It would be nice if it actually worked via BlueTooth if your computer is able to do that, and maybe some ports to play with. I believe it' may not be working because of some sort of authentication error.
    02-21-12 03:09 PM
    So I got myself logged on but I can't see any progress bar whatsoever and nothing seems to happen. Is that supposed to be?
    You mean you got logged into BlackBerry ID services, or you got the Desktop PC Pairing Password box to pop up as well.
    02-21-12 03:13 PM
    I think it's a fabulous addition and it worked right away for me on an XP Pro machine. I can even print AutoCAD drawings and carry them for reference. I also love the fact that it still 'prints' over to the tablet while it's resting comfortably in standby mode.

BTW, it claimed to have an error at the end of the installation but still works perfectly.
    02-21-12 03:15 PM
    Hi All,

Struggled with this earlier today and thought I'd post my solution. The install for the Print to Go software on my Windows 7 laptop would hang, nothing but a full green bar and it would just sit there. I eventually managed to find the log file (C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Temp\BB_PrintToGo.log) and determined it was at this line where it was hanging -> RIM: Running: net.exe stop spooler. Note: To cancel the install I had to find and kill "net1.exe" entry in Task Manager, otherwise even canceling wouldn't work (although you could reboot instead and force the close of the install).

I ran command prompt as admin, ran "net.exe stop spooler" which asked to stop the fax service as well as the print spooler.

After stopping the services I re-ran the install and it worked like a charm. My best guess is that it's the warning that you have to stop the fax service and the question "Do you want to continue this operation? (Y/N) [N]" that the install hangs on - its waiting for a reply that never comes.

Just printed my first document to my Playbook! Great feature...it caught me totally by surprise.

Hope that helps.
    02-21-12 05:06 PM
    Did a quick test this morning and flawless.
    02-21-12 05:26 PM
    What's the advantage of using this instead of email? I don't really see it. :/
    02-21-12 05:53 PM
    Has anyone tried Print to Go? I thought it's an awesome idea and one that no one is talking about.

It also looks like this is one of those special The Astonishing Tribe apps because it's one of the nicest looking and feeling apps I've tried in a while. Performance is fast, clearly not a crappy AIR app.

Unfortunately they don't have a Mac version for the PC side of things right now... Hopefully it's coming soon!
    Just install Windows 7 on your Mac, that is what I did and now I have great hardware with an OS that is actually nice to use.
    02-21-12 05:54 PM
    What's the advantage of using this instead of email? I don't really see it. :/
    You hit print from anything and it is on your PB as a PDF. No starting your email app, attaching a file, addressing and sending. No worrying about having a compatible reader on your PB for the document you printed. Use less paper and ink.
    02-21-12 06:00 PM
    Just install Windows 7 on your Mac, that is what I did and now I have great hardware with an OS that is actually nice to use.
    Actually I run Windows 7 in a VM for work since I'm a developer who works with .NET, but that doesn't matter. My main OS is OS X and I'd like to not rely on a VM for these kinds of things.
    02-21-12 10:30 PM
    It would be better if Print to Go was more like Google Chome.
    Where you can send a file
    FROM your PB
    TO your PC
    and use the PC to drive the connected local paper printer(s).
    02-21-12 10:35 PM
    I didn't expect much from Print to Go, but it's much more useful than I expected. It's easier to use print to go to just print documents into PDF on the PlayBook than to even do wifi sharing and dropping the files onto the PlayBook. The interface is also very good, and hopefully we'll see more Cascades elements soon!
    luigigosc likes this.
    02-21-12 11:39 PM
    What can be easier than hitting the print button? Email requires more steps and depending on your setup might not even have a copy on your playbook.

Love the app would be great if I could change the default app the pdfs open in. I prefer repligo reader over adobe.
    02-21-12 11:49 PM
    I got it to work its a pretty cool idea, I can copy my time sheets i do for work online and keep them on file. One thing I don't that RIM thought of was i might want to do that from the browser on the playbook but their is no function for that that i have been able to find.
    02-22-12 02:04 AM
    no MAC version = fail
    As it turns out using a MAC = Fail.

;-)
    02-22-12 02:49 AM
    my company uses different IP ranges for WLAN and LAN for security reasons. Is it the only way to get this feature when you are in the same IP range?
    @ home it works brilliant and I like it very much!
    02-22-12 03:38 AM
    my company uses different IP ranges for WLAN and LAN for security reasons. Is it the only way to get this feature when you are in the same IP range?
    @ home it works brilliant and I like it very much!
    I agree, it's going out over the network anyway, they should be able to easily make it so it's accessable anywhere, as long as both ends have internet
    02-22-12 04:14 AM
    As it turns out using a MAC = Fail.
    Apple are the most popular computers on the planet and the biggest tech company. Those facts can't be ignored. RIM has repeatedly failed to understand that not everyone or every company is Windows based these days. Ignoring Mac users drives them to the iPhone and iPad.

I'm trying to find a way to use Print to Go with VM ware.
    02-22-12 04:47 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    THis is a great feature!!! ... good addition RIM!
    02-22-12 04:51 AM
    I'm having the same problems, signing into to BlackBerry ID services no problem, but the window where you enter the code doesn't display for me. Using Windows 7
    i have the same problem...using firefox,explorer or chrome
    02-22-12 05:03 AM
    Apple are the most popular computers on the planet and the biggest tech company. Those facts can't be ignored. RIM has repeatedly failed to understand that not everyone or every company is Windows based these days. Ignoring Mac users drives them to the iPhone and iPad.

I'm trying to find a way to use Print to Go with VM ware.
    Um....bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

And wouldn't a lot of Mac users more naturally use iPhones or iPads due to the seamless integration of "i" products? Most of my friends who are Mac users are also iPhone and iPad users. That is the pull of the Apple ecosystem, isn't it?

I agree that Mac integration is needed, but I think you're taking your Apple love to a bit of an extreme. So claiming "fail" for a product that is not Apple based is more than a touch hyperbolic. Even Apple had to acquiesce and cater to Windows, e.g. Boot Camp. Because even Apple understood its reality in that they were in fact *not* the largest computer and software manufacturer. Rather, Microsoft's Windows continues to own that space.

When it comes to smartphones, they are now second to Android. And they lost out in the race against Android for FIPS certification.

So your claim is way off base.
    Regnillop and thedark722 like this.
    02-22-12 05:09 AM
    i have the same problem...using firefox,explorer or chrome
    using chrome @ home and it works - maybe a popup blocker issue?
    02-22-12 05:15 AM
    no MAC version = fail
    You know mac is always weeks behind, its coming.
    02-22-12 05:22 AM
    using chrome @ home and it works - maybe a popup blocker issue?
    It would appear so, at first glance.
    02-22-12 05:24 AM
    Not an issue of it being on the same network (it works via the Blackberry NOC). But the sending PC cannot be on a corporate network behind a firewall which seems a major fail...
    02-22-12 06:05 AM
    Not an issue of it being on the same network (it works via the Blackberry NOC). But the sending PC cannot be on a corporate network behind a firewall which seems a major fail...
    I think its not a fail - I think you will need a different port as usual - the admin can open it
    02-22-12 06:55 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD