Hey everyone, I'm working on an app or two for an organization I volunteer with (any quarkpunks out there heard of Icarus Interstellar? If not, Check.it.out., it will make all your scifi dreams come true!) and it would be really useful to be able to create a private app market, to which only certain people had access. Is this possible? I believe it can be done on Android, however BlackBerry is definitely going to be supported and it would be really useful to have organization-only apps and such, hence a private app market. Thanks.
    06-25-12 08:51 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm working on an app or two for an organization I volunteer with (any quarkpunks out there heard of Icarus Interstellar? If not, Check.it.out., it will make all your scifi dreams come true!) and it would be really useful to be able to create a private app market, to which only certain people had access. Is this possible? I believe it can be done on Android, however BlackBerry is definitely going to be supported and it would be really useful to have organization-only apps and such, hence a private app market. Thanks.
    Nope because the only organization that would need something like this would typically be enterprise organizations. Enterprise organizations use BlackBerry Enterprise Service to push apps to employees. As an alternative you can just send out the app directly to your users (without using AppWorld).
    06-25-12 09:13 PM
    RIM has done everything they can to prevent competing app markets on the PlayBook. I wouldn't count on having one accepted to App World.
    06-26-12 12:18 PM
    Hmm thanks for the responses.
    06-26-12 03:40 PM
    Blackberry Device Service (part of Blackberry mobile fusion i beleive,) should be able to do this. from what i understand after associating a playbook with a user you can publish applications which would then appear under a work tab in app world. I dont have any experience with Mobile Fusion but im sure i read that somewhere.
    06-27-12 04:01 PM
    Wow that sounds perfect. I assume it would work with smartphones too? Thanks for the tip!
    06-27-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD