Three Playbook apps I purchased (Dead Space, Madden and SimCity), are not showing up in the Uninstalled list in App World after a security wipe, so I am unable to reinstall them. They were sale versions when I bought them, and I suspect this is causing the problem, as the sale versions are no longer available in App World, which seems to have confused it.

Anyone any ideas on how I can get them back? Here in the UK it would cost 24 (~$36!) to buy all three again :-s.
    02-23-12 07:18 AM
    I had a similar problem with Dead Space. It's icon was showing up twice in the menu so I deleted one of them just to find out the other one didn't go any further than the loading screen. Deleted the app and had to do a couple of reboots of the PB to finally be able to download the game again through appworld from the info screen there. So not from the uninstalled list (it didn't show up there either).

My version btw is not the sale version. Bought it pretty quickly after coming out. So not sure if my fix will help you, but you shure can try.
    02-23-12 07:23 AM
    Three Playbook apps I purchased (Dead Space, Madden and SimCity), are not showing up in the Uninstalled list in App World after a security wipe, so I am unable to reinstall them. They were sale versions when I bought them, and I suspect this is causing the problem, as the sale versions are no longer available in App World, which seems to have confused it.

Anyone any ideas on how I can get them back? Here in the UK it would cost 24 (~$36!) to buy all three again :-s.

I contacted RIM regarding the same issue I'm not sure if you purchased your apps while using the 2.0 beta like I did but sometimes app world prices came up in $ so it believed I was from the USA and after installing 2.0 full OS an error came up which said not available in your country you can check this by going to blackberry UK site and logging in using your ID which will show all app world purchases and reasons why it may not show ..good luck ok.
    02-23-12 08:37 AM
    If you purchased them whilst using os 2.0 you will have lost them.
    However if you still cant get them back, contact appworld support.
    I had a reply within two days and got a refund the next day.
    I then went and repurchased the app after downgrading back to os 1.08 at the time.
    02-23-12 09:07 AM
    What details did you guys contact RIM on? Trying to find an email address on their website is a nightmare.
    02-23-12 09:35 AM
    More often than not, if you click purchase, it will come up with a message saying purchase error, you have already purchased this app and it will down load and install normally.
    02-23-12 09:56 AM
    Hmm, seems it might be a country-confusion issue, yeah. It did think I was in US when I bought them, as you described ksean007. If I look at App World now, it gives me a "Purchase" button, and price of 10 - if I trick it into thinking I'm in the U.S., no button appears at all - neither Purchase, nor Reinstall or anything (just for those three apps). I'll try a few reboots, like you say, Gortoth666.
    02-23-12 11:19 AM
    I had nothing until I did a refresh.
    02-23-12 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD