All Print to Go users:

Have you tried to set up Print to Go, push print, get to the initial "log in" screen, put in your BlackBerry ID and then it just sits there or says "session expired"?

Go to your anti-virus/firewall program (I find AVG to be a big culprit here) and disable it for 10 minutes as you set up the initial login/PlayBook code settings. Then you should be able to set up Print to Go no problem.

I can't guarantee it's a universal solution, but it just worked on 2 different computers having the same problem.
    Last edited by dsquared2; 02-24-12 at 12:13 PM.
    02-23-12 02:47 PM
    Worked for me....AVG Free. Thanks!
    02-23-12 03:48 PM
    I've spent to many hour trying to get this to work on my Laptop with vista. I have giving up on it.
    It works on my Desktop PC with XP just fine. Both computers have AVG.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 02-23-12 at 04:07 PM.
    02-23-12 04:04 PM
    I was having the same problem where I would put in my BlackBerry ID and it just sit there or says "session expired". Temporarily disabling my Anti-Virus (AVG Free) allowed me to setup Print To GO. Thanks for the TIP dsquared2
    02-23-12 04:09 PM
    I've spent to many hour trying to get this to work on my Laptop with vista. I have giving up on it.
    It works on my Desktop PC with XP just fine. Both computers have AVG.
    In AVG go to advanced settings and "temporarily disable AVG". then print something to the PlayBook and sign in and enter the PlayBook's code (be sure to check "remember me"!)
    Last edited by dsquared2; 02-23-12 at 04:15 PM.
    02-23-12 04:13 PM
    I set my antivirus software to always permit Print to Go, and haven't had a problem. Don't use AVG; it is a resource hugger.
    02-23-12 04:45 PM
    I set my antivirus software to always permit Print to Go, and haven't had a problem. Don't use AVG; it is a resource hugger.
    Yeah I use Comodo
    02-23-12 04:47 PM
    It works without problems with kaspersky, print to go is my new groupon tool haha, every document that I have to print now is in my pb, you don't know when I will need them
    02-23-12 04:49 PM
    I am an AVG user and followed dsquared2's instructions and they worked perfectly. Top man!
    02-23-12 05:32 PM
    Worked for me. I had given up. Thanks for the tip.
    02-23-12 05:48 PM
    Big thanks... the key was to disable AVG from the "Tools", "Advanced Settings" menu.
    02-23-12 06:55 PM
    I did the disable AVG and it now works without a hitch
    thanks for the work around
    02-23-12 07:34 PM
    I did the disable AVG and it now works without a hitch
    thanks for the work around
    No problem! This morning i was doing it and for some reason guessed that, even though AVG wasn't popping up with any alerts!
    02-23-12 08:22 PM
    When I did this on my Lenovo with Symantec, the firewall dialog popped asking if I would allow the connection. I did and it worked OK. When I did this on my Latitude with AVG, no such popup occurred but I decided to disable it anyway.

In both case I checked the box to remember me. Looks like the account info is encrypted in the registry. Maybe later I'll blow it out and see if I can still connect with AVG on.
    02-23-12 08:57 PM
    All Print to Go users:

Have you tried to set up Print to Go, push print, get to the initial "log in" screen, put in your BlackBerry ID and then it just sits there or says "session expired"?

Go to your anti-virus/firewall program (I find AVG to be a big culprit here) and disable it for 10 minutes as you set up the initial login/PlayBook code settings. Then you should be able to set up Print to Go no problem.

I can't guarantee it's a universal solution, but it just worked on 2 different computers having the same problem.
    Awesome post dude. Problem solved. Thank you so much.
    1959gazza likes this.
    02-23-12 10:46 PM
    In AVG go to advanced settings and "temporarily disable AVG". then print something to the PlayBook and sign in and enter the PlayBook's code (be sure to check "remember me"!)
    Thank you.
    02-23-12 10:47 PM

This work great, After reading it over again I found it & it worked. Thank you so much.
    02-23-12 11:00 PM
    I have AVG 9.0 paid and it wont deactivate plz help
    02-23-12 11:13 PM
    I have AVG 9.0 paid and it wont deactivate plz help
    I would make sure the program is up to date and try restarting your computer.

1.Open the AVG Program.
    2.On the Tools menu, click Advanced settings.
    3.Click Temporarily disable AVG protection in the menu on the left side.
    4.Select the Temporarily disable AVG protection check box, and then click OK.
    5.Choose how long you want the protection to be disabled and whether to disable the Firewall as well, and then click Disable real-time protection.
    02-24-12 12:02 PM
    Its true.

It was necessary for me to disable AVG security to get print to go working on my PC.

Print to go would install fine on my PC running Vista, but I could not successfully get to the tablet pairing setup untill I suspended my AVG security.
    02-24-12 03:13 PM
    Its true.

It was necessary for me to disable AVG security to get print to go working on my PC.

Print to go would install fine on my PC running Vista, but I could not successfully get to the tablet pairing setup untill I suspended my AVG security.
    I wish it would pop up and tell you!
    02-24-12 05:24 PM
    Hi Guys,

I was hoping the above solution would work for me given that I too use AVG.

However, my problem differs slightly in the fact I actually get fairly positive notifications from Print to Go. It goes through the usual process of "Converting, locating and sending etc" it then even says sent and window will automatically close in 10 seconds.

Where the problem lies is that nothing has ever arrived on my PB.

I have tried the above solution and reset and re done everything several times.

Is there anything you guys would suggest or think is the issue?
    03-20-12 10:51 AM
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and unfortunately disabling MSE doesn't do the trick.
    03-20-12 01:05 PM
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials as well, and I've had no issues also with Print To Go. I've never had to disable my anti-virus software. Setup for me went very smoothly.
    03-20-12 01:13 PM
    Thank you for helping me with this. I could not figure out how to fix this problem. Print to Go worked great before I got my new computer and I did have AVG, but I had no problems in the past. Thank you for clearing all of this up for me.
    03-30-12 10:51 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD