Lo there,

For a while now I have been storing my vids (avi, mp4 etc) on my NAS and using a sideloaded version of the fantastic ES File explorer to view them (via the LAN setting and the NAS's IP address)
    This has worked great for ages.

However I've just been sent a few largish .flv files and have them stored on the NAS.

ES File Explorer's built in player won't play them, and neither will the Blackberrys own Video player or Rockplayer. These are the only media players that appear in the ES File Explorers list of video players when you select the .flv file.

I have loaded a couple of other free media players ("Player D" and "Local Media Player") that supposedly support .flv files, but neither appear in the ES File Explorer menus when selecting the files
    I'd really rather not copy them local to the Blackberry as they are rather large.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

TR
    05-02-13 02:37 AM
    I think that you're out of luck. The android runtime does not support flash, and the only options ES or any other android file browser will give you for opening files are the default native app and any android apps that might be able to open the file. So, you won't be able to use any android media player to open these files nor will you get the option to use any other native apps that actually can play flash. It is possible that Kalemsoft media player will do what you want- it does support flash and can stream media from your PC. Whether it supports NAS, I don't know.
    05-02-13 11:35 AM