Here's a good news for all of you who wanted ProInsights at a lower price tag. We don't usually do this, but looking at the sheer demand for the app and the tremendous support from all of you here, we have decided to slash the price by 50% JUST FOR THIS WEEKEND..

Go grab it before it's gone! The price will be back to $9.99 from Monday.
    mouselangelo likes this.
    01-07-12 12:07 AM
    I will probably end up buying this but let me tell you - if it was $5
    I would have pulled the trigger today - $10 made me hesitate, not that it doesn't look worth the price. - just FYI

Looks cool and nicely done but not enough value over going to the website or using the linkedin app as I dont frequent the site that much. But I am not a power user...my peers are in my area and not all that many of them. Not a whole lot of searching to be don, I don't have to look them up I know who they are and what they look like..

The only reason I see now is to support development on the playbook. Not a criticism just a little feedback.
    Love seeing quality apps for the playbook. Thanks for the work.
    I don't think now you have any reason not to get one Go on, get it at the price you asked for!
    01-07-12 12:09 AM
    yeah i think its great for $5. go for it people.

sure i paid $10 but thats what happens to early adopters.
    01-07-12 12:19 AM
    yeah i think its great for $5. go for it people.

sure i paid $10 but thats what happens to early adopters.
    Sorry about the fact that you had it buy ProInsights at a higher price. As we said, we have never done this before but the amount of feedback and emails we got from people about this was mind blowing that we were pressured to do this just for the very own users and die hard fans of our apps who have been supportive of us all the way along.
    mouselangelo likes this.
    01-07-12 01:16 AM
    I am a bit ambiguous here. I use LinkedIn a lot and have a lot of connections there. Only people I know, I have never connected to someone for the sake of their contacts only, but still 500+ connections. So I should definitely benefit from this app.

Having said that - I really don't need infographics to understand my network. Perhaps because I use it a lot - I have a pretty good understanding of it and I actually like the GUI of LinkedIn itself. So I don't see the real value added.

There is also a price tag - 10 pounds in UK is actually not cheap. Comparing to the beautiful games that cost around �5, and I am sure were at least as expensive to develop as ProInsights. Also, even though you have reduced the price for the weekend (which is a very good move, I believe more people will buy it and you will actually make more money), it shows as �5 in AppWorld, but after clicking on it it still asks for �10 at the payment stage.

Now to be more useful to you - what I would like to get from such app (perhaps you can add such functionalities):
    Once there is a native contacts app in Playbook, I would love to see some kind of integration between ProInsight/LinkedIn contacts and PB ones. Possibly with some automatic tags added, so you can actually exclude them from contacts when you want just to see your original contacts, and quickly include them when you want to search the entire list, including the LinkedIn ones.

I would also like to be able to use ProInsight to edit my LinkedIn account, with some hints from the software - like examples of really well maintained accounts, perhaps some statistics (without user-specific data) of other ProInsight users, with advices like: "12% of users in Philadelphia changed their job during last 12 months, comparing to 4% worldwide. If you are looking for a new job, search this area", or something like this.

Plus it will be great to see the simulation of your network, if you accept some invitation. It is not my style, but many people connect with others just to expand their network. So it would be good to click on a person and be able to see how would your network benefit from connecting to him/her. The same would be useful when accepting invitations from strangers. When you receive an invitation, clicking on "Preview" would show you how your network changes when you accept it. In numbers, statistics, infographics, etc.

And the last option I can think of, which would probably be welcomed by LinkedIn themselves, is if you could design a html-based e-mails with invitations to join LinkedIn, with some of your visual aids (I have to admit - the screenshots look AMAZING). So I would for instance send an invitation to my contacts from PB contact list, who are not yet on LinkedIn and they would receive an e-mail with some of your infographics showing them how would their network look if they join in by accepting this invitation. To whom will they get access, etc.

Thinking ahead of myself - the same could be done to prompt inactive users to log in and update their accounts. They would receive an e-mail sent by me, but generated by ProInsight (publicity for you), saying that I would like to know what is new with them, have they done any exciting projects lately, that they can put on their LinkedIn account, etc. This e-mail would say for instance: "You haven't updated your LinkedIn account for the last 18 months. What are you up to these days? Any new projects recently or exciting new skills? Share it!" and some infographics to support the benefits of having the account updated (plus benefits of using ProInsight).

To summarize - thank you for this app. It is too expensive for me, but I will probably buy it anyway, if only to support good quality apps for Playbook and use of LinkedIn. I am also hoping for some updates with new features, perhaps I can learn something about my LinkedIn account after all
    01-07-12 02:31 AM
    I would just like to thank you (xlabs) for taking the time to develop for the BlackBerry Platform.

Your apps are definitely some of the nicest, most gorgeous apps I ever seen on this and other platforms.

When QNX phones come out I hope to see some of your awesome apps asap!

You guys are awesome, keep doing what you're doing!
    XLabz likes this.
    01-07-12 11:28 AM
    App World may say $5 but the checkout price is still $10. Please fix this so we can buy it!
    01-07-12 11:58 AM
    App World may say $5 but the checkout price is still $10. Please fix this so we can buy it!
    Confirmed. Would someone fix the price please before the weekend is over. Thanks.
    01-07-12 01:20 PM
    I don't think now you have any reason not to get one Go on, get it at the price you asked for!
    Sold!
    But when I ring it up it still says $9.99?

and dang it - does anyone know how to fix "problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error 579024)
    01-07-12 01:26 PM
    I agree with laternik - it mostly seems useful if I use linkedin as a contact base or manager- but I don't. If anything there should be integration/synchronization with the native contact manager that does not yet exist - All of my contact info is currently in my phone and email PIM. What I don't need is yet another database to maintain.

Now THAT would make $10- cheap.

However at $5 I will purchase it for sure. - If I can only get the checkout to read $5 and get my stupid paypal working...
    01-07-12 01:32 PM
    I can see that his app would really shine for sales persons or recruiters.
    XLabz likes this.
    01-07-12 01:39 PM
    just about had my sale as well, at checkout showed 9.99 axed the purchase

with seeing rumor of regular linkedin app in OS2..... I will hold out for the Free version

call me cheap.....
    01-07-12 03:47 PM
    @powellcrazy: I think this app would complement the regular linkedin app. From the description, the purpose of the app is to provide you with informations regarding your connections and viewers of your profile.

@xlabz: will I need to have the pro linkedin account to be able to use this app? price is still $9.99, as soon as it checks-out $4.99, I will definitley buy it...
    01-07-12 07:38 PM
    We apologize for this mishap but unfortuntely this is completely out of our control and unintentional. We have got plenty of mails from users about this issue and we have already emailed RIM about the issue and trying to work a solution out for this. We will be extending the sale by a day. Please don't purchase it at $9.99 until the real price change gets reflected.

For those of you who have already purchased it at $9.99 yesterday, please email RIM/DigitalRiver support and ask them for a resolution. This should also help us get a speedy resolution to this issue and not end up disappointing the users who by mistake paid $9.99 instead of the sale price of $4.99.

We never thought reducing the price in favor of our users is going to backfire on us but so is the app business
    01-07-12 07:55 PM
    We are hearing from a few users that the price change has propagated and the correct sale price is reflecting in the payments page. Can someone please confirm this?

We will be extending the sale by another two days to compensate for this.
    01-08-12 07:55 PM
    @powellcrazy: I think this app would complement the regular linkedin app. From the description, the purpose of the app is to provide you with informations regarding your connections and viewers of your profile.

@xlabz: will I need to have the pro linkedin account to be able to use this app? price is still $9.99, as soon as it checks-out $4.99, I will definitley buy it...
    Mark, nice to see you here You don't need a LinkedIn PRO account to use the app, a normal free account should suffix.

Now as far as the purpose of the app goes, you were correct when you said it provides information regarding your connections but it does now show details on who viewed your profile and such (the LinkedIn API doesn't allow us to access that detail). We are planning on making a simple walkthrough video to help users better understand the purpose, will update the thread with that link once we have produced it.
    01-08-12 08:00 PM
    Yes it rings up at 4.99 now - thanks!
    XLabz likes this.
    01-08-12 08:05 PM
    Yes it rings up at 4.99 now - thanks!
    Thanks for confirming this. Will wait for a few more to confirm this before we start sending. out mails and tweets.
    01-08-12 08:12 PM
    $4.99 for me. Bought!
    XLabz likes this.
    01-08-12 08:42 PM
    This issue is now resolved and we have extended the sale by another 2 days. You can purchase ProInsights for $4.99 for the next two days. Thanks for your patience and we look forward to your comments/feedback on ProInsights.
    01-09-12 06:37 AM
    Confirmed. Would someone fix the price please before the weekend is over. Thanks.
    This issue is now resolved and we have extended the sale by another 2 days. You can purchase ProInsights for $4.99 for the next two days. Thanks for your patience and we look forward to your comments/feedback on ProInsights.
    01-09-12 06:38 AM
    Mark, nice to see you here You don't need a LinkedIn PRO account to use the app, a normal free account should suffix.

Now as far as the purpose of the app goes, you were correct when you said it provides information regarding your connections but it does now show details on who viewed your profile and such (the LinkedIn API doesn't allow us to access that detail). We are planning on making a simple walkthrough video to help users better understand the purpose, will update the thread with that link once we have produced it.
    hi xlabz, bought your app, really slick.. please do make that video tutorial, I can't figure out how to use bird-eye .. it just shows a map of south-east asia and that's it..

btw, I also own your app groovynote and stockpulse, are you still working on them? I can see that the quality of the graphics is increasing with each app, I hope you could develop more apps and improve existing apps. Love your work..
    01-09-12 10:41 AM
    hi xlabz, bought your app, really slick.. please do make that video tutorial, I can't figure out how to use bird-eye .. it just shows a map of south-east asia and that's it..

btw, I also own your app groovynote and stockpulse, are you still working on them? I can see that the quality of the graphics is increasing with each app, I hope you could develop more apps and improve existing apps. Love your work..
    We will let you know as soon as we have the video made. The issue with the bird-eye view seems to be with the geo coding service and we are looking into a fix for this. We will keep you posted on it.

We are indeed working on a update for both Groovy Notes and Stock Pulse and they should be released in a few weeks.
    marksasongko likes this.
    01-10-12 03:20 AM
    ive got most of your apps too. really nice quality.

as future updates, id like to see more dynamic elements to this, like when i see the companies that contacts are with, pushing the company logo takes me to the linkedin company profile - even if its via browser... stuff should happen when i push it to make it more interactive.

pretty cool app. i like it.
    XLabz likes this.
    01-10-12 11:37 PM
    ive got most of your apps too. really nice quality.

as future updates, id like to see more dynamic elements to this, like when i see the companies that contacts are with, pushing the company logo takes me to the linkedin company profile - even if its via browser... stuff should happen when i push it to make it more interactive.

pretty cool app. i like it.
    Thanks for your comments and glad to know that you are fan of our apps.

We are incorporating a lot more functionalities into the next update based on the user feedbacks we have been receiving so far. Stay tuned for an update to this thread.
    01-10-12 11:57 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD