Im glad for the forum! I installed this, I am thinking , as I am meant to do, that it would be nice to have all the papers in one app. I too had questions about the permissions allowing access to files which" may be shared with third parties". Im glad I am not alone in thinking that each paper was .99 only to find out each issue is that much. That could add up quick for a guy like me. I too got the black screen having denied access to my personal info and files. I think this is just a data miner in news app clothing.
    08-10-11 09:28 AM
    Im glad for the forum! I installed this, I am thinking , as I am meant to do, that it would be nice to have all the papers in one app. I too had questions about the permissions allowing access to files which" may be shared with third parties". Im glad I am not alone in thinking that each paper was .99 only to find out each issue is that much. That could add up quick for a guy like me. I too got the black screen having denied access to my personal info and files. I think this is just a data miner in news app clothing.
    Unlike BB phones where the permissions are much more specific, the pb's permissions are broader. I do wonder how much info they might store on which articles you read or maybe they don't get any additional info on specifics once you download a periodical.
    08-10-11 11:23 AM
    I'll start a new message since its separate from my above posting.

I had not used PressReader for a week.

I just opened it, well, 20 minutes ago. It does not seem to be doing anything - no new issues are being downloaded. I don't see any option to start downloading. Ideas? And, yes, I have 5 periodicals setup for auto download.

Thanks in advance
    08-10-11 12:18 PM
    So far, it seems good. I like the fact that if you double click on an article, it will maximize the article into columns so that it is easier to read. If you then pinch to zoom on that, you are presented with a paragraph format to read the articles, i.e., no columns.

I'm still unclear as to what the monthly subscription actually gets you as it almost implies that you can read as many newspapers as you wanted to. But I'm not quite sure if that's what they really mean.
    Hi folks � Michael from PressReader here. Just jumping in quickly to clarify the monthly personal subscription plan. Under our fair use policy, the plan allows you to download approximately 100 issues per month which essentially amounts to 3-4 newspapers per day. That said, you have unlimited selection, meaning you can choose to download and read the same 3-4 publications for an entire month or choose to download different publications each day.

Feel free to read the fair use policy here: http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdis...20Use%20Policy

Hope this helps!
    Michael
    westcoaststyle and Darlaten like this.
    08-10-11 12:53 PM
    I won't have a chance to check this out until I get home from work, but it seems like a really sweet newspaper app!
    08-10-11 01:12 PM
    Seems "Pressreader" was here but did not respond to my issue - open the app but it does not appear to update any of my chosen periodicals.
    08-10-11 04:43 PM
    Hi F2 - sorry I missed that.
    The publications will only update automatically if you've ticked the automatic delivery option prior to downloading - this can only be done under the Personal plan however. If you're using the pay-as-you-go plan, you will need to purchase each additional issue you'd like to download.
    Hope that helps!
    Michael
    08-10-11 05:07 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD