Based on popular demand and to honour the request of 100's of users who pinged us on Twitter and emails asking for a price reduction, we have decided to slash the price of ProInsights by a whooping 50% JUST FOR THE WEEKEND!

Go on, grab it before the sale ends on Monday and make sure you follow us on Twitter to be notified of similar app deals, in the future.

www.ProInsights.me

PS: Our special thanks to Adam Zeis for his blog post on Crackberry which led to this decision.
    Last edited by XLabz; 01-07-12 at 12:31 AM.
    01-07-12 12:29 AM
    It shows $4.99 in app world, but when I go to the payment page it is still showing $9.99. Can you please fix it.
    01-07-12 06:23 AM
    Yep. Same here, $9.99 at checkout.
    01-07-12 07:07 AM
    I was going to try this out but the price to buy is still at 9.99.

I'll try again later today.
    01-07-12 10:15 AM
    Yup, still $9.99 at checkout. But I'll keep checking back.
    01-07-12 10:34 AM
    Still no fix.
    01-07-12 11:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem,
    It's says MEX $50.00 but when I try to pay, confirmation shows the full price of MEX $100.00
    Please fix that, I really want to buy this app
    01-07-12 12:21 PM
    We apologize for this mishap but unfortuntely this is completely out of our control and unintentional. We have got plenty of mails from users about this issue and we have already emailed RIM about the issue and trying to work a solution out for this. We will be extending the sale by a day. Please don't purchase it at $9.99 until the real price change gets reflected.

For those of you who have already purchased it at $9.99 yesterday, please email RIM/DigitalRiver support and ask them for a resolution. This should also help us get a speedy resolution to this issue and not end up disappointing the users who by mistake paid $9.99 instead of the sale price of $4.99.

We never thought reducing the price in favor of our users is going to backfire on us but so is the app business
    01-07-12 07:56 PM
    This seems to be typical of Appworld. Price reductions tend to take 24 hours to make their way through the network. Hopefully users understand that its beyond your control

Will definitely be picking up the app once the reduction comes through.
    01-08-12 10:19 AM
    I have just purchased it - price reduction finally kicked in.

Nicely done, as expected. Bird's Eye doesn't work, I had a message, that it failed and will try to build it during next sync. My timeline is also kind of messy, with the descriptions overlapping one another and thus unreadable. I hope it will be looked at in updates to come
    01-08-12 04:46 PM
    It shows $4.99 in app world, but when I go to the payment page it is still showing $9.99. Can you please fix it.
    We are hearing from a few users that the price change has propagated and the correct sale price is reflecting in the payments page. Can someone please confirm this?

We will be extending the sale by another two days to compensate for this.
    01-08-12 07:51 PM
    price has changed, I have got the apps, it's super sweet.

a little note to the devs: card-view needs to be fixed, it's too slow.. but for everything else, it's very nice...
    XLabz likes this.
    01-08-12 09:36 PM
    Wow. VERY nicely done app - the most pro I have seen and really leverages the capability of playbook - this is an example app for developers.

It really is worth the full price, but you would not know that unless you purchased it.

I'd like to be able to control what it shows on my profile (for example which place of work and which recommendation) - and this isn't a substitute for the website - there is a lot that you can't do - but for browsing your contacts it cant be beat.

Especially for recruiters or sales people who have a lot of distributed contacts - would also like to see integration with the native contact base on my phone - but ...maybe that is to come.

The graphics and interface can't be beat.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-08-12 at 09:44 PM.
    XLabz likes this.
    01-08-12 09:40 PM
    price has changed, I have got the apps, it's super sweet.

a little note to the devs: card-view needs to be fixed, it's too slow.. but for everything else, it's very nice...
    Thanks for being supportive of our efforts as always and thanks for your feedback. We have already started working on making the Rolodex view more smoother.
    01-09-12 05:40 AM
    Wow. VERY nicely done app - the most pro I have seen and really leverages the capability of playbook - this is an example app for developers.

It really is worth the full price, but you would not know that unless you purchased it.

I'd like to be able to control what it shows on my profile (for example which place of work and which recommendation) - and this isn't a substitute for the website - there is a lot that you can't do - but for browsing your contacts it cant be beat.

Especially for recruiters or sales people who have a lot of distributed contacts - would also like to see integration with the native contact base on my phone - but ...maybe that is to come.

The graphics and interface can't be beat.
    We are humbled by your comments, BlackJack! We are glad that you liked ProInsights and found it useful.
    01-09-12 05:42 AM
    I have just purchased it - price reduction finally kicked in.

Nicely done, as expected. Bird's Eye doesn't work, I had a message, that it failed and will try to build it during next sync. My timeline is also kind of messy, with the descriptions overlapping one another and thus unreadable. I hope it will be looked at in updates to come
    Dear Latarnik, thanks for you feedback - we would like to have a look at your infographics to see what looks messy. We have tested this with around 30 different profiles and we didn't notice anything too weird. Would you mind sending us the link to your infographics by mail?

We haven't heard any complains about the Bird Eye view so far and we would like to know what exactly was the problem and if at all it was gone after you did a manual sync again? Please mail us at support@xlabz.com and we will help you.
    01-09-12 06:27 AM
    This issue is now resolved and we have extended the sale by another 2 days. You can purchase ProInsights for $4.99 for the next two days. Thanks for your patience and we look forward to your comments/feedback on ProInsights.
    01-09-12 06:34 AM
    Dear Latarnik, thanks for you feedback - we would like to have a look at your infographics to see what looks messy. We have tested this with around 30 different profiles and we didn't notice anything too weird. Would you mind sending us the link to your infographics by mail?

We haven't heard any complains about the Bird Eye view so far and we would like to know what exactly was the problem and if at all it was gone after you did a manual sync again? Please mail us at support@xlabz.com and we will help you.
    Hi,

I have sent you an e-mail with more details on my problems. I am also attaching one screenshot to this thread, I am really interested why my profile is causing such problems.

Thanks for help!
    01-09-12 05:56 PM
    Great app! Only issue I have is that it gets a bit laggy at times, and especially in the cards view of your connections. Hopefully a fix is in the works...
    01-09-12 07:51 PM
    Hi,

I have sent you an e-mail with more details on my problems. I am also attaching one screenshot to this thread, I am really interested why my profile is causing such problems.

Thanks for help!
    Thanks for this. We just replied to your email. Please check and revert.
    01-10-12 03:16 AM
    Great app! Only issue I have is that it gets a bit laggy at times, and especially in the cards view of your connections. Hopefully a fix is in the works...
    Thanks for your comment. We are working on a fix for this which should be available in the next update. Fixing this however would mean that some visual effects might have to be disregarded in the Card View.
    01-10-12 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD