An 15-hour aftermath?

RIM clearly blew something in this update or has some major malfunction.

The maintenance excuse is not being used by all reps and is long past due. Maintenance is a scheduled thing. This is too big a hosing following the OS update to be "maintenance" or anything routine.

Forget the slab for a couple days and enjoy The Cup.
    Cup not going too good now either!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 08:49 PM
    This thing better not turn out to be another Viewsonic g-tablet software fiasco.

I am trying to use these for my business because RIM said these are business focused and with the right apps, this thing could suit my needs well. I have heard that pipe dream from other tab makers before and no tablet has been able to step up to the plate. I have used BB phones and love them making me trust RIM even more on this device. Now this appworld crap (along with other issues) is almost making me want to return all of them. Patience is running thin. QNX is not ready yet.

Does RIM realize that it costs us business owners time and money having to beta test their products because they want to make money faster and release an unfinished product with promises. How about the embarrassment of recommending a device that does not do everything it is supposed to do, nor function correctly? Imagine giving your mom one of these and she is having our problems. How much apologizing and fixing will you have to do before she thinks it is a piece of ....?

/rant

It makes me feel bad to be in the tech industry sometimes.
    Maestrodog likes this.
    06-08-11 09:50 PM
    An 15-hour aftermath?

RIM clearly blew something in this update or has some major malfunction.

The maintenance excuse is not being used by all reps and is long past due. Maintenance is a scheduled thing. This is too big a hosing following the OS update to be "maintenance" or anything routine.

Forget the slab for a couple days and enjoy The Cup.
    Yes an aftermath meaning, after the maintenance...wheels were not yet spinning normally as they thought they would be. it happens
    06-08-11 09:58 PM
    I finally got tired of waiting for a fix and did a security wipe. It fixed the problem but only if you don't restore your device. I restored and had then same problem. Second time I wiped and then started from scratch and it worked. I had to reinstall my apps and transfer my music and videos. Kind of a pain but at least it is working now.
    06-08-11 11:03 PM
    I finally got tired of waiting for a fix and did a security wipe. It fixed the problem but only if you don't restore your device. I restored and had then same problem. Second time I wiped and then started from scratch and it worked. I had to reinstall my apps and transfer my music and videos. Kind of a pain but at least it is working now.
    I was afraid you were going to say that..
    06-08-11 11:13 PM
    still not working for me in los angeles too. It does give me notifications that some of my apps have newer version ready but Appworld just hangs...
    06-09-11 12:14 AM
    Appworld still down after 12 hours. Security wipe should not be the solution. I have opened Appworld several times yesterday and it worked fine

06-09-11 12:57 AM
    and it is alive again!

06-09-11 01:03 AM
    Not alive for me yet. (I say "Yet" with the hope that it will be soon.)
    06-09-11 02:16 AM
    I called support this morning. They want me to do a security wipe. I think I'll try your theory first.
    Was tired of waiting and went the security wipe way. Should have done it sooner. All is working now...

06-09-11 07:14 PM
    I did the wipe and reinstall. App World then worked fine.. but now its back to the same thing. Goes to the startup screen and sits there.

Wish I could go back to the prior OS. This is not looking good for RIM at all.

Tim
    06-09-11 08:29 PM
    I did the wipe and reinstall. App World then worked fine.. but now its back to the same thing. Goes to the startup screen and sits there.

Wish I could go back to the prior OS. This is not looking good for RIM at all.

Tim
    Did you do a restore after the wipe? i read in another post that if you restore after you wipe App World ends up not working all over again...
    06-09-11 08:55 PM
    i did a hard reset, than deleted an app from the home screen (without opening appworld) gave a it a few minutes and it worked, checked about 1 minute ago and its down again, pretty sure this isn't on the users end and rims effin something up. Below are my step by step screen shots of failure if anyone else wants to try haha

edit: and now its back LOL, im pretty sure the r s t command was disabled from appworld on the pb, but when i got the blank screen i slid the keyboard up and typed rst then closed and re opened and it worked, what a mess
    Last edited by ericlc2; 06-09-11 at 09:07 PM.
    06-09-11 09:01 PM
    Did you do a restore after the wipe? i read in another post that if you restore after you wipe App World ends up not working all over again...
    Nope. Even though that is what the tech recommended I installed fresh without a restore. Downloaded all my apps new and App World worked just fine until tonight. Didn't have have any issues like this before the new OS and RIMs downtime the other night..

I know suspect something is very wrong and RIM is covering it up.

Tim
    06-09-11 09:05 PM
    had the same problem i deleted the bbridge from my phone, reinstalled it, and app world worked once again on the playbook i then deleted the apps that had stopped working (likr national post) and reinstalled them everything works now good luck.
    06-09-11 09:28 PM
    As I just posted in the other thread, this thing is major malfunction. We've wasted all our time trying to fix something that is really not on the device side.

RIM has not been properly communicating with the front lines and just having everyone chill until a real fix is identified. Instead, they've been winging it, so you get support saying there's maintenance, another support saying reinstall, another saying well, we'll do a wipe and THEN you'll be fine.

All over the map, really. Some of the applications can't handle the upgrade. They are going to need to figure that out, then have us restore or reinstall without those applications. That or a new OS release.

Glad I don't own shares.
    06-09-11 09:53 PM
    This morning RIM had me do a wipe and reinstall. Did and AW worked right away. THEN did a restore and yes indeed AW craped out again. Did ANOTHER wipe and did not do a restore just resynced and reloaded all but a suspect app and all is well for now. If it craps out again it HAS to be on RIMS side.
    06-10-11 12:25 AM
    It is on RIM's side... It was working fine for me and all of a sudden from one going to bed to a wake up its not working. What a POS of incomplete software hah
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-10-11 at 01:00 AM.
    06-10-11 12:53 AM
    AW works perfectly for me. I'm updating and downloading with no problems whatsoever.
    06-10-11 01:05 AM
    Well I ended up doing a complete security wipe and now mines working great. What a pain but im glad it is working again...
    06-10-11 09:19 PM
    i did a hard reset, than deleted an app from the home screen (without opening appworld) gave a it a few minutes and it worked, checked about 1 minute ago and its down again, pretty sure this isn't on the users end and rims effin something up. Below are my step by step screen shots of failure if anyone else wants to try haha

edit: and now its back LOL, im pretty sure the r s t command was disabled from appworld on the pb, but when i got the blank screen i slid the keyboard up and typed rst then closed and re opened and it worked, what a mess
    I just posted this in another thread since that same solution worked for me. I didnt think RST worked on the PB until now.
    06-11-11 12:23 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD