ive got most of your apps too. really nice quality.

as future updates, id like to see more dynamic elements to this, like when i see the companies that contacts are with, pushing the company logo takes me to the linkedin company profile - even if its via browser... stuff should happen when i push it to make it more interactive.

pretty cool app. i like it.
    Agree with that - when I see something in a circle - I fully expect to be able to press it for more info - a company, a contact...

How do you get info on who has viewed your profile? I didn't see that.

Looking forward to using this as a reason to no longer visit the website - there is a lot of functionality of course that could still be added.
    01-11-12 12:14 AM
    Agree with that - when I see something in a circle - I fully expect to be able to press it for more info - a company, a contact...

Looking forward to using this as a reason to no longer visit the website - there is a lot of functionality of course that could still be added.
    when I see something in a circle - I fully expect to be able to press it for more info - a company, a contact...

>> We are working on including this in the next update.

>> LinkedIn API doesn't allow 3rd party developers to get this data and hence this won't be possible.

>> We wan't to be straight forward about this. ProInsights was not developed to replace LinkedIn and is only meant to compliment it and allow users to get insights into their network which is otherwise not evident when you use LinkedIn. In that light, we don't have any plans to make this as a full fledged LinkedIn application and allow users to do all of that they can do when in the LinkedIn website. That is not a direction which we intend to take with ProInsights. We don't want to make any false promises about this.
    01-11-12 12:33 AM
    when I see something in a circle - I fully expect to be able to press it for more info - a company, a contact...

>> We are working on including this in the next update.

>> LinkedIn API doesn't allow 3rd party developers to get this data and hence this won't be possible.

>> We wan't to be straight forward about this. ProInsights was not developed to replace LinkedIn and is only meant to compliment it and allow users to get insights into their network which is otherwise not evident when you use LinkedIn. In that light, we don't have any plans to make this as a full fledged LinkedIn application and allow users to do all of that they can do when in the LinkedIn website. That is not a direction which we intend to take with ProInsights. We don't want to make any false promises about this.

Well, xlabs, you suckered me in, I said I dont spend more than a couple bucks on a app, everyone here raved about it, even the guys that paid $10.....

If it can not do what I can do when logged in on the linkedin wesite, what good is the app???
    Sorry, I don't think I will use your app. If you really put 3000 man hours into it, I expected much more. I would not be so upset if I only paid $.99, but what I got for the premium price I paid. What a let down.
    Sorry, I dont like. Maybe I need to wait and try it again after you update and get some function to the app.
    I did watch Youtube vid this morning on new PB OS2.0, it will have linkedin contacts automatically in contact list. For me, that is all I need. $5 or $10 wallpaper is, well, .............
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 01-11-12 at 05:49 PM.
    01-11-12 05:39 PM
    Well, xlabs, you suckered me in, I said I dont spend more than a couple bucks on a app, everyone here raved about it, even the guys that paid $10.....

If it can not do what I can do when logged in on the linkedin wesite, what good is the app???
    Sorry, I don't think I will use your app. If you really put 3000 man hours into it, I expected much more. I would not be so upset if I only paid $.99, but what I got for the premium price I paid. What a let down.
    Sorry, I dont like. Maybe I need to wait and try it again after you update and get some function to the app.
    I did watch Youtube vid this morning on new PB OS2.0, it will have linkedin contacts automatically in contact list. For me, that is all I need. $5 or $10 wallpaper is, well, .............
    Powell, we understand that this might not be optimal for you but then we never said (in the app description or anywhere) that you will be able to do everything that you can do with LinkedIn. That is what you expect out of it and not something which we promised to do. It was clearly mentioned that ProInsights is a Infographics and Visual Insights tool and the app description details everything. Most of the users who are asking for editing the profile and such are asking it as a "feature request" and they are not complaining that we promised to do that and not doing it. We could have just said that we will consider that request and let it there but then we don't want to make false promises and not deliver later.
    01-11-12 07:24 PM
    Hi xlabz,

A question for you. If a contact does not have a picture in their LinkedIn profile, does your software show a placeholder icon (silhouette) or just a blank space in the Picture bar on the main screen? I have several contacts without a picture and I don't see them in the Picture bar.
    Last edited by JazzL5; 01-18-12 at 11:39 PM.
    01-18-12 10:44 PM
    Hi JazzL5,

In all other views except the Photo Wall on the Main Screen, if a connection doesn't have a profile picture at all, ProInsights displays the "default" image in its place. Also, the same image is used when an image fails to load (due to network connection unavailability or slow connections).

In case of a connection failure you would initially see a blank image and only once an image data is returned from the server, the image is displayed. If the server fails to return an image due to connection failures or timeout the default image is displayed.

In the "Photo Wall" (or Picture Bar as you call it) widget on the main screen however, only profiles which have images are selected and this widget excludes connections who have no images, as that is the purpose of the photo wall.
    01-19-12 12:47 AM
    Hello Everyone,

We just wanted to let you all know that ProInsights V 1.0.3 for PlayBook is now available. This update is mainly a performance upgrade and takes care of the issues that users with more than 1500 connections are facing. Also, V 1.0.3 allows you to view info on your connections by tapping on the photo-wall displayed in your infographic.

For those of you who've been experiencing performance issues, please do upgrade for better performance and let us know in case of any further problems.
    02-03-12 12:54 AM
    Hello Everybody,

We�re pleased to announce the release of the latest update for ProInsights � V2.0!

Based on the most requested features we�ve been receiving from our users, here�s what V2.0 includes:

Network Updates: View all your network updates; including company updates, job postings etc. and interact with them. You can now post status updates on your LinkedIn timeline.
    � Send your contacts messages from within ProInsights
    Interactive Infographics: You can now view your connections� profiles from your infographics. Just tap on the countries, companies or the photo-wall widget to view more details on your connections!

Also, we understand that a lot of folks would love to try out ProInsights, but are hesitant only because of the �$9.99 tag�. So, based on huge demand & to honor our users� requests, we�ve decided to bring down the price of ProInsights to $4.99.

Go ahead and grab a copy of it here before we change our mind

Here's a sample infographic generated from ProInsights:

We hope many more of you will check out ProInsights and let us know what you think.

Please feel free to email us at bbsupport [at] xlabz [.] com in case of any suggestions or issues.
    Last edited by XLabz; 03-13-12 at 02:46 AM.
    KOOLWATER and catwoman66 like this.
    03-13-12 02:19 AM
    Purchased!!! Am loving the interaction and UI, great job, thanks
    XLabz likes this.
    03-13-12 09:40 AM
    Been using this for a while now. AWESOME app. thanks!
    XLabz likes this.
    03-13-12 03:37 PM
    @koolwater Thanks!!!
    03-13-12 08:17 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD