06-11-11 12:23 AM
46 12
tools
    All of a sudden the app world on my playbook will not work. When I open it all I see is the beginning load screen and it just stays like that. Anyone else having this problem?
    06-07-11 04:15 PM
    Yep..Worked all day until sometime this afternoon.

I put in a support ticket with RIM.

Tim
    06-07-11 04:53 PM
    Maybe a problem with clearing the cache, the new os seems to clear it each time removing the need to RST.

Turn wifi off and see if you get a list of your apps?

Tried the proper restart?
    06-07-11 04:56 PM
    Same issue here...
    06-07-11 05:03 PM
    Tried all that. No luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 05:17 PM
    I can load it, but can't get past the 'featured' screen

UPDATE: I just managed to pass from the featured apps to one that needs update, but after downloading, it won't install. Displays an error and prompts me to reinstall. What a major disappointment
    Last edited by f1mx; 06-07-11 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Updating my statement
    06-07-11 05:33 PM
    I am having the same issue. App World starts up and dies at the start up screen.
    06-07-11 05:45 PM
    Same problem here
    06-07-11 05:50 PM
    Just wondering if it is a wifi issue. It worked fine on my home network this morning but currently I am using a public wifi hotspot and not working. Is this similar to anyone else who is having problems
    06-07-11 06:23 PM
    It is a good question. But what would have changed? I am experiencing the same problem and the last time I used the App World was to download the update for Poynt. The Website for App World is working fine. If I turn off the Wireless, the Apps is giving the error message that it need to be connected to the wireless network. I can not test with tethering or with the bridge.
    06-07-11 06:32 PM
    They answered the support ticket I put in...fast reply too. See email from them below.

Tim

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We are pleased to assist you."

"We are in fact performing maintenance on App World this evening into tomorrow morning. Let me know if this is still happening by tomorrow at noon."

"Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day."
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    06-07-11 06:41 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Screen freezes on load page for appworld. Hope they fix this soon.
    06-07-11 06:59 PM
    working fine for me.
    06-07-11 07:10 PM
    nope not working one mine... still waiting for a response from RIM
    06-08-11 01:55 AM
    Not working on mine either. Blank but colorful screen. Worked after the update was first downloaded but not since last night. In Bermuda, so it may be an international issue.
    06-08-11 06:39 AM
    Still not working for me. I am however recieving notifications that there are some updates available for a couple of my apps!
    06-08-11 06:41 AM
    Wasn't working for me last night but it is fine now.
    06-08-11 06:57 AM
    Can you not access App World through tethering? I can on wifi, but never through the tether.
    06-08-11 08:08 AM
    Can you not access App World through tethering? I can on wifi, but never through the tether.
    That is correct, App World is WiFi only. Will not function while tethered or bridged.
    rjom likes this.
    06-08-11 08:38 AM
    again RIM is doing maintenance through this morning.
    06-08-11 08:49 AM
    App World will load - but after 1.0.5 it is slow as balls
    06-08-11 08:51 AM
    this happened to me too....but now its working fine....following is my theory on why this is happening.....
    before update...we guys (with few exception) used not clear our cache in the appworld by typing "RST"....so now i suspect that over one & a half months, cache size might have gone up....now in the new update, the OS automatically clears the cache at the time of loading the appworld....so the first time u load the appworld, system will try to clear all the cache stored over the last approx. one & half months....now this clearing of cache takes time...sometimes even couple of minutes....once this cache is cleared, appworld will start smoothly....the next time u start appworld, it would take anywhere between 4-10 secs depending on ur last session in appworld....so my take is that first time u open appworld, let it me ideal for couple of mins....that wat i did & it worked for me !!!
    06-08-11 10:29 AM
    this happened to me too....but now its working fine....following is my theory on why this is happening.....
    before update...we guys (with few exception) used not clear our cache in the appworld by typing "RST"....so now i suspect that over one & a half months, cache size might have gone up....now in the new update, the OS automatically clears the cache at the time of loading the appworld....so the first time u load the appworld, system will try to clear all the cache stored over the last approx. one & half months....now this clearing of cache takes time...sometimes even couple of minutes....once this cache is cleared, appworld will start smoothly....the next time u start appworld, it would take anywhere between 4-10 secs depending on ur last session in appworld....so my take is that first time u open appworld, let it me ideal for couple of mins....that wat i did & it worked for me !!!
    I called support this morning. They want me to do a security wipe. I think I'll try your theory first.
    06-08-11 07:11 PM
    i was informed that app world went through maintenance in all regions on june 8 between 12am and 6am eastern time which left the app world unavailable between 2am and 3am eastern time... possible aftermath?
    06-08-11 07:48 PM
    An 15-hour aftermath?

RIM clearly blew something in this update or has some major malfunction.

The maintenance excuse is not being used by all reps and is long past due. Maintenance is a scheduled thing. This is too big a hosing following the OS update to be "maintenance" or anything routine.

Forget the slab for a couple days and enjoy The Cup.
    06-08-11 08:35 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD