Anyone else having problems paying apps via PayPal recently?
    When I submit my PayPal data for authentication, it loads a few seconds until a preapproval error code appears: 579038, which stands for "the data range between the start and the end date is too wide".
    Maybe related: After updating to OS 2.0, I downloaded and installed some updates for Gameloft titles. In two or three cases, afterwards a message stated something like no valid license being found. Since I'm still able to play those games, I didn't care much about it.

Edit: I began typing this using Playbooks' German keyboard which "corrected" "apps" to "Apple" - strange.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 03-01-12 at 08:38 AM.
    03-01-12 08:32 AM
    I had this error yesterday - I logged into the webstore on my PC and setup Paypal there.

When I went back to my Playbook, my Paypal was all setup and authenticated and I just purchased what I wanted. Easy fix.
    Rjinswand likes this.
    03-01-12 09:03 AM
    Thanks, but I can't log into the AppWorld PC webstore. I tried a few browsers. The error message is "An unknown error has occurred (EC )".

Edit: The PayPal authentication on the PlayBook App World works again.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 03-01-12 at 10:55 AM.
    03-01-12 09:23 AM
    Edit: I began typing this using Playbooks' German keyboard which "corrected" "apps" to "Apple" - strange.
    Sorry I can't help with your pay pal problem but if you click the little triangle in the top right corner of the original post, you can ask the mods to correct the title of your post.
    Rjinswand likes this.
    03-01-12 12:19 PM
    I'm having the same PayPal error
    03-01-12 03:53 PM
    All i added my PayPal. Via webstore but still can't purchase on Playbook, does it take time ?
    03-01-12 05:38 PM
    Anyone else having problems paying apps via PayPal recently?
    When I submit my PayPal data for authentication, it loads a few seconds until a preapproval error code appears: 579038, which stands for "the data range between the start and the end date is too wide".
    I got an e-mail recently from paypal saying my pre-approved payment plan with RIM is expiring soon. Have you received a similar e-mail recently? If it's saying the range between the start and end date is too wide, it may be something like that? Mine expires today, I have not yet tried to purchase an app, but I'm expecting I might face a similar problem now.
    03-02-12 01:54 AM
    No, I haven't received such an e-mail.
    I'm not sure what solved the problem, trying to sign into the PC App Wold as callitthestig suggested (even though I got an error message) or simply the time and something being done by the App World operator.
    03-02-12 02:40 AM
    Appworld is currently down for maintenance on the web abd device so maybe they are doing some good things,fingers crossed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 using Tapatalk 3D
    03-02-12 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD