I'll foolishly ask - how does one to this? Something I need to setup on computer?
    Yes

By going here - BlackBerry - Print To Go
    02-21-12 04:13 PM
    Yes

By going here - BlackBerry - Print To Go
    Thanks. I was too slow deleting me message. Too many goodies too fast. Just installed a2dp motoS9's. Sideloading Kindle and Repligo and

Installing Print2go now.

Seems to work.
    Last edited by F2; 02-21-12 at 05:14 PM.
    02-21-12 04:18 PM
    I can�t understand what�s the use of this Print to go app, first it needs a good wifi connection to make the transfer, secondly it is soo slow... and third It is much easier and faster to copy-paste files with a mini usb cable... what is missing here ?
    02-21-12 04:18 PM
    I can�t understand what�s the use of this Print to go app, first it needs a good wifi connection to make the transfer, secondly it is soo slow... and third It is much easier and faster to copy-paste files with a mini usb cable... what is missing here ?
    Well, I guess, for instance, I did a Print2go of this webpage from Firefox. So I wound up with a print-formatted version of the info I was looking at. So rather than a word-doc, you'd have the doc as it would be IF PRINTED to page but in electronic/digital form. I'm not sure if I'm correct but that seems like what they were aiming for????
    02-21-12 05:17 PM
    Wow. It works great using windows xp!!!....attempted using vista "big issue".
    02-21-12 05:18 PM
    It is working on Vista HomePrem64 on my system.
    02-21-12 05:50 PM
    02-21-12 05:57 PM
    I've also been experiencing problems with Print To Go not working properly. Everything is installed correctly and Print To Go says the document was printed and sent successfully however it never appears on the PlayBook. Hopefully this is something that will get worked out soon.
    02-21-12 06:19 PM
    I noticed that when my PB went on Sleep Mode, it stopped sending and I got the same error. I was sending a 69 MB file... which took forever btw... much faster to just save it.. and plug it up and transfer over to the PB. Everyone wants to go wireless these days... I wish Print to Go could have worked via bluetooth or usb. I can't find much use of it if I have to be at my desktop.
    02-21-12 06:37 PM
    Works like a charm from my Win7 computer. Does it have to go via the Blackberry servers to go from my computer to the Playbook. Just seems too fast! Press print on the computer and it is already on the PB, both on the same network segment.
    02-21-12 08:02 PM
    No luck here still won't work I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong herex_x I'm still getting the same error
    02-21-12 10:57 PM
    After reading through this thread, I thought that I would have nothing but trouble setting this up, but this was one of the quickest and most easiest things I have ever set up. It took no more than 6 minutes to get everything working perfectly.

I downloaded the app; installed it on a Windows 7 Home Premium X64, Service Pack 1 computer; loaded a word document, pressed Print, selected Print to Go; entered my BBID, entered the sync code (not sure its exact name) from the Playbook; and voila, the file sent over.

Tomorrow, I will try through my work Computer - a Windows XP device and see whether or not, via tethering to my phone, if I can get Print to Go to work.
    02-22-12 12:21 AM
    The first time I tried it, the PC driver hang after getting my BB id and password. Later I found that my file sharing and wifi sharing were both off. Turning them on solved my problem.
    02-22-12 12:36 AM
    Experienced the sending followed by a fail. My work laptop was docked, so it also had a hard network connection as well as the wifi connection, this wifi is a different network which also has the PlayBook connected.

I removed the laptop and restarted, so both devices only on the wifi network.

This time the document was successfully sent. But now seeing the other issue...where is the document, no sign of it in 'print to go' or the pdf viewer... Had the wifi sharing set to off during the above test, this being turned on may fix this last issue, but haven't time for another reboot.

Seems to me that I'm going to have to turn off local network for this to have any way of possibly working... Makes you wonder that the people who designed these solutions have any real world experience...this is a great idea, just so poorly developed and managed..a real shame. So it is impractical for me to pursue, just hope it gets the resources it deserves some time soon.
    02-22-12 03:48 AM
    For everyone having problems, try to disable your antivirus for the first run. After the initial set up of pass word/paring turn back on your anti virus. All should be good if the first run worked
    manuelino and mikeec67 like this.
    02-22-12 04:08 AM
    Thanks guys I will wait a while then try again. And my file wifi sharing is turned on.

I will report when I have done it
    02-22-12 06:32 AM
    no luck still getiing the error i reinstalled then disanabled firewall & antivirs and on playbook wifi sharing us turned on but no password protection. im still getting the same old error and i pressed the reset option in the print to go app
    what should i do :S :'(
    02-22-12 08:46 AM
    The point of Print To Go is not to transfer generic files, it's for when you've got something in a program like a web browser, or word processor, and you just need it dumped to the PlayBook for later retrieval or reference.

When I read your post, I immediately hit Ctrl-P in Firefox, clicked OK, Print, and about 15 seconds later it was in PDF on my PlayBook, which was still sitting nearby in Standby. Now I've got a copy of this entire thread stored for permanent reference in PDF form on my PlayBook.

I can't see how any other process, especially one involving a USB cable, could be any more convenient for this sort of purpose.

Print To Go isn't supposed to be a universal solution to file transfer problems. It's got a few very specific use cases and it seems to do them quite well (for those who've gotten past the installation/configuration issues).

I'm hoping we can install multiple Printer instances for different PlayBooks, so my wife and I can print stuff to each other's PlayBooks conveniently.

I also hope and expect that in future it will work through the Internet so we won't even have to be on the local WiFi network to do this. I'm pretty sure with the link through RIM's infrastructure for device location that wouldn't hard to do (after all, video chat's doing it already).
    02-22-12 09:24 AM
    Tried again, whilst laptop connected to corporate network. Said successful twice, failed once, interesting it was successful when playbook in was in standby mode?

Prints still missing though, can't be located on playbook, so no idea where they went.

My playbook is connected to a mapped network drive all the time via wifi. So I've decided for now to use cutepdf to print direct to my playbooks document directory. Only downside is it isn't encrypted and can't view prints in print to go app... upside, extremley fast and can be viewed in PDF reader... Hope this helps...
    02-22-12 11:34 AM
    Mine does not work...no matter how much I keep retrying it keeps telling me that it is "Unable to locate" the PlayBook. This blows royal since I actually have a very real use for this! Bah
    02-22-12 01:26 PM
    The problem with the "unable to sign in" or "your session has expired" errors was indeed AVG (for those who have AVG. For those who don't the solution might be similar so please keep reading).

I did a little testing and found out that Surf Shield under the Link Scanners icon was causing the problem. Surf Shield is what scans pages behind the link before your click on them. In fact, surf shield has been known to interfere with service sometimes.

Solution: You can leave AVG activated. Just disable Surf Shield. It is working like a charm now.

Following this, it asked for the PIN immediately when I tried to print. Caution: you have to restart your playbook, else the printbar can't locate your playbook

Hope this works!! Take care.
    02-22-12 01:42 PM
    For everyone having problems, try to disable your antivirus for the first run. After the initial set up of pass word/paring turn back on your anti virus. All should be good if the first run worked
    Giving this a try now. Uninstalled Print to Go, turned off McAfee, turned off firewall, reinstall Print to Go, sign in and will try to print. If it doesn't work I'll throw a fit.
    02-22-12 02:26 PM
    Giving this a try now. Uninstalled Print to Go, turned off McAfee, turned off firewall, reinstall Print to Go, sign in and will try to print. If it doesn't work I'll throw a fit.
    Let us know please, if this was just a virus protection problem, would solve so many headaches. I'm using AVG free...and looking forward to going home and giving it a shot with surfshield or AVG just off.
    02-22-12 02:30 PM
    I also hope and expect that in future it will work through the Internet so we won't even have to be on the local WiFi network to do this. I'm pretty sure with the link through RIM's infrastructure for device location that wouldn't hard to do (after all, video chat's doing it already).
    I'm hoping for this as well, but in the meantime, I print to PDF on my computer, and put it in my BOX account for sharing with the family, or coworkers. BOX is offer 5 gigs for free right now again as part of their PlayBook promotion. Great program for collaborating, sadly unlike Dropbox there is only a paid desktop version, can't create folders for BOX on your PC.
    02-22-12 02:35 PM
    Let us know please, if this was just a virus protection problem, would solve so many headaches. I'm using AVG free...and looking forward to going home and giving it a shot with surfshield or AVG just off.
    I'll know in about 15 minutes.
    02-22-12 02:42 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD