So I just got the itunes sync app for my playbook, and would like to put songs from my itunes account onto my playbook. I downloaded the app for my playbook and the software for my pc. I have the software for my pc running on my computer. When I got into the app on my playbook, and press sync, it asks me for my computer's IP address. I enter the IP address, and it says it still can't connect!!!! I feel like I've tried everything and it just won't work! I thought this app was supposed to be super easy, sync your itunes account to your playbook with the press of a button. This isn't working for me at all~!

Someone please help!
    02-05-12 11:01 AM
    So I just got the itunes sync app for my playbook, and would like to put songs from my itunes account onto my playbook. I downloaded the app for my playbook and the software for my pc. I have the software for my pc running on my computer. When I got into the app on my playbook, and press sync, it asks me for my computer's IP address. I enter the IP address, and it says it still can't connect!!!! I feel like I've tried everything and it just won't work! I thought this app was supposed to be super easy, sync your itunes account to your playbook with the press of a button. This isn't working for me at all~!

Someone please help!
    Can you even connect to your desktop computer from your.Playbook. Use the builtin network diagnostics tools to first make sure your computer can be pinged and then do the reverse from your desktop to the PB. If not then you have other issueS with your network. If you are running a firewall on your desktop then disableit temporarily and try again. If it works with your firewall off the you will need to make a change the setting to allow iSync through.

I am using iSync here and other than an issue with my Mac dropping wifi (a known problem) it works great with both mine and my wife's playbooks. If that still fails try going to the developer's site or contacting him with the issue. I have found Daniel to be very helpful and responsive. The web site is at daniel bigham.ca and has a lot of information that you might find helpful.
    02-05-12 01:02 PM
    I had a similar problem initially and here is what fixed mine. 1.) Make sure you open Itunes sync and click on what's my IP address just to make sure the one you are entering is correct. 2.) You need to have Itunes open on you PC orherwise it won't connect. That should fix it.
    02-05-12 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD