I'm sure many of us have noticed that the first picture shown for Monopoly in the PlayBook App World has a Prius on it and reads "Prius is starting its turn". Is there a way to get the Prius in Monopoly? I have never seen it in the game.
    02-25-12 10:46 AM
    I would assume, Prius paid a ton of money to market their car in the game to make sure you get another advertisement fed to you in a new way.

I think the car would be replaced with a Prius in the item selector... Although that's pretty shameless advertising. I hate advertising anytime I pay for something (its like double dipping). Xbox is bad for that.
    02-25-12 12:45 PM
    I would assume, Prius paid a ton of money to market their car in the game to make sure you get another advertisement fed to you in a new way.

I think the car would be replaced with a Prius in the item selector... Although that's pretty shameless advertising. I hate advertising anytime I pay for something (its like double dipping). Xbox is bad for that.
    Maybe it was just for that picture in the PB app world, because it does not show up in the game
    02-25-12 12:49 PM
    I don't have monopoly on my PB, but my better half has it on her iPad.

The Prius is just a new piece to play - I couldn't say for sure, but I believe it's additional rather than a replacement for something.

The make of the car is never mentioned (caveat - that I've seen), so it's fairly low level advertising, if at all...

Either way, I was using it last time we played. I won with over 5k in my pocket. Despite that, I'm happy with my real Honda Jazz and have no plans to purchase a hybrid as yet
    02-25-12 12:50 PM

I am not surprise, there were Prius as downloadable content in EA's Sims 3 (for PC).
    02-25-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD