends are essential in my project, and they integrate seamlessly in my application. Therefore the user does not see a difference between nes,gba,psx .... emulations at all.
    The same backends are currently used but just not displayed due to Playbook issue (which may be resolved in next firmware version).
    The seamless integration is the same goal of this port and will be achieved in final version.

I have to just warn you that it's not EmuMaster at all. The frontend used here is only a small amount of work put into the project.
    I wish well to this project, but I wanted to clarify above things.
    Kind regards,
    elemental
    To clarify, the source repository from elemental is being compiled as-is with both front-end and back-ends provided. The source code is as given by elemental's github.
    The work I have done is porting Meego libs to Playbook which has made this possible by (essentially) disabling DBus and changing width/height in Qt Components.

As stated in first post, the back-ends (currently by elemental) will eventually be replaced with more playbook-tuned community ports due to emumaster's method of calling external emulators (back-ends). I'd also respectfully disagree that the front-end is only a 'small amount of work put into the project' as it is most definitely the majority of work with the back-ends having their own community source repositories that simply require integration with libbase for config settings (which is how the other emulators are possible in the first place).

Currently, while not functioning as desired, it is just emumaster (as given by elemental). If there was any confusion, it functions correctly on the N9 of course.
    Last edited by xsacha; 04-28-12 at 06:21 AM.
    04-28-12 06:13 AM
    As mentioned in first post.

The same backends are currently used but just not displayed due to Playbook issue (which may be resolved in next firmware version).
    The seamless integration is the same goal of this port and will be achieved in final version.

To clarify, the source repository from elemental is being compiled as-is with both front-end and back-ends provided. The source code is as given by elemental's github.
    The work I have done is porting Meego libs to Playbook which has made this possible by (essentially) disabling DBus and changing width/height in Qt Components.

As stated in first post, the back-ends (currently by elemental) will eventually be replaced with more playbook-tuned community ports due to emumaster's method of calling external emulators (back-ends). I'd also respectfully disagree that the front-end is only a 'small amount of work put into the project' as it is most definitely the majority of work with the back-ends having their own community source repositories that simply require integration with libbase for config settings (which is how the other emulators are possible in the first place).

Currently, while not functioning as desired, it is just emumaster (as given by elemental). If there was any confusion, it functions correctly on the N9 of course.
    so we have to wait till next firmware update for issues to be resolved?
    04-28-12 04:07 PM
    so we have to wait till next firmware update for issues to be resolved?
    The alternative is that the emulators are built in to emumaster instead.
    04-28-12 07:16 PM
    Need anything thus far? You good?
    04-28-12 08:45 PM
    Why oh why is this thread slowly closing down, this should be the best thread ever along side with the refresh project because with this thread alive and well known the maker of the app well increase there production by hope and longing desire for the app!
    04-29-12 07:11 PM
    It's not dieing. xsacha is working on it.

We don't always have time to committ hours to our projects every night. We have other commitments!
    04-30-12 07:39 AM
    What is the status of the released source code? I really wanted to try to get an Amiga emulator running and put my (legal) kick13.rom in the amiga subfolder, but I guess the problem with loading the uae binary from the main binary is still there.

I downloaded the sources for this and attempted a quick recompile of just uae in Qt Creator, but there are quite a few dependencies to the main emumaster project. Did you manage to get Amiga emulation working as a standalone application?

Thanks for your awesome work so far,

BR,

Jim
    05-22-12 04:34 AM
    Amiga should work standalone if you remove all its hooks for configuration (eg. it expects a config file by emumaster front-end).
    You should just grab the original Amiga emulator before it was modded to work for emumaster if you are attempting this.

Right now I'm waiting for a future Playbook firmware where running multiple windows is allowed within an app. The API is there but currently faulty.
    05-22-12 07:10 PM
    What folder am i to drop the emumaster source?
    02-05-13 07:09 AM
    Any news on this? Has this been abandoned?
    invinciblemo likes this.
    09-01-13 10:34 PM
    I am also interested in knowing of the status of Emumaster.
    09-02-13 08:46 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD