i just recently bought the Blackberry Playbook and I have the bluetooth connection, bridge connected and tethering running successful. I can access facebook and everything else but Blackberry App World. When I click on it, it says to make sure my wireless connection is turned on. I don't need a wi fi connection for everything else so why do I need it for App World?
    12-25-11 05:23 PM
    Appworld is not supported on bridge currently. Only Wifi.
    jafobabe and VeronicaMews like this.
    12-25-11 05:40 PM
    This is a related question with App World.

A friend has had a PB for some weeks and I have been trying to download and install the 'Files and Folders' app. I cannot log into his BBAppWorld to download because:
    1) he cannot remember his password; and
    2) the registered Blackberry ID on the PB is incorrect - has a typo!

I could cope with the lost password - simply click on lost password and it sends it to the registered email address. But the problem is the incorrect Blackberry ID on the PB (About/General/BlackberryID) - I have no idea what the password is and no way to retrieve it because the Blackberry ID is not a valid email address.

Any hints on how to reset the registered user name to a valid email address without wiping everything on the device? Can this be done from the computer originally used to set up the PB?
    12-25-11 09:50 PM
    Any hints on how to reset the registered user name to a valid email address without wiping everything on the device? Can this be done from the computer originally used to set up the PB?
    Try this:
    1. Open the PB Help app. You can find it somewhere in the home screen folders - probably the "All" folder on a 1.0.8 device.
    2. Tap the BlackBerry App World icon then scroll down to "Update your BlackBerry account information".
    3. Tapping this link will open the browser and go to the Sign in page for BlackBerry ID. You will of course need your current BBID and password.
    4. Change the details as required after you sign in.

Good luck.
    12-25-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD