Hi

I am in the UK, and have a new Playbook. Can access the App Store, and browse - but when it comes to downloading, or updating, it allows me to enter my BBID then returns an error message to say that it is having trouble accessing the server. I NEED Angry Birds!!!!

Anyone got the same problem, and preferably a solution?
    02-01-12 04:44 AM
    Are you running the 2.0 Beta?
    02-01-12 08:07 AM
    No, why, should I be?

It is a new playbook so it downloaded the latest update as soon as it was fired up....
    02-02-12 03:25 AM
    bumping - getting no love from Blackberry support (UK) - anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Just in case this is linked (which may well be the problem) I also can't verify my email account as the link just takes me to a website error page saying this feature is not working at the moment (but it also says I should be able to use BB ID features anyway)
    02-02-12 04:39 AM
    Is there a UK equivalent:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID

Or try it???

Good luck.
    02-02-12 08:51 AM
    Not sure what u are suggesting I do, but thanks for replying.

....I have been through all the ID settings and have now been able to confirm my email....the problem of being unable to download or update apps remains. Does ANYONE have a clue /work around
    02-02-12 11:48 AM
    I've just tried updating an app on my phone in the UK and it is horribly slow. Like you, I can browse okay. Assuming the Playbook and phones connect to the same server for downloads it looks like there is a problem.
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    02-02-12 12:27 PM
    Well that is kind of reassuring - thanks!

I have lodged a report with support - if I don't hear anything by the weekend I shall phone them!
    02-02-12 03:07 PM
    I contacted BB Support and a wonderful man called Chad (who called me Ma'am in a lovely Texan accent) set up my App World account through his BB phone....linked it with my paypal a/c and all sorted!
    Last edited by Bluemoonjules; 02-03-12 at 03:09 PM.
    02-03-12 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD